Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 08:56 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 2 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I read this today and admit I was surprised...

https://nypost.com/2018/09/19/trump-...good-time/amp/

I don't like Trump--never have
Think he is a horrible president, a crook, and a danger to the world in general but I admit even after the towel throwing in Puerto Rico and then refusing to concede the increased death toll as a result of failed FEMA/government response I thought he would have learned

But to go from all the negative comments about his PR remarks to telling the people who are facing destruction of their homes, businesses, and in some cases losing people they love---to something as just totally tone deaf-stupid as "have a good time"
Why do they let him out w/o a keeper???

Nothing, absolutely nothing, surprised me about Trump (at least anything after the "blood" remark to Megyn Kelly). If he's THAT tone deaf with a matter as intimate as feminine hygiene, then should it anything else he said and did since then really surprising?

The bigger amazement is that so many people actually believed that Trump would "tone down his rhetoric and act presidential" after he got elected. Some people apparently had a great deal of difficulty recognizing that once somebody's ***-holery passes a certain threshold, they sure as hell aren't gonna change even after winning the grand prize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 08:56 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times
Empathy doesn't mean you can't be positive. Look, the sun is shining, they're giving out free food, the government is helping....HAVE A GOOD TIME EATING FREE FOOD AND BEING SAFE AND ALIVE ....that's what I get from it. Enjoy this moment - by HAVING A GOOD TIME RIGHT NOW.

It didn't mean "have a good time being displaced from your home and trying to put your life back together over the next many months".

Geez...have some common sense.

Trump isn't some heartless devil. What would Clinton have done? "I feeeel your pain". "Want some hot sauce, I got some here in my old-lady purse."

C'mon now.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:59 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
A danger to the world. Sure. He's waving his magic wand and people are dropping like flies all across the fruited plains and purple mountains--from Bangladesh to the outback of Patagonia.

The reign of Mr. Trump has hitherto been one continued tempest of malignant passions. As president, he has never opened his lips without threatening or scolding. He is a repulsive pent. A gross hypocrite—one of the most egregious fools upon the continent. A hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Before it is too late to retrieve our deranged affairs, the people must demand the immediate resignation of old, querulous, bald, blind, crippled, toothless Trump.
Or we could laugh at the constant display of TDS and be thankful for the ones not possessed by it.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:15 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Yeah, he should have said “Have a miserable time.â€
So your first thought seeing someone who has just lost their home in a flood is to say 'Have a good time".

Really......

oh dear.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:16 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
We are taking about the guy that after 9/11 seemed to boast that he now had the tallest building in Manhattan after the collapse of wtt1 and 2.

This is one of those lies that has been repeated so often that no one bothers to check anymore. But he is not BRAGGING. Trump states that his building had been the tallest, and then wasn't after the WTC was built, and then is now the tallest again, and then immediately discusses how awful the scene is, with 2 feet of rubble on the ground on Wall Street, seven blocks from the WTC.

This follows a conversation with the broadcasters who ask him about the fact that his buildings are well known landmarks and tourist attractions and that they are now targets for flying bombs. If you are now the owner of the tallest building in NYC, wouldn't you be a bit concerned that more madmen are going to seek out your building to destroy?

Here is a link that includes the actual audio/visual:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...lest-building/

Old 09-19-2018, 09:18 PM

Yeah for me this thread is less about Trump saying it -- and more about the folks who choose to defend him saying it.

That's an issue I have.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:20 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yeah for me this thread is less about Trump saying it -- and more about the folks who choose to defend him saying it.

That's an issue I have.
Were you there, and were you a witness to the conversation between that man and the President?

No?

Well, then, don't presume you know what really happened.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:26 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Lot of TDS here. Pathetic.
Instead of complaining about the posts, how about you show them how wrong they are. When has Trump shown any empathy? That should be easy for you to answer

Old 09-19-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Were you there, and were you a witness to the conversation between that man and the President?

No?

Well, then, don't presume you know what really happened.
You missed the whole point.

Doesn't matter if I was there -- the fact that people will defend (and they have) the President saying it (whether or not he did) is kind of sad to me -- and funny at the same time.

Doesn't matter if the original story is true or false.

I don't have a hate on for Trump because he lacks any empathy -- it goes deeper than that -- lol.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:36 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
The facts have no feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies