Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 09:50 AM

16,266 posts, read 10,392,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yep. The cult has no problem seeing the sliver in their neighbor's eye, while ignoring the 2x4 in their own.

That's why I have little respect for them. In the past the left and the right had a different philosophy and and went after it but that's healthy.

But once Donald Trump came on the scene they seem to have lost all ability to see things fairly and think for themselves. They believe the accusers of Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein but call the Ray Moore And President Trump accusers liars for doing the exact same thing. All because Trump says so. They follow his every word and that's why I refer to them as a cult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2018, 10:13 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,244,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
That's why I have little respect for them. In the past the left and the right had a different philosophy and and went after it but that's healthy.

But once Donald Trump came on the scene they seem to have lost all ability to see things fairly and think for themselves. They believe the accusers of Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein but call the Ray Moore And President Trump accusers liars for doing the exact same thing. All because Trump says so. They follow his every word and that's why I refer to them as a cult.
For Pete's sake....Cosby is as guilty as OJ Simpson. You have how many freaking women who accused him? Of basically the same thing - drugging them first then raping?

Weinstein - same thing - the creep should be in jail or on trial by now not walking the streets.

Moore's was only bad because it involved underage girls but the voters put him out of business.

Trump - by far the most questionable accusations - no rapes, no non-consensual sex. No minors. All before he got into office (unlike Slick Willie Clinton).

Old 09-21-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Well, I didn't want to rehash the history. Clinton was the president of the United States when his affair with Lewinsky occurred. Lewinsky was an impressionable intern, whether she thought she was in love with him or not. And BTW, if she was so in love with him and it was consensual, why save the dress?
It's all so sordid, and I'm no prude! As to the other women Clinton sexually assaulted, he should have been held accountable for those crimes, which I believed occurred either while he was governor of Arkansas or a candidate for the US presidency, so all while he was supposed to be serving in an 'official' capacity. Not the same situation as President Trump at all.
I call Hillary an enabler because the talks out of both sides of her mouth. Says every victim should be heard, but denigrated every single one of her husband's victims publicly. And we know why.
Again I am not here to defend Bill Clinton's actions, I though the should be impeached and I was pissed off that he looked the camera in the eye and lied to us all.

I'm just calling out the hypocrites in this thread who were calling Bill a rapist for allegations from years past where they called those accusing Trump and Moore liars for doing the exact same thing that Paula Jones and company did

If Bill Clinton should have been held accountable for those actions so should President Trump, he has his own list of accusers too. But as we've seen his followers pick and chose which accusers are to believe and which are to be called liars and worse based entirely on the politics of the accused. And that's a bunch of crap.

Old 09-21-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
For Pete's sake....Cosby is as guilty as OJ Simpson. You have how many freaking women who accused him? Of basically the same thing - drugging them first then raping?

Weinstein - same thing - the creep should be in jail or on trial by now not walking the streets.

Moore's was only bad because it involved underage girls but the voters put him out of business.

Trump - by far the most questionable accusations - no rapes, no non-consensual sex. No minors. All before he got into office (unlike Slick Willie Clinton).
Here is another example. If you could show me posts of yours where you gave Moore's accusers the same credibility that you did the accusers of Weinstenin then and only then will you have any credibility. I'm thinking you can't produce those posts so again you believe accusers based entirely on the politics of the accused.

And no not all of Trump's accusers involved consensual sex. Please try and keep up, there have many allegations of sexual misconduct by Donald Trump. But again you won't give them any credibility because it's Trump and not a liberal.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:23 PM

23,446 posts, read 12,481,493 times
Quote:
Do you feel the same way about Melania?
I missed it. When did she publicly denigrate those women and what did she say?
Quote:
Interesting how you only believe the accusers of the liberals and give the accuser of Donald Trump and Ray Moore a pass, calling them liars. Clinton was impeached about lying about an affair. I never once gave him a pass for being a liar and a wife cheater, something you have constantly done when it comes to President Trump.
I realize that you're speaking to someone else, but I wanted to add my two-cents. I'm not going to speak for Moore, since I had never spoken up for him on here or anywhere else.

With Trump, before I had even decided to cast my first vote for him I did my research. I found that many of their stories had been debunked. That it appeared there were ulterior motives at play - wanting their restaurant hyped, cash, etc. (mortgage paid off) for speaking up, lying to the court, seeming to make that claim and file a suit as a way to pressure Trump into settling another lawsuit (and then dating him after dropping the suit-what kind of a woman dates someone after claiming they were sexually assaulted by the guy?}, etc.. etc. Not a single woman had even the slimmest bit of proof to back up their claim. IF any one of them could have proved their claim then I wouldn't have voted for him. IF someone, anyone, like any of those women or like one of his WH aides, now comes out, with verifiable proof, that he had sexually assaulted them without their consent then I will not vote for him in 2020. As far as it seems to me, he has an open marriage and if he has consensual sex with someone outside of the marriage then it's not up to me to judge, as long as he didn't use his position as a means to force a woman into having sex. IF bill had consensual sex, did not rape women or use his position to have sex with someone under him, like an aide, then it wouldn't have mattered to me.

Seems as though those in the position of president had always been philanderers, both in and out of the WH. If it's consensual, and not with a person beneath them, who really cares and why do people suddenly seem to care?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies