Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2018, 03:18 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,944,881 times

Advertisements

OP hates the constitution.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:23 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
OP hates the constitution.
If the Constitution were being folllowed there wouldn't even be any Somalis in this country.

Where did the Federal government get the authority to admit them?

Old 09-20-2018, 03:26 PM

4,030 posts, read 2,714,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
An abomination that a foreigner is allowed to hold public office. That should NEVER be allowed. They shouldn't be allowed to have any government job of any kind, paid, unpaid volunteer, nothing.
So you'll be writing to the current POTUS and tell him he needs to divorce his foreign-born wife, because she shouldn't be First Lady of the United States, correct?

Quote:
Especially not a Somali....someone from one of the worst places on the planet, a culture that has never produced anything, has never come up with a stable form of government. Why in the world do we accept these people into our homes? Its insanity.
You might want to brush up on your history. We've had foreign born senators, representatives, governors, mayors, and so on, ever since we formed as a nation. The two offices closed to those of non-native-birth are the POTUS and VP.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:30 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,944,881 times
Quote:
If the Constitution were being folllowed there wouldn't even be any Somalis in this country.

Where did the Federal government get the authority to admit them?

This may be the dumbest post ever made on this board and...well you know...there are a ton of really dumb posts made on this board.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
So you'll be writing to the current POTUS and tell him he needs to divorce his foreign-born wife, because she shouldn't be First Lady of the United States, correct?

FLOTUS is not an elected office, you do know that right?

You might want to brush up on your history. We've had foreign born senators, representatives, governors, mayors, and so on, ever since we formed as a nation. The two offices closed to those of non-native-birth are the POTUS and VP.
We shouldn't have had any of those things. If there is a reason to close the office of the Executives to foreigners then surely there is reason enough to close ALL OF THE OTHER JOBS IN GOVERNMENT as well.

America is for Americans. Not for foreigners. It is OUR government, it should be restricted to real citizens. Not people who just show up here and want to be part of it.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
This may be the dumbest post ever made on this board and...well you know...there are a ton of really dumb posts made on this board.
Whats truly dumb is your non-response. Instead of calling my post dumb, why don't you provide an answer? Put me in my place, by answering. That would make me look dumb, if you posted this "oh look it is so obvious - here is the authority right here" reply to me.

But...you can't.

So who's dumb now?

Old 09-20-2018, 03:34 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,287,618 times
My morbid curiosity wants to know what's there, as I'm sure there's new lows being set for both tolerance and sentient intelligence, but I'm just much happier with the ignore feature than I ever have been before.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
FLOTUS is not an elected office, you do know that right?
Re-read what you wrote. You also included 'unpaid volunteers', and if FLOTUS isn't the ultimate unpaid volunteer position in the U.S., I don't know what is.

Quote:
We shouldn't have had any of those things. If there is a reason to close the office of the Executives to foreigners then surely there is reason enough to close ALL OF THE OTHER JOBS IN GOVERNMENT as well.

America is for Americans. Not for foreigners. It is OUR government, it should be restricted to real citizens. Not people who just show up here and want to be part of it.
Awww.....guess we know who was sleeping in junior-high school history and missed the complete point of the United States.

But sadly for you.....nearly 250 years of history disagrees with you.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:41 PM

For anybody interested:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

Should provide some good jumping-off points for those who care to educate themselves.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:42 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,580,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
That makes sense. He can't give the oath on a Bible any more than a Christian can give the oath on the Koran. Otherwise, it would have no meaning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies