Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2018, 05:49 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
You should sign up. There's likely a reason your parents kept saying that to you. Clearly it retained, but didn't sink in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_law
I've already listened to her "Roots of Liberty" lecture on the origins of our Constitution. Did you really think I hadn't? I've also taken Hillsdale College's Constitution courses, Constitution 101, and Constitution 201, as well as some other Hillsdale College courses.

I couldn't care less what "Wikipedia" says about common law. They aren't infallible, and they are very liberal. They are just plain wrong. Wikipedia's primary benefactor is George Soros. He is also the primary benefactor of the Southern Poverty Law Center, so it's no surprise that Wiki cites SPLC in many of their articles, especially those that label Organizations like the Family Research Counsel, "hate groups."

Soros also funds The Center for American Progress, whose blog is "Think Progress."

Perhaps it's because you rely so heavily on Wikipedia that you are so uninformed?

Old 09-20-2018, 05:54 PM

1,261 posts, read 567,099 times
Why are Somalians even allowed to enter this nation ESPECIALLY holding public office?!

Old 09-20-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yes, if someone is Muslim then they would use the Koran.

How would you feel if you were Christian and someone made you swear on a Koran?

See how that works?
Christians are not even allowed to hold an office or to even pray in many Muslim countries

Old 09-20-2018, 05:58 PM

BTW why do many Somalians live and settles in Minnesota? They originally come from hot desert

Old 09-20-2018, 06:03 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
BTW why do many Somalians live and settles in Minnesota? They originally come from hot desert
They strategically put them where it's whitest and the most welfare for them.

Old 09-20-2018, 06:05 PM

2,362 posts, read 776,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Well, it's called "chain migration" - people come to where their families are. I don't think you need a lot of imagination to see why. What got the ball rolling were US lottery systems that relocated refugees to certain cities - Somalis got Minneapolis. I'm sure Somalis don't appreciate the weather in Minneapolis and move as soon as they're stable economically (and can move). I met a lot of Somalis in San Diego, so they're not just in Minneapolis.

As for Somalia being a hot desert, you forget that Somalia has the longest coastline in Africa. The city of Mogadishu was originally chosen by the Persians because it was considered to have nice weather (yes it's warm but breezy, kind of like Hawaii). Yes, once you get away from the coastline it becomes semi-arid to a desert.

I also want to say that Somalia's problems are not because it's Muslim but due to clan based attempts at controlling power. Basically, all attempts at forming a central government have been failing due to clans wanting dominance. In Somaliand, equally Muslim but less clan diversity, it's fairly peaceful.

Old 09-20-2018, 06:11 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
This may be the first time I've heard Diderot, Voltaire and Montesquieu called "Anglos", yet it's not even the dumbest post in this thread.
This may be the first time I've heard anyone characterize the Enlightenment as some kind of purely continental thing centered in France.

And that's not the dumbest post in this thread either.

Old 09-20-2018, 06:13 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Well, it's called "chain migration" - people come to where their families are. I don't think you need a lot of imagination to see why. What got the ball rolling were US lottery systems that relocated refugees to certain cities - Somalis got Minneapolis. I'm sure Somalis don't appreciate the weather in Minneapolis and move as soon as they're stable economically (and can move). I met a lot of Somalis in San Diego, so they're not just in Minneapolis.

As for Somalia being a hot desert, you forget that Somalia has the longest coastline in Africa. The city of Mogadishu was originally chosen by the Persians because it was considered to have nice weather (yes it's warm but breezy, kind of like Hawaii). Yes, once you get away from the coastline it becomes semi-arid to a desert.

I also want to say that Somalia's problems are not because it's Muslim but due to clan based attempts at controlling power. Basically, all attempts at forming a central government have been failing due to clans wanting dominance. In Somaliand, equally Muslim but less clan diversity, it's fairly peaceful.
Most of their problems are due to inbreeding and the stunted intellectual development and mental disorders that has caused. The inbreeding is due to their Muslim beliefs, and exacerbated by their tribal/clan social organization.
In the US Somalis have an autism rate that is 5x our national average. Why's that, you think?

Last edited by phantompilot; 09-20-2018 at 06:34 PM..

Old 09-20-2018, 06:26 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
This may be the first time I've heard anyone characterize the Enlightenment as some kind of purely continental thing centered in France.

And that's not the dumbest post in this thread either.
I know, the Enlightenment's roots are traced to 1680s England, and there was an American enlightement. But what the heck, the French aided the American/English patriots and then had their own revolution right after so they're honorary Anglos. The fact that other Western Europeans were quick to run with it and add to it just demonstrates their similarity/compatibility. The other poster took the term Anglo too narrowly.

Old 09-20-2018, 06:54 PM

31,006 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Most of their problems are due to inbreeding and the stunted intellectual development and mental disorders that has caused. The inbreeding is due to their Muslim beliefs, and exacerbated by their tribal/clan social organization.
In the US Somalis have an autism rate that is 5x our national average. Why's that, you think?
They're probably just nuts because almost 100% of the woman have gone through Female Genital Mutilation ie. Cutting the girls clitoris off at a very young age. Somalia has the highest rate in the world. Of course they stop this practice as soon as they set foot on our soil just like they stop supporting Al-Shabab when they get here.

These are some pretty backward people whose practices really aren't compatible with ours regardless of what their Democratic Benefactors say
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies