Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2018, 04:19 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odenwald View Post
In my experience, republican christians want to save your soul if you're a non-believer. Annoying, perhaps, but okay. Muslims will get angry at best and true believers of the teachings of the pedophile will want to straight kill you. Big difference.
Republicans think laws that force non-believers to conform and submit to the authority of the believers will save our souls? They aren't converting people. If anything, they are a huge reason for the decline in religious adherence in the US over the past 40 years.

Old 09-21-2018, 04:21 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
I guess it makes sense. What would be the point of swearing on the Bible if you don't believe in it?

As an atheist, when I was on jury duty, I refrained from the standard "oath."

Old 09-21-2018, 04:27 PM

225 posts, read 150,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Republicans think laws that force non-believers to conform and submit to the authority of the believers will save our souls? They aren't converting people. If anything, they are a huge reason for the decline in religious adherence in the US over the past 40 years.
Bro, seriously, I get what you're saying. But please come to Europe and start interacting with the muslims on a daily. Perhaps deal with them on the job and argue with them about math some. Or have them shout at you because they don't like the lifestyle you're living in your country. Or watch their crummy kebab-establishments displace traditional German places. Perhaps you would like to see them behaving as if they own the place, no? Turning entire inner cities into little Baghdad?

If you don't want that in the US, then keep anyone who adheres to that ideology out of the country. There simply is no other way! And trust me, every muslim hates nothing more than an American. They absolutely would love to come into the US and add the country to Allah's hit list!

Old 09-21-2018, 05:32 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
It's interesting that nobody seems to know (or care) that there is no such thing as an "oath" when a muslim takes that "oath" on the koran with non-muslims. Read the law of taqiyya and see if you can explain that one away. There is absolutely no point of expecting a muslim in this nation to feel bound by an oath. In a muslim country, yes. Here... no.

Old 09-21-2018, 05:34 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,465,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Then inserted themselves and their fake religion into many nations that weren't theirs.

Now they have their liberal allies helping them.

Hey now. Don't think I'm bashing Arabs. They're not the only ones who've done it. The Greeks and Romans did it too.

Old 09-21-2018, 05:52 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Hey now. Don't think I'm bashing Arabs. They're not the only ones who've done it. The Greeks and Romans did it too.
Yeah but sometimes it constitutes gentrification and in others damage and ruin.

Old 09-21-2018, 06:35 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,623 times
How ignorant are you if you applaud people coming into the country who would love to kill you, your family, and your dog.....I really don't get it.......

Old 09-21-2018, 06:40 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
How ignorant are you if you applaud people coming into the country who would love to kill you, your family, and your dog.....I really don't get it.......
Or malevolent .

Old 09-21-2018, 06:51 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Freedom of religion.
Either way, Bible, or Koran, doesn't this violate separation of church and state?
Nope. The use of a book to swear on is an optional tradition. The choice of the book is also optional.

The Bible may be the most commonly used, but prayer books from other religions have been used, a copy of Shakespeare was used once, and it's just nothing but a sign of a solemn promise. None of them have violated the Constitution.

As long as a book has a dignified cover that fits the occasion, any book that indicates personal importance could be used. A family picture book could be used just as easily as an old family Bible.

This isn't even the first time the Koran was used.

At least one Congressman has used a Koran before, and since the book used isn't recorded into any official history, for all we know Thomas Jefferson, who read the Koran, may have used it. Many of our Presidents have owned copies of the Koran.

And many times, no book at all was ever used. Everything in the ceremony is optional except taking the oath. The oath is also tradition, but it's so old it has become a requirement.

Old 09-21-2018, 06:52 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post

Why not
Me thinks your prejudice is showing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies