Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 02:00 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,206,014 times

Advertisements

The video makes the case. He contemporaneously made direct threats of GBI/death, and he was certainly capable of carrying them out. did you hear the audio. You should listen to it. Transcribe it. He says he will take the gun, and shoot them with it. Well, if someone told you that's their intention, a reasonable person would act to prevent that. By saying "come any closer, I shoot you then."

Stuff like that (thats not a direct quote...im just giving you the setting since you said I didn't make the case)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2018, 02:04 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,941,315 times
More information:

The guy in orange was disposing of a mattress in an alleyway behind his property.
That was nowhere near the Bubbas.

The Bubbas kept dragging it back on his property repeatedly.
They were trespassing on his property.

The Bubbas showed up with guns to kill him.

I think they were all wrong. But, I think the guy in the orange was on his property and he was defending himself with a bat. the other two had no business bringing guns onto his property. They were there to kill.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:07 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,941,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
The video makes the case. He contemporaneously made direct threats of GBI/death, and he was certainly capable of carrying them out. did you hear the audio. You should listen to it. Transcribe it. He says he will take the gun, and shoot them with it. Well, if someone told you that's their intention, a reasonable person would act to prevent that. By saying "come any closer, I shoot you then."

Stuff like that (thats not a direct quote...im just giving you the setting since you said I didn't make the case)
There would be no gun to take if you did not show up on my property with them.
He would actually be in the right to shoot them since they are on his property and he feared for his safety.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:30 PM

265 posts, read 257,282 times
Initially three idiots, now two, net gain for society. Discuss this all you want. There's no way the prosecution will get 12 people to find the neanderthals guilty beyond a reasonable doubt of murder or manslaughter. Proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt will be to high a hurdle to overcome.

Last edited by rbwpi; 09-23-2018 at 03:38 PM..

Old 09-23-2018, 02:35 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,214,458 times
It’s not about the video it’s not about the dna
It’s about how good your lawyer is
Anything and I do mean anything can happen in a court of law

Old 09-23-2018, 03:30 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,437,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbwpi View Post
Initially three idiots, now two, net gain for society. Discuss this all you want. There's no way the prosecution will get 12 people to find the neanderthals guilty beyond a reasonable doubt of murder or manslaughter. Proving beyond a reasonable doubt will be to high a hurdle to overcome.
Exactly. Those two, as weird as they are, will waddle away free and clear. Everyone sees things differently. Thankfully I won't be in the jury selection for this one. What a nightmare those deliberations will be.

Old 09-23-2018, 03:35 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,214,458 times
The scary part is with the new 25 year penalty for using a gun a home owner could find himself facing a long jail term while defending against a home invasion it all depends on how good your lawyer is

Old 09-23-2018, 03:39 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,249,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post

Credible threat.

You're standing gun in hand in front of a guy who says that. Either you shoot him immediately, because you believe the threat, or don't because you don't think it's immediately credible.

They did not, I presume because neither took the threat seriously. If they had, then hey, fair play, but they hung around being jerks for minutes afterwards, and throwing equally serious threats that had more immediate credibility.

Here's why I have such a problem with this. This kind of situation is EXACTLY like gun control supporters cried was going to happen with the Castle Doctrine. You've got a guy who, on social media spazzed out about stuff, said he was diagnosed with IED seemingly some form of extreme anger management disorder. It doesn't take a 90 IQ to figure the guys got issues and shouldn't be poked at. But here's dumb and dumber, proof the gene pool needs a little chlorine now and then, poking at the guy while openly handling weapons with absolutely no reason to be doing what they were. We have police and even though I hate the police 99.999% of the time, you follow process and let them do their job.

Old 09-23-2018, 03:41 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,206,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
More information:

The guy in orange was disposing of a mattress in an alleyway behind his property.
That was nowhere near the Bubbas.

The Bubbas kept dragging it back on his property repeatedly.
They were trespassing on his property.

The Bubbas showed up with guns to kill him.

I think they were all wrong. But, I think the guy in the orange was on his property and he was defending himself with a bat. the other two had no business bringing guns onto his property. They were there to kill.
Actually I think the area where the dumpster is, is an alley...so its either common property or public property, and doesn't belong to either of the parties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
There would be no gun to take if you did not show up on my property with them.
He would actually be in the right to shoot them since they are on his property and he feared for his safety.
In the video, they are not on his property...but in an alleyway. If he feared for his safety then why would he threaten to assault them, take their weapon, and kill them with it? Obviously he didn't have any fear of them at all - which is likely the reason that THEY were fearful for their lives...who knows what someone crazy enough to threaten to assault two armed persons might be capable of? Plus being a huge dude easily capable of physically overpowering either of them?

If these guys had been cops, I am confident the DA would not have charged them. At worst they'd get a paid vacation. We have to hold everyone to the same standards of leniency...so whatever the most lenient treatment is, that's what everyone should be getting. Or, whatever the harshest treatment is what everyone should be getting.

Based on everything I have ever seen regarding shootings on video...and I have watched MANY, I'd have to unequivocally say this is "not guilty".

Old 09-23-2018, 04:00 PM

1,087 posts, read 777,657 times
The shooters were not in fear of own lives, why use deadly force? This is exactly why anti-gun advocates want to take guns away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies