Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 03:03 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
As usual with you and firearms, you are wrong. A responsible firearms owner would have done everything they possibly could to de escalate the situation. When that doesn't work, and if they feel their life is in danger, and there is no other recourse, then the use of deadly force would be used. I understand logic escapes you when it comes to firearms, but at least give it a try.

LOL. This is like my nephew before I gave him the Nintendo Switch for his birthday, "I will always pay attention in class, finish my all homework, study for the exams, and will never ever play video games until all my homework and studies are done!"

And what happens as soon as he got the game console? You guess it, play the games first and do the homework only after getting yelled at and with threats of taking the game console away.

A lesson in Fantasy vs. Reality.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 03:04 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,712,713 times
All parties were idiots. Now we have one dead idiot, and two idiots who will end up in prison.

Here are the problems I see:

1. Simpleton Sr. and Simpleton Jr. could have easily gone inside, but they just couldn't lose the argument, so they stayed. They weren't on their own property, so they had no right to defend something that wasn't theirs.

2. Orange shirt Bubba continued to argue with and threaten the lives of two people who were wielding weapons. He could have easily walked away and called the police saying that two men pulled a weapon on him. Instead, he became more and more irate, and pulled a bat/BB gun on two men who were already holding firearms.

3. Orange shirt Bubba's wife was standing alongside him, likely encouraging his macho behavior instead of telling him to calm down and calling the police. Then she goes into full blown hysteria when Bubba is shot and killed, somewhat due to her lack of response.

Lastly, these idiots do not represent all gun owners, just like "I'd like to speak to the manager" moms don't represent all white people, and Juarez Cartel members don't represent all Hispanics. It's not good to generalize.

Old 09-20-2018, 04:56 PM

1,487 posts, read 782,363 times
Watched the uncut video. Everyone was at fault. The victim's escalation did contribute to his death. Constantly approaching the two men with death threats was complicit in his unfortunate and untimely demise.
The father shot first. The son did not need to fire also. I believe they should have separate charges. Which gunfire killed the victim? Could he have possibly survived the first gunshot? I believe this angle should be studied when deciding appropriate charges.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:30 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,695,641 times
Each state has a definition of allowable homicide. The facts of the case would have to be reviewed in light of the location.

Old 09-20-2018, 06:52 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,835 times
At 2:12 in the second video you can see orange shirt man throw a bat and hit the old man with it. In any case I see Darwin Award going out here.

Old 09-20-2018, 06:59 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Not self defense The dead man's wife was filming and was between the shooter and the victim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF2ROKpLYiY

Old 09-20-2018, 07:03 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
At 2:12 in the second video you can see orange shirt man throw a bat and hit the old man with it. In any case I see Darwin Award going out here.
Bat was thrown after the first shot & after the victim was hit. Son then finished him off.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:07 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Not self-defense.

Lots of bluster but no real threat. We entered with the guy holding his pistol, that's the first incident, son/Other Guy has a shotgun, PGO and sawn off, that's an NFA item or illegal possession (and that automatically voids SD claims, SD is only a possible claim when you're not violating a law). Seemingly it's a public easement so not on the guys property, and you shoot to stop a threat and there was zero threat after the first shot, the guy wasn't even armed (that I saw).

I'd reckon 2nd degree murder is the likely outcome, especially for Bubba with the PGO, probably the older guy too.
That's not a NFA weapon. And it is legal to own.
It's by ATF standards a firearm.
Not a sawed off shotgun.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:15 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
More senseless white on white gun violence.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:42 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
In the unedited video, the father warned the orange shirt guy that he will kill him if he gets within 3 feet of him. Is there a 3 feet law in the state of Texas?
Sounds like a threat then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies