Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 07:54 PM

8,581 posts, read 11,003,462 times

Advertisements

With the latest case of sexual harassment against the nominee for the supreme court, and another case here in California with the same charges, I think the law needs to be changed immediately as to when a claim can be filed.
In each and every case reported for the past 10 years, everyone of these cases was brought to light many years after it supposedly happened.
I say, if someone is the victim of sexual mis-conduct, the complainant should have only thirty days to file the report, and complaint.
This action keeps the facts fresh, so that one does not have to rely on memory.
Thirty days to file, or it didn't happen.

Bob.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:00 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,454,601 times
Normal statute of limitations as per other crimes are sufficient.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,696,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
With the latest case of sexual harassment against the nominee for the supreme court, and another case here in California with the same charges, I think the law needs to be changed immediately as to when a claim can be filed.
In each and every case reported for the past 10 years, everyone of these cases was brought to light many years after it supposedly happened.
I say, if someone is the victim of sexual mis-conduct, the complainant should have only thirty days to file the report, and complaint.

Bob.

It already exists.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:09 PM

42,864 posts, read 26,345,411 times
Quote:

Bob.
BS I was sexually assaulted when I was 12, the attacker - a 19 year old friend of my brother threatened to kill me if I told, but even if he hadn't threatened me I wouldn't have told because somehow I felt dirty and guilty, like I must have done something to contribute to it and that I would be punished if I told anyone. I was 65 before I talked about it to anyone.

And there already are statutes of limitation for both criminal and civil charges to be brought in sexual assault cases, and I hardly think your '30 day rule' will ever be taken seriously by anyone except maybe Bill Cosby and Brett Kavanaugh.
https://www.legalmatch.com/law-libra...ual-abuse.html

Old 09-21-2018, 08:15 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,543,516 times
Interesting that a dude thinks he can decide when a woman or small child can come forward with rape or harassment allegations. This is actually the truest statement on this whole mess that I can think of.

SMH

Old 09-21-2018, 08:17 PM

11,284 posts, read 11,053,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I hardly think your '30 day rule' will ever be taken seriously by anyone except maybe Bill Cosby and Brett Kavanaugh.
That was a low blow. How about 30 years? Is that enough time? Why will this "victim" not cooperate with those who are looking to get her testimony and sort this all out? This is nothing more than a political delay tactic, and it shows just how low the liberal establishment will go to get their way. They really need to learn how to lose gracefully.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:17 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,051,904 times
Quote:

Bob.
But with rules like that how will democrats derail Supreme Court justice appointment hearings with fake, 35 year old allegations?

Old 09-21-2018, 08:19 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,051,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Interesting that a dude thinks he can decide when a woman or small child can come forward with rape or harassment allegations. This is actually the truest statement on this whole mess that I can think of.

SMH
No, what's interesting is that the OP never once mentioned gender and you took it upon yourself to make it sound like women and children are always the victims and "dudes" are always guilty.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,885,040 times
you people do realize that the "victim" in the kavanaugh case didnt remember any such contact until she was in therapy, and out came this repressed memory. and for your information, repressed memories are suspect to begin with, and have been since the early 90s, after fathers had their lives ruined by such repressed memories, some even went to jail.

sorry but this issue smells to high heaven.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:24 PM

32,118 posts, read 15,107,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
No, what's interesting is that the OP never once mentioned gender and you took it upon yourself to make it sound like women and children are always the victims and "dudes" are always guilty.
Joe was referring to the OP's post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies