Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 12:44 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I didn't feel "comfortable" being anally penetrated, but I still knew it had to be reported.
Uncomfortable or not, these events SHOULD BE REPORTED AT THE TIME THEY HAPPEN.
Waiting years to say something is just plain stupid.
I really think most rape cases(not all) happen between two people who, for whatever reason, went beyond the bounds of decency, to the point things turned violent.
Sure, some get raped as a result of an attack, and these cases in particular should be reported immediately.
Many women state they were afraid of the accused, and feared for their life, while others state they felt dirty, and so violated, they couldn't tell anyone.

Well let me say one thing here.
I was violated, and bleeding from my ass, on the walk back to my home.
The pain was bad, but still, I was not going to let the bastard get away with it.
I was not only hurt, but extremely mad, and told my parents immediately upon entering the house.
While my mother cleaned me up, my dad called the police.

Let's for the sake of argument, say I didn't report this rape, until ten, twenty years later.
Who in the hell would believe me?
This is where this Ford lady is presently.
As far as I am concerned, if she didn't report it to someone right away, it didn't happen.

In the case of this Ford lady, I believe she is being paid by some democrat to get the nominee bounced of the nomination, and nothing more.
If that were not the case, then if she wanted to go public with this, why didn't she notify the police?
How convenient she notified one of the leading democrats in congress of the event.
What was her motive in doing that?
How many rape victims have notified congress about being raped?
My guess would be,,NONE.
Victims need to report these assaults, not hide behind them for years, especially if they are to be believed.

Bob.
In regards to Ford, it is beyond just not reporting, she never, ever mentioned it to a single person ever, with the only proof of first mentioning being in 2012, but ok, will give some credit to her claim she mentioned it to her husband before. Not a single friend, diary, nothing, zero, zip of any mention. Additionally, she did not even name anyone at all, until this year.

Old 09-22-2018, 01:06 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
I didn't feel "comfortable" being anally penetrated, but I still knew it had to be reported.
Uncomfortable or not, these events SHOULD BE REPORTED AT THE TIME THEY HAPPEN.
Waiting years to say something is just plain stupid.
I really think most rape cases(not all) happen between two people who, for whatever reason, went beyond the bounds of decency, to the point things turned violent.
Sure, some get raped as a result of an attack, and these cases in particular should be reported immediately.
Many women state they were afraid of the accused, and feared for their life, while others state they felt dirty, and so violated, they couldn't tell anyone.

Well let me say one thing here.
I was violated, and bleeding from my ass, on the walk back to my home.
The pain was bad, but still, I was not going to let the bastard get away with it.
I was not only hurt, but extremely mad, and told my parents immediately upon entering the house.
While my mother cleaned me up, my dad called the police.

Let's for the sake of argument, say I didn't report this rape, until ten, twenty years later.
Who in the hell would believe me?
This is where this Ford lady is presently.
As far as I am concerned, if she didn't report it to someone right away, it didn't happen.

In the case of this Ford lady, I believe she is being paid by some democrat to get the nominee bounced of the nomination, and nothing more.
If that were not the case, then if she wanted to go public with this, why didn't she notify the police?
How convenient she notified one of the leading democrats in congress of the event.
My guess would be,,NONE.
Victims need to report these assaults, not hide behind them for years, especially if they are to be believed.

Bob.
Probably more people than you think.

It's terrible that happened to you. I'm glad you had the strength to come forward immediately, and support from your family when you did. That is not true for everyone.

Old 09-22-2018, 01:08 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
You appear to have a clear, black and white sense of right and wrong and an internal strength which allowed you to respond accordingly when faced with such trauma. And parents who supported you and did the right thing. You were lucky in those things. Still a long, painful journey.

Does that binary sense of right and wrong allow you to see/believe that everyone comes with different ways and layers of processing and coping with trauma (of any kind)? Some are strong and some very much not. Some are fight and some are flight. And victims have different kinds of support systems. Some good, some bad, some ugly, some non-existent. Assault is wrong. But, in some families, the bringer of bad news IS the bad news, no matter how it occurred. The victim, if they do speak up, are very often re-victimized. (This forum is a sort of microcosm of that.) Just as you can likely lift more physical weight than most women, there are variances in mental/emotional weight that people can heft. Sexual assault has a culture of shame and guilt around it, though the victim did nothing to warrant it.

More women are likely assaulted, per statistics, but someone referred to the men assaulted by so many Catholic priests. Many grew to be prominent in their professional lives while bearing that burden in their personal and internal lives. And there are many others, as well, like yourself. Until the assaulter is always seen as the wrongdoer and not the victim, whenever she or he develops the wherewithal to come forward (sometimes triggered by some life event), there will be victims afraid to do so when it rises to the surface of their consciousness.

I, by good fortune, haven't experienced such sexual assault, but I worked over 30 years with many people who did. As a young professional, I knew little about it and it wasn't really addressed during that time since it was very seldom the presenting problem. Usually depression or a breakdown in functioning in the person's life. Personality disorders and, sometimes, mild psychosis. I discovered so many people, over time, would divulge earlier sexual assaults. Anywhere from recent to decades (when it was even more chancy getting a reasoned response). A wide range of ages. Different assailants, from stranger to acquaintance to close family. I just began asking everyone routinely. Some people had never told anyone, including most of the men who admitted to being assaulted. To a person, an awful weight to carry and still terrifying to unravel and reveal, for very understandable reasons. Some had told and bore the weight of "destroying the family" or an assaulter's opportunities in life without having their own pain affirmed or acknowledged. No promise of any worthwhile outcome for those who choose to step forward. It isn't a victimless crime. The victim always suffers in some real way.

How would I have responded as a teen. I don't know and am glad I didn't have to find out. As a high-schooler, I sat with a group of about 15 friends most days. Only years later, did I discover that six of them had been molested by family or otherwise sexually assaulted. I've also had co-workers and friends who, over time, were able to speak about it.

Should there be an investigation when, long after the fact, an accusation is brought forward? Yes, absolutely. Does it excuse the assaulter, whatever station he achieves in life, if the identified victim either fears coming forward or, as often, is traumatically unable to access/process the memory, until it later begins to peel away like the layers of an onion or come together like the pieces of a puzzle. No. You can't unwring a bell or uncommit a crime. And, most assailants, unlike a drunken, partying, "boys will be boys" teen, make sure there are no witnesses. This is not an uncommon story in high schools. Sometimes they get away with it. Sometimes not.
I wish I could give more than one rep point to this post.

Old 09-22-2018, 01:46 AM

1,071 posts, read 1,288,563 times
Quote:

You can believe whatever you want.
  • How many sexual assault victims have an assailant who is being nominated to be a Supreme Court justice?
  • If it were me, would I want a man who as a teen, drunkenly or not, showed no care or concern for dragging me into a darkened room, throwing me on a bed, pinning me down and covering my mouth so I couldn't scream to be elevated to such a vaulted position where he may bring the same kind of values he showed her? No. Nobody has the right to traumatize a young girl in such a way that she fears for her safety and her life. And only felt she was able to escape because his friend jumped on top of them after egging him on. (She was only 15 and didn't ask for that.)

Quote:
My guess would be,,NONE.
  • What do you think would have happened if she had reported it to the local police? They would have found every reason to delay or not touch that political hot potato with a ten foot pole.
  • What do you think her "motive" was in contacting her congresswoman? Put on your thinking cap. She went to someone who is used to political hot potatoes of different kinds and was in a high enough profile position and in an arena to, perhaps, get the necessary attention to get something done.
  • Are you listening to yourself? She wasn't reportedly raped, but was assaulted and escaped before a rape could occur. How many people have been assaulted by a prospective Supreme Court justice likely to be confirmed? I would be in high dudgeon if some grunting, smug assailant were about to be vaulted to such a position. Not something that happens every day. Right?
  • What is this panicked, artificial sense of urgency that would prevent there being an FBI investigation? Does the name Merrick Garland ring a bell? If not, wanna know why?

You show remarkably little empathy or concern for someone who may have escaped a potentially similar circumstance to the one you toughly endured. Who obviously didn't have your same wherewithal and perhaps not the same support you got at home. So she isn't deserving of consideration for having different internal resources and coping mechanisms? You, a guy, were fight. She, a girl, was flight. Do you have a daughter?

Last edited by mollyblythe; 09-22-2018 at 01:56 AM..

Old 09-22-2018, 01:58 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,396,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

Judging the past by todays hyper sensitive standards isn't a good thing. What a 16 year old boy did (and didn't do) doesn't matter 36 year later either. None of us would be employable if we held to this ourselves and don't even try to say otherwise. This is literally mass hysteria, Satanic Panic style.
Nobody is getting fired for something they did 36 years ago. The issue at hand is if someone will get appointed to the Supreme Court for life.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:04 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
That was a low blow. How about 30 years? Is that enough time? Why will this "victim" not cooperate with those who are looking to get her testimony and sort this all out? This is nothing more than a political delay tactic, and it shows just how low the liberal establishment will go to get their way. They really need to learn how to lose gracefully.
The "Liberal Establishment" or whatever it might be called, is fighting for the life of this country and everyone in it. If it loses, an ultra-right dictatorship will swallow us and that includes you, although I guess you think you'd be exempt from any personal damages. But once the beast is in power, it will turn on everyone and goodbye, America.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:17 AM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Sexual assault murders a woman's soul.

There is no statute of limitations on murder.
We 'll use that one.

Sorry. Think twice.
Are you saying that it doesn't "murder a man's soul" when he is sexually assaulted?

Old 09-22-2018, 02:19 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Nobody is getting fired for something they did 36 years ago. The issue at hand is if someone will get appointed to the Supreme Court for life.
Yes and why not? I'm sure he's got the skills and would have matured a bit since then don't you? And apparently this would be sexual assaulter or fairly typical teen boy/girl party behavior didn't even look at anyone cross-eyed after that fateful night. Don't you find that weird if he's deep down a life long wannabe rapist or something?

I'm MUCH MORE FOCUSED on the political ramifications of Trump getting multiple SCOUTS pics while the Democrats fight (dirty) for their lives in this time of turmoil. That's actually the real story here, and I guarantee nobody involved actually cares about this charge no matter what they say. This isn't about women, or sex, or predators, or anything else.

Old 09-22-2018, 03:11 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I'm sure liberals are already concocting the next set of plans for whoever Trump nominates as a replacement. Trump could nominate Obama and you would fight the nomination just because Trump made the pick. You are a sad bunch for sure.
Trump wouldn't pick Obama since he is completely jealous of him.

Old 09-22-2018, 03:27 AM

1,071 posts, read 1,288,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm not sure if she's lying or remembering wrong or is a political tool. Nobody does. But right now, at this moment, I don't care one bit if he did everything she said he did. What she was thinking ("I thought he was going to rape me! I thought he might kill me!") don't count anyway because what she thought in her drunken state at age 15 after laying on a bed with a boy would have no bearing on what actually happened. And what actually happened, according to her, is not a hill of beans. I think I've had scarier interactions with just as much touching on public transportation.

Judging the past by todays hyper sensitive standards isn't a good thing. What a 16 year old boy did (and didn't do) doesn't matter 36 year later either. None of us would be employable if we held to this ourselves and don't even try to say otherwise. This is literally mass hysteria, Satanic Panic style.
So let's see, you're not sure if she is:
  1. Lying
  2. Remembering wrong
  3. A political tool.
  4. How about: None of the above.
  5. How about: A scared 15 year-old girl DRAGGED into a darkened room and PINNED to a bed (not laying with). And escaping only when his friend jumped on them.

Her drunken state? Just how drunk was SHE? Do tell. He and his buddy Mark were the documented party animals per his friend's book. She was said by classmates to be a nice girl who reportedly drank one beer. You , of course, would believe different. Got anything credible to substantiate that belief?

That which you say "is not a hill of beans", is a crime in a court of law, if not in the court of Ceece.
As unbelievably dismissive as you are of what she said happened to her, I just bet you'd be wailing an entirely different tune if that happened to you at fifteen or if you were overpowered NOW.

What standard? Most of us weren't attempted rapists as teens.

Mass hysteria? Is that what you call wanting to establish someone's character before vaulting him to a LIFETIME Supreme Court judgeship? Seems the "Satanic panic" you refer to is trying to jam Kavanaugh through. What's the rush? An FBI investigation would be a brief delay to prove whether there is something there or not and to clear his name or not. But, of course, character is seen as a weakness in this administration where crooked, conniving, charlatan and criminal is cool and the pall that hangs over our land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies