Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 12:06 AM

271 posts, read 139,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Okay, first off, please understand, I am not asking you if you like Donald Trump. I am not asking you if you agree with his policies. I am also not asking if you think he has been a good president, or if you would vote for him again. I am simply asking, when all is said and done, do you actually trust him in your heart? Do you look at and listen to this man and truly believe in him and trust him as a person. I only ask this question because I personally do not. In fact, I can honestly say I do not trust and have never trusted any politician who has served as a representative of the people in our government. I guess this probably comes from a personal belief that most people who rise to these positions of power have done some pretty shady things to get where they are. Of course, this may not be true at all. Maybe I just have trust issues. But either way, I was just curious enough that I thought I'd ask the rest of you this question and see what some of my fellow users on CD had to say. Of course, Democrats are welcome to join in the conversation too, but I'm primarily speaking to the Republicans on the site. So please, ask yourselves this question and let me know how you feel.

Very hard question to answer as I feel as most others do in that I dont trust any politicians.

I'd also add that I trust bureaucrats even less than politicians.

I voted for him. I want to Trust him... and I initially did trust him. But at this point I really dont.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2018, 12:20 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Okay, first off, please understand, I am not asking you if you like Donald Trump. I am not asking you if you agree with his policies. I am also not asking if you think he has been a good president, or if you would vote for him again. I am simply asking, when all is said and done, do you actually trust him in your heart? Do you look at and listen to this man and truly believe in him and trust him as a person. I only ask this question because I personally do not. In fact, I can honestly say I do not trust and have never trusted any politician who has served as a representative of the people in our government. I guess this probably comes from a personal belief that most people who rise to these positions of power have done some pretty shady things to get where they are. Of course, this may not be true at all. Maybe I just have trust issues. But either way, I was just curious enough that I thought I'd ask the rest of you this question and see what some of my fellow users on CD had to say. Of course, Democrats are welcome to join in the conversation too, but I'm primarily speaking to the Republicans on the site. So please, ask yourselves this question and let me know how you feel.
do I trust any politician, right or left.... nope

but I do trust him more than I do of hitlery

Old 09-23-2018, 12:27 AM

10,529 posts, read 6,163,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
1000 X's when compared to Narcissistic Obama.

5000 x's when compared to crooked Hillary.
And yet Trump is the epitome of crookedness AND narcissism all rolled into one.

Old 09-23-2018, 12:58 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,281,755 times
To the OP, your thought that most politicians have done shady things to get where they are is, I believe, very accurate. You simple cannot reach the levels of high government leadership without getting your hands dirty. This holds true for any country. I believe the very traits that enable these people to succeed on such a high level also lend themselves to having a dark side.

Let’s face it. Think of the kindest, most gentle, most selfless and humble person you know. Now, objectively, do you think this person could survive in the political world?

I worked on the Rick Lazio campaign when he ran for Senate against Hillary. I came to admire and like him very much. I found him to be as clean and decent as any politician could hope to be.

Hillary ate him up and spit him out.

Some months after the election, he told me that he felt he was always a much better public servant than he was a campaigner.
He disliked campaigning, and never had the killer instinct that came so naturally to Clinton. In politics, nice guys often do finish last.

Oh, I do indeed trust President Trump. He may not always make the right decision, but I trust he has the best interests of the country at heart.

Old 09-23-2018, 01:02 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
i dont trust any politician really, most of them are scum of the earth and lower life forms than used car salesmen, but just above child molesters.

that said, at this point i trust trump more than i do any democrat one could name.

Old 09-23-2018, 01:18 AM

271 posts, read 139,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
To the OP, your thought that most politicians have done shady things to get where they are is, I believe, very accurate. You simple cannot reach the levels of high government leadership without getting your hands dirty. This holds true for any country. I believe the very traits that enable these people to succeed on such a high level also lend themselves to having a dark side.

Let’s face it. Think of the kindest, most gentle, most selfless and humble person you know. Now, objectively, do you think this person could survive in the political world?

I worked on the Rick Lazio campaign when he ran for Senate against Hillary. I came to admire and like him very much. I found him to be as clean and decent as any politician could hope to be.

Hillary ate him up and spit him out.

Some months after the election, he told me that he felt he was always a much better public servant than he was a campaigner.
He disliked campaigning, and never had the killer instinct that came so naturally to Clinton. In politics, nice guys often do finish last.

Oh, I do indeed trust President Trump. He may not always make the right decision, but I trust he has the best interests of the country at heart.
Joe :

That was very enlightning and well articulated by you

Old 09-23-2018, 02:01 AM

31,035 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I trust DT more than any other President we've had but that's admittedly a very low bar.
The bar has been set low but then again, Jimmy Carter, probably the most honest president in my life, was not a good president.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:08 AM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
You're aptly describing a corollary of the phrase "Behind every great fortune there is a crime".

(or in Donald J. Trump's case, a twofer)

Old 09-23-2018, 02:35 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosilly View Post
President Trump is rich so he doesn't need to be crooked, he works "for free as in donates his salary to charity", he sleeps between 4 and 5 hours a day and his staff has a hard time keeping up with him. He thanks America and Americans for the chance to be President.

You may not like the way he goes about things but he is all business.......it's just the way he is.

Does he makes mistakes? sure, who doesn't? "You don't need to like him.......he doesn't care".

The funny thing is, just because the last guy was supposed to be a great speaker (he was not), misguided people thought he was a good at the job of President.....(he was not). He was in over his head from the first day to the last.

The fact that President Trump doesn't care if he is liked makes me like him more. It drives left crazier than usual.

By the way...........I'm in the middle. Not right or left but simply an observer.
Mine is not among the opinions requested, so I will say only this: at what point did wealth become an indicator of non-crookedness?

Old 09-23-2018, 04:28 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The ill-planned trade war that will cost American consumers more?

The permanent corporate tax-cuts while the people get thrown the cheap bone of a temporary one?

The far better than the ACA plan he promised time after time after time that like so much of his talk has turned out to be pure BS?

China enjoys a four to one trade surplus with the US.

Why is that acceptable?

The average European corporate tax rate is 18.2%.

How much higher than that should our corporate tax rate be?

My employer (a foreign owned company) pays for my health insurance as a condition of my employment.

Why should working Americans use their own tax dollars to relieve this international corporation of an ordinary business expense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies