Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 04:04 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What a farce this "MeToo" movement has become.
The mask was pulled off it quickly, as it devastated the Democrat political machine.

Now you have paid demonstrators, in the halls of congress over clear false allegations from decades ago, yet they turn a blind eye when questioned about Cory Booker and Keith Ellison, with actual proof.
MeToo is astroturf, meant to go after Republicans. It has netted Democrats.

Indeed.

They are so mind controlled by the MSM, they forgot they sold themselves to a political party that's headed by the none other than accused rapist Bill Clinton. Only President ever impeached for lying about sexually abusing a young White House intern.

And it goes downhill from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2018, 05:41 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Indeed.

They are so mind controlled by the MSM, they forgot they sold themselves to a political party that's headed by the none other than accused rapist Bill Clinton. Only President ever impeached for lying about sexually abusing a young White House intern.

No evidence of abuse in the matter. Strictly consensual sex. And he was guilty of lying under oath for which he should have been and was punished.

And there is no evidence he ever raped anybody. Standard right wing myth. And there is not even a trace of evidence that Hillary was anything other than appalled by his behavior.

We have a long history of President's who were womanizers. Seems to go with the job. Only recent ones free of it appear to be Obama and Carter.
And it may simply be too soon for it to have come out about Obama.

Old 09-23-2018, 06:02 PM

21,928 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
But surely not every single man with whom you might go alone to an isolated place would automatically attempt to rape you. Even if you were drunk. Do you not know any gentlemen, who instead would have helped you and seen you safely home?

There have been many times when a member of the opposite sex and I went for woodland walks, for example. A picnic with wine or beer might have been included. Either of us might have felt a few effects as a result.

No rape occurred. Not even a consideration. No one felt vulnerable or threatened by anyone else - neither I nor my companion. Nor did either of us view it as an opportunity to jump each others' bones, consensually or not. Yet we were alone, deep in the woods, far from the city and even far from paved roads or other people...and would have to walk out to one car, with no other vehicle around.

This would be true for most men of my acquaintance, who also would be respectful of their female friends, spouses, family members, girlfriends and companions in such a circumstance. Those who would not be respectful would find themselves condemned socially and ostracized.

If it came to rape, well, they would be beyond the pale and would be turned over to the authorities. I think the same is likely true in most social circles of people of any degree of intelligence and kindness, who value justice and civility. Victims - survivors, actually - would be comforted and cherished and assured of their worth, and urged to seek justice.

Actually, something like this DID happen to a woman in my circle several years ago - she was out running on a residential street when she was grabbed and assaulted. Was she therefore to blame for what happened to her?? After all, she was alone...much smaller than her assailant...wearing running shorts and a tank top, not exactly a burkha. Should she be condemned for her "bad judgment" for wearing scanty clothing and running alone before it was fully daylight?

She wasn't, at least not by her caring friends, who came to her side and continued to be warm and supportive friends afterwards. Thankfully. Had they not continued to be her friends, they would not have continued to be my own friends, either.

What you have posted is both condemnatory of all men as well as of yourself, as you seem to hold yourself, and presumably any other woman in the same situation, responsible for being raped because of bad judgment. By the same token, you are letting the rapist off the hook entirely, since his victim had such "bad judgment".

Do you not see how unjust both of these viewpoints are?? Not every man is a rapist - thankfully - and no woman who is raped deserves to be blamed because of her supposedly "bad judgement". The responsibility in all cases is entirely that of the rapist, no one else.

NONE of those are valid excuses or accusations.
I am not blaming women for being raped. I am not going to go on the defense with this. There's stupid and then there's stupid. I used to come home very late at night back in the time I was in my 20's I would sometimes see women out at 3 am alone. Is it their fault if they get raped? No. Was it a good idea to put themselves in that area at 3 am alone? Same reason I don't go to the South side of Chicago. So I don't get shot.

Old 09-23-2018, 06:27 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
Well this tread was blown up. Seems more women coming out with issues about Kavanagh. Plus Aveneti (Stormy lawyer) has come out saying he has some clients who also had problems.

Time for Kavanagh to walk away.

Old 09-23-2018, 06:54 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,832 times
Basically the lesson is, if you want some guaranteed booty go for a republican chick. She won't scream even if she don't want it.

Old 09-23-2018, 07:59 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post

Mentalities change with the passing of generations and new mentalities form with the next generation. The Me Too Movement is not a partisan issue. It's a new mentality.

Old 09-23-2018, 08:19 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Indeed.

You are way out of touch. Wherever you get your information from is faulty.

Bill Clinton does not 'head up', lead or control the Democratic Party. The fact that you would even make such a claim should embarrass you.

Old 09-23-2018, 08:20 PM

MeeToo movement created to go after Conservatives: Backfired BIGTIME

This thread has backfired ... bigly

Old 09-23-2018, 08:26 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
You are way out of touch. Wherever you get your information from is faulty.

Bill Clinton does not 'head up', lead or control the Democratic Party. The fact that you would even make such a claim should embarrass you.
That post wasn't faulty information, it was alternative facts.

I wonder if WK's real name is Kellyanne.

Old 09-23-2018, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
That post wasn't faulty information, it was alternative facts.

I wonder if WK's real name is Kellyanne.
'Alternative facts' in politics is analogous to 'creative accounting' in business.

They are both fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies