Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 09:49 AM

417 posts, read 190,823 times

Advertisements

[quote=Brave New World;53192701]Courts Cases are based on actual evidence on not merely hearsay and they must be proved beyond reasonable doubt, which is pver 99% which is the minimum treshold in relation to certainty of any criminal court case.

Sadly a lot of UK rape cases are being reviewed due to the prosecution witholding evidence and in certain cases the evidence even supported the accused innocence.

Brady vs Maryland. Prosecutors are obligated to turn over evidence that could exonerate,
it violates due process. If the prosecution does withhold evidnce, the case may be dismissed. Prosecutors can be jailed.

But the defense does not need to give up anything. At the same time, they cannot advise destroying evidence. They can loose their license to practice law if doing either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 10:06 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I think time better spent, would be shaming the culture of girls promiscuity, stemming from the unintended consequences, that have come from the Women's Sexual Liberation Movement.
Why? A promiscuous woman isn't violating anybody else's autonomy or rights.

Rapists are the ones violating other's autonomy and natural rights.

Women should not be responsible for the actions of sick SOBs.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:07 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Dude... stop reading tweets from the unhinged. Feminism isn't the crap posted in those.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:19 AM

27,141 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by addakisson View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Courts Cases are based on actual evidence on not merely hearsay and they must be proved beyond reasonable doubt, which is pver 99% which is the minimum treshold in relation to certainty of any criminal court case.

Sadly a lot of UK rape cases are being reviewed due to the prosecution witholding evidence and in certain cases the evidence even supported the accused innocence.
Brady vs Maryland. Prosecutors are obligated to turn over evidence that could exonerate,
it violates due process. If the prosecution does withhold evidnce, the case may be dismissed. Prosecutors can be jailed.

But the defense does not need to give up anything. At the same time, they cannot advise destroying evidence. They can loose their license to practice law if doing either.

It has been the police and state prosecution service known as the Crown Prosecution Services that has been witholding prosecution evidence in such cases in England and Wales.

You are also right, prosecutors are obligated to turn over such evidence, and there has been a massive scandal in the UK, with the Director of Public Prosecutions Alison Saunders stepping down early.

Alison Saunders to quit as director of public prosecutions | Law | The Guardian

MPs criticise DPP Alison Saunders over collapse of rape trials | Law | The Guardian

Hundreds of cases are also now having to be reviewied in relation to any witheld prosecution evidece.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:51 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I take the subway daily. I put my bags and purse on my lap or the floor. Do you put yours on a seat when the train is crowded and/or refuse to move them when asked? That's rude.
Yes I agree when women do that it is extremely rude. Imagine that, we actually agree on something!

Old 09-26-2018, 10:52 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Dude... stop reading tweets from the unhinged. Feminism isn't the crap posted in those.
Is it?

The face of feminism is a women yelling at her meek husband while they both wear pink vagina hats.

Old 09-26-2018, 11:11 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
I think time better spent, would be shaming the culture of girls promiscuity, stemming from the unintended consequences, that have come from the Women's Sexual Liberation Movement.
If I parked my car, and left my wallet on the DASHBOARD, full of money, without locking the door, you would blame me more than the person who took the money that didn't belong to them?

I would be stupid for doing that, but guilty of nothing other than stupidity. They, on the other hand, would be guilty of a crime.

You are unbelievable.

Old 09-26-2018, 11:19 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
Quote:

Plenty of people spend time doing that already. On the online comments sections of Fox News stories, where it really matters.

Old 09-26-2018, 11:20 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Based on endless posts to this forum, many seem quick to judge in the court of public opinion, based on :

Hearsay

Race

Ethnicity

Religion

Sexual Orientation

Profession

Old 09-26-2018, 12:14 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Courts Cases are based on actual evidence on not merely hearsay and they must be proved beyond reasonable doubt, which is pver 99% which is the minimum treshold in relation to certainty of any criminal court case.

Student Liam Allan 'betrayed' after rape trial collapse - BBC News

Liam Allan and Isaac Itiary trial collapses should lead to much-needed reform - The Guardian.

All current rape cases to be 'urgently' reviewed over disclosure fears - BBC News

109 women prosecuted for false rape claims in five years, say campaigners - The Guardian

How many innocent people are in prison after evidence was withheld from defence lawyers? - Metro

Rape evidence flaws may have put hundreds of innocents in jail - The Telegraph

Lesbian fantasist invented 15 rapes and sexual assaults which saw man jailed to get sympathy from girlfriends, court hears - Telegraph

Woman jailed for false rape claim against soldier - BBC News

Police officer was on verge of suicide after false rape accusation as woman who accused him is jailed - Mirror Online

Compulsive liar jailed after 11 false rape claims in decade - Telegraph

False rape accusation 'destroyed life' of Surrey man - BBC News

Teenager accused of rape commits suicide - Telegraph

Mother of son who hanged himself after being accused of rape commits suicide a year later - Telegraph

'Guilty until proven innocent': life after a false rape accusation - Telegraph

Commuter cleared of 'ludicrous' sex assault warns the same could happen to any man | London - ITV News

Dragged through hell by rape police who 'buried' evidence about their 'twisted' accuser: Four men cleared of attack at student ball speak out after officers 'airbrushed woman's interest in group sex | Daily Mail Online
Though I have read some of these articles before, thanks for the links.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies