Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 07:10 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,888,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
That bill was passed into law by the Democrats.

What do you say about that?

hahahaha. I'm guessing no answer to that.
Are you trying to make an argument that we should think that was a good thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2018, 07:15 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,518,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Are you trying to make an argument that we should think that was a good thing?
Dear, I'd never tell you what to think. You might take lesson from this.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Dear, I'd never tell you what to think. You might take lesson from this.
Then maybe be clear with what you're saying? Because you're not making any clear argument from my perspective.

I could honestly not care less to what party the ignorant person who passed that law belonged.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:21 PM

25,427 posts, read 9,747,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Hate to tell you this but that hurricane would have formed even if the global climate was 2 degrees cooler than it is right now. There's this thing on Earth called evaporation, and with it comes thunder storms, and sometimes the wind is right and those storms become hurricanes, regardless of how much carbon is pumped into the atmosphere.
And as the experts have said, this was not your normal hurricane.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:23 PM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I guess they should have signed a law mandating climate change science so it would have protected them like a Pat Robertson prayer bubble.

It's way too complex of an issue for most of the dull points in this forum and way too sophisticated of an issue for the zealots thats think that something like the Kyoto accords would do anything whether the US signed it or not. (naive)

I write this as a believer that global warming has a man-made contribution.

P.S. Anyone butt hurt over this post please address:
1) The nations that signed Kyoto grew their emissions more than the US which didn't and that the "off-shoring" nations like China etc. wouldn't even sign it.

2) Would global warming mean more hurricanes hitting NC? It's called climate CHANGE for a reason which might mean more for NY or TX and less for NC. Something to think about.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:25 PM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
And as the experts have said, this was not your normal hurricane.
Are these the same experts that lied when they called Super Storm Sand a 1 in 500 or 1000 year storm?

Old 09-24-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I guess they should have signed a law mandating climate change science so it would have protected them like a Pat Robertson prayer bubble.

It's way too complex of an issue for most of the dull points in this forum and way too sophisticated of an issue for the zealots thats think that something like the Kyoto accords would do anything whether the US signed it or not. (naive)

I write this as a believer that global warming has a man-made contribution.

P.S. Anyone butt hurt over this post please address:
1) The nations that signed Kyoto grew their emissions more than the US which didn't and that the "off-shoring" nations like China etc. wouldn't even sign it.

2) Would global warming mean more hurricanes hitting NC? It's called climate CHANGE for a reason which might mean more for NY or TX and less for NC. Something to think about.
You're not incorrect that most international deals will have little effect. But that doesn't mean we as a species should abandon all efforts.

And swing a full 180 on this issue as Trump's WH has certainly isn't helpful.

Last edited by HockeyMac18; 09-24-2018 at 07:39 PM..

Old 09-24-2018, 07:38 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,518,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
You're not incorrect that most international deals will have little effect. But that doesn't mean we as a species should abandon all efforts.

And sing a full 180 on this issue as Trump's WH has certainly isn't helpful.

Trump? That has 0 to do with this topic.

The bill in question, was signed into law by a Democrat Governor and while Obama was President. I'm not sure what part of that escapes you guys intent on making this a political topic.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:39 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,471,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
You're referring to the Trump tribe. They are the ones who think science is something to be "believed" in. My guess is that they equate it with religion in some way. Doesn't surprise me at all that they would pass a law banning science. It's just like banning the devil to them.
These are the same folks who have absolute, unquestioning faith in "God", because their pastor/family/friends have told them that they just have to "believe" and "have faith", yet when proven science is shown to them, they disregard it as a "hoax".

Just another of hundreds of reasons that the Dumbing Down of America is deliberate, targeted, and highly effective.

Take a bow Republicans.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Trump? That has 0 to do with this topic.

The bill in question, was signed into law by a Democrat Governor and while Obama was President.
Please follow along. Reading isn't difficult. Do understand what I was writing in reply to.

And as I said above, this NC law was stupid. I don't care what party affiliation it arose from (I would be interested to know why you think I should care?).

Regardless of what NC does on its own, the national focus and language in this issue was very obviously in the opposite direction. For the better.

Trump's 180 is not the correct direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies