Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 06:59 AM

1,349 posts, read 663,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Just out of curiosity; is anybody keeping score? What I mean is how many on the left have gone down in flames compared to the right?

I truly believe that this movement all started with the notion of bringing down/impeaching President Trump. Nobody really saw that Weinstein would be the very first offender to suffer the consequences. Look at all the big names in the liberal media that took a fall. I know that it goes both ways and some on the right went down. I am just interested in the numbers and I feel that the left has suffered a far greater loss (but I could be wrong). It just appears that it backfired on the ones that originally pushed this movement.
You would be wrong. While the election of a self-admitting harrasser and p*** grabber, that movement encouraged lots of women to TALK and tell the truth. This case is one in millions. THAT's what me too is about.

Please hear us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 07:09 AM

1,349 posts, read 663,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
ok this is well written and comes across as well intentioned and thoughtful. However i believe you misunderstand the feminist and me too movement if you honestly believe it is not aimed at men and conservatives. Almost every normal human is appalled by rape and true sexual assaults. What is happening today however is different than an effort to stop sexual assault. What we are doing now is digging 30 to 40 years in the past to punish drunken boys who gabbed a women’s backside at a bar or who were a little creepy about their pursuit of a woman who was not interested. We are even punishing those who have made offensive jokes or comments in the past. There was a time when people ignored slights like this or they just had their dada, brothers, boyfriends or husbands give the offender a black eye for their transgressions. Now you want to ruin lives for silly juvenile behavior. What is being done is indeed an attack on men and conservatives because if you haven’t noticed the target of these efforts are almost always male conservatives. You cannot attack men and conservatives and not expect us to get angry and fight back. Judge kavanaugh is just the latest victim of this injustice and we are sick of it. If this feminist assault on us continues i guess the world can expect us conservative men to keep angrily fighting back. How could any rational person expect any different response from us.

Now if we want to do something about true predators and perverts i’m all in. We all know there are lots of them creeping around hurting kids and women while some whine about kavanaugh at a frat party 36 years ago.
potp

Old 10-03-2018, 07:14 AM

5,068 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Your #metoo movement has be hijacked by the communist democrats who see it as an opportunity and a tool to be used against conservative SCOTUS nominees.

Your fight is with them not those of us who are watching them do it. Focus on their agenda. Its a rich environment of lies and hypocrisy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
This^^ (I am a woman)
Nazi Feminists like Rep Maxie Hirono who state publicly that men in America need to just shut up are indicative of what the democrat party has become — angry, hate and fear-mongering anarchists willing to bring our country down to the lowest levels possible in civility, law and order, and common sense......
Another woman chiming in. Yes, #metoo has been hijacked. There's a poster on the forums who talks about how BLM was hijacked as well. Democrats would be wise to back off a little, but they don't seem capable of it.

Like Mazie Hirono, many women have gone too far. It's like they've forgotten that we actually need men. Know what's funny to me? I typed 'Hirono' in the DuckDuckGo search bar to check the spelling of her first name, and the first suggested search terms were "Is Mazie Hirono married". If this doesn't speak volumes, I don't know what does.

Old 10-03-2018, 07:19 AM

5,068 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Supreme Court nominations are always a nasty back-alley brawl where decorum, decency, ethics are off the table.

The whole purpose he is to stall out Kavanaughs confirmation with 11th hour delay tactics and paint any attempts to proceed as some violation of #metoo to help with the midterm elections.

This is of course, smart politics by the democrats and the reps would do the same if things were reversed.

However, at some point these allegations are somewhat flimsy and dated back to teenage etc. years opens up a big can or worms. It's going to be hard to get anyone nominated (including women), down the road where every tweet, email, snapchat or whatnot can be used to paint them as some horrible person. We'll have an all-Amish government in 40 years.
Our Amish neighbor came and hooked up a hose to the other neighbor's well while they were away - after being denied permission to use the well. Now he comes and gets run-off water from the drainage pipe across from our driveway. No problem with permission, since it's run-off on a public road, but his horse and water cart block us from being able to exit, since it's a tiny dirt road and we have to make a hair-pin turn. No WAY is he qualified under these new rules, lol.

Old 10-03-2018, 07:27 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Supreme Court nominations are always a nasty back-alley brawl where decorum, decency, ethics are off the table.

The whole purpose he is to stall out Kavanaughs confirmation with 11th hour delay tactics and paint any attempts to proceed as some violation of #metoo to help with the midterm elections.

This is of course, smart politics by the democrats and the reps would do the same if things were reversed.

However, at some point these allegations are somewhat flimsy and dated back to teenage etc. years opens up a big can or worms. It's going to be hard to get anyone nominated (including women), down the road where every tweet, email, snapchat or whatnot can be used to paint them as some horrible person. We'll have an all-Amish government in 40 years.
only when republican presidents are making the nomination.

there hasn't been a fight over a liberal judge. even the most radical leftist judges were treated with dignity and respect by republicans and republicans voted for all of those on the bench today.

Old 10-03-2018, 07:31 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
some notes on Metoo...
1. it has almost exclusively found LIBERAL men to go after. because liberals allowed liberal men to violate women with impunity for a generation.
2. It has nothing to do with republicans. Republicans have been accused of rape for several decades simply for existing. occasionally the accusations hit close to home and the republican goes down. but vast numbers get accused with false accusations.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:05 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
You would be wrong. While the election of a self-admitting harrasser and p*** grabber, that movement encouraged lots of women to TALK and tell the truth. This case is one in millions. THAT's what me too is about.

Please hear us.

Do you really feel that anything would have changed if the Clintons were in charge: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...behavior.html? People receiving donations sometimes have to pay a price for those donations.

And where are all of our President's accusers? Are you talking about a woman that was more than well paid for a service that she willingly provided?

The reason Harvey went down is because many on the left felt he was a sacrificial lamb and they had bigger game in their sights. The movement was never supposed to last this long. It was supposedly the ultimate tool for impeachment and many of the people that favored this action ended up falling themselves. It is hard to say right now if the metoo cry for Juanita Broaddrick will not be a final blow to Bill Clinton.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:09 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Bitter men haters organized. What could go wrong?
I am a card carrying member of the He Mans Women Haters Club, I also follow MGTOW.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:10 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan west View Post
The metoo movement is locked and loaded. They do not care about truth or justice. They care about their political views which are sadly harmful. We all agree that sexual abuse is very negative. We all agree that lies and character assasination is also very negative. Atl least I think a majoritiy of sane people can agree to the latter. This movement is spearheaded I believe by George Soros's money and Obama's ideology. What a sad day for America. The problem is that this movement has aligned itself with the whole Steele dosier memo which started a coupe attempt which is failing. That being the case the leacherous left is trying the old Bork, Thomas takedown against Kavanaugh. No justice no peace. I think the treasonous people involved with this will have a day of reckoning because the majority in the American house will lawfully pursue justice.

No different than Shannon Watts and Moms demand action. These groups start out with good intent , then seem to lose all morals and ethics to promote their agenda. They know there are a large part of the population that believe the lies they spew, without fact checking. It's a shame , really.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:01 AM

16,598 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan west View Post
The metoo movement is locked and loaded. They do not care about truth or justice. They care about their political views which are sadly harmful. We all agree that sexual abuse is very negative. We all agree that lies and character assasination is also very negative. Atl least I think a majoritiy of sane people can agree to the latter. This movement is spearheaded I believe by George Soros's money and Obama's ideology. What a sad day for America. The problem is that this movement has aligned itself with the whole Steele dosier memo which started a coupe attempt which is failing. That being the case the leacherous left is trying the old Bork, Thomas takedown against Kavanaugh. No justice no peace. I think the treasonous people involved with this will have a day of reckoning because the majority in the American house will lawfully pursue justice.
Sadly I disagree with you on a day of reckoning. The senators involved with smearing justice Bork (similar tactics, just not involving sexual accusations) never had their day of reckoning.
Whether it be Biden, Gore, Kerry, etc. they never paid a price. Heck one of the most vocal attack dogs was none other than the lecherous, raping, murder, Ted Kennedy.
Yet he was called "the Lion of the Senate" by fellow Democrats and some Rinos. I guess if being held up as a hero is you definition of a day of reckoning, I stand corrected.

The same is true of justice Thomas where those who were behind trying to Bork him are still around, unscathed from their involvement such as Dodd, Reid, Biden, Gore, Leahy, etc.
Again, where is their reckoning?

Heck even as I type this many are saying that only if Kavanaugh's nomination goes down with some of the current senators be investigated, but if he is confirmed, they will probably just go back to business as usual. Another words, they will drop all efforts to make those responsible for the freak show, just as what happened with previous "Borking".

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies