Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 11:04 PM

30,562 posts, read 18,061,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I'm fine with the GOP being obsessed with Clinton. They are like cats with a shiny ball. Distract them with that. They are still angry that a black man was elected and may never recover from it. Trump still can't go a day without saying Obama. They spent eight years promising their voters the moon while Obama was in office and now, they have no one to blame.
I didn't realize that a black man was elected. A biracial man who is equally white and equally black, sure. But not a black man. I know that Dems, obsessed with race and identity politics, subscribe to the racist one drop rule, but that doesn't change reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2018, 07:14 AM

304 posts, read 159,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I didn't realize that a black man was elected. A biracial man who is equally white and equally black, sure. But not a black man. I know that Dems, obsessed with race and identity politics, subscribe to the racist one drop rule, but that doesn't change reality.
Give me a friggin break...wasn't it Rush Limbaugh who played a song called "Barack the magic Negro" last I checked he was hardly a liberal lion.

Now he is magically recognized as biracial...nice try.

You are correct he is but I'm sure more on the right than the left were fuming that a man who was not 100% white was elected president...looks at the uptick in hate groups (neo-nazis etc) that sprung about since Obama election.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:48 AM

518 posts, read 447,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I'm fine with the GOP being obsessed with Clinton. They are like cats with a shiny ball. Distract them with that. They are still angry that a black man was elected and may never recover from it. Trump still can't go a day without saying Obama. They spent eight years promising their voters the moon while Obama was in office and now, they have no one to blame.
No one to blame? You're right. The last two years of very low unemployment, record low AA and Hispanics unemployment, well over 3% annual GDP growth, historically low jobless benefit claims, record high consumer confidence, and a roaring economy have been awful. What a disaster. If only those dumb deplorable Trump voters had listened to you we'd still be experiencing the glory days of 1.8% GDP growth and a record high number of people on food stamps under the last presidency. We really screwed up on that. Thankfully, Democrats took the 2016 election defeat in stride and have been graceful in defeat and haven't freaked out or anything. At least they have taken Hillary's own words from October 2016 about being appalled at not accepting the results of the election to heart. Oh wait.....nevermind.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:52 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy84 View Post
{SNIP}
its time to move on.
That is how MoveOn.org got its name.... Nothing to see here.

No one is above the law.
Especially those responsible for Americans dying all around them.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:56 AM

34,178 posts, read 18,482,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Why ? You can't !!! She can't !!!
Hillary is in the media almost daily criticizing Trump, and making excuses, blaming everyone else on why she LOST. She won't go away, therefore people respond to her lies. When she shuts up, then people will stop the rebuttals.

She needs to stick with her Chardonnay.

Old 09-25-2018, 08:19 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,588,189 times
who brought up Clinton here? The OP.

Old 09-25-2018, 08:37 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,596,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Hillary is in the media almost daily criticizing Trump, and making excuses, blaming everyone else on why she LOST. She won't go away, therefore people respond to her lies. When she shuts up, then people will stop the rebuttals.

She needs to stick with her Chardonnay.
right..we pray every day that the scary pantsuit lady will just go the hell away..but the old biddy wont ****..

Old 09-25-2018, 08:50 AM

18,579 posts, read 10,582,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Hillary Clinton is the rubber chicken of the right wing political circuit. It's their opening act, they can't do without it.
What are they gonna talk about otherwise?

Defend Trump's lies?
The tax cuts for the rich .01%ers?
King coal is back?
Tariffs don't matter?
"The deficit? What Deficit? Are the Dems back in power? Well..... never mind the deficit."
Deficits don't matter.

Nah. Got to open with "Hillary, lock her up!" and then segue to "But Obama!".
Polish it off with a 45 minute tirade against fake news and you got a genuine republican cluster **** fest led by DJT.
Nailed it!

Old 09-25-2018, 08:52 AM

5,724 posts, read 3,237,701 times
Clinton is a reference to point out today's hypocrisy on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy84 View Post
Now before I start a little back story. I have been hearing for a little while now, and have agreed the GOP needs to move past the Reagan years. He will been out of office for 30 years this January. Most voters under 40 (dare I say 45) do not hold the same reverence for his as their parents or people older in general. Its not taking anything away from Reagan for his time he was a ok to good president by some standards even great, but 30 years and 5 presidents later the GOP likes to cling to him where the people (hopefully) voting or at least eligible to vote for the first time this year were born upwards of 12 years AFTER he left office. As one Uncle of mine put it its like when the democrats tried to hold onto FDR well into the 60's and 70's at this point..newsflash it didn't help.

Why am I bringing him up? well like many Americans I am a fan of combat style sports, boxing, mma, wrestling. you always hear of the 1-2 punch. The first punch is Saint Regan, who for the record the "real" Reagan and this "mythical" Reagan are not the same people. but the other punch who this topic is about is of course..But Bill Clinton. Isn't time the GOP has moved on from this escape hatch?

Every time Trump gets into trouble with his real or alleged womanizing remember "Grab em by the p*ssy" the first response was/is Bill Clinton. Now with Bret Kavanaugh again you hear about all the things Bill Clinton did. AS if to say..yes Bret or Trump or GOP politician did this but so did Bill Clinton therefore it doesn't matter he is absolved of any and all crimes. its almost as if your saying..Bret or trump or whomever can be a serial rapist but since Bill Clinton was a pig its irrelevant but in a very ironic way lets chastise Bill Clinton for his bad and wrong (which it was) behavior.

Lets just put something in perspective. This January will mark 18 years since Bill left office. The voters under 25 were either infants or toddlers during that whole saga. And much like those under 40 don't view Reagan with rosey colored glasses they aren't really viewing Bill as the same. Do you really..and I mean really think Bill Clinton would get the nod TODAY (obviously if he was constitutionally eligible) in the era of #metoo? I wouldn't be surprised if a factor in Hillary loss was people voting 3rd party as a way to punish Bill for his behavior (see MI, WI and PA)

I was in high school during that time and while I think Bill was a good president he was 100% wrong for what he did. even if it was by all accounts consensual. (Monica nor Paula Jones ever said rape but in fairness I am willing to bet they feared a reprisal so to speak if they said no) he was wrong to cheat on his wife and use his position to mess around. Some feel he got off way to easy...(no pun intended) and I can agree. But that does not mean that its ok for Trump to mess around on his pregnant wife. or for trump to have a series of publicized affairs which he did. I don't say well Bill Clinton messed around on his wife so MAGA! In fact it looks like he is not viewed as favorably as Obama was his legacy will always be tarnished and as time goes on it probably won't improve.

As time goes on, people will be more willing to accept the fact that it was the past and much like how slavery, discrimination based on race/religion and now sexism was "ok back in the day" or people looked the other way, but its not anymore and its time to move on.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:48 AM

18,761 posts, read 11,755,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
All you have to do is watch the video I posted....stop LYING!

Lying I don't think anyone is lying. I think it's more about interpretation. Being hostile towards an other's interpretation is pretty harsh ya think?

"There is no serious person out there who would suggest that you could even rig America's elections, in part because they're so decentralized, and the number of voters involved. There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there is are instances that that will happen this time."
You have to remember the timing of Obama's words. It was early on when the Russian's were trying to sew doubt into the democratic process of electing a president. Trump was mouthing off that the election was "rigged" if he lost. Obama called that out as irresponsible, and rightfully so. Remember it wasn't until after Trump was in office for over a year that the Republican majority in the senate agreed that Putin interfered in our election to get Trump elected. I think Obama was trying to reinforce confidence in our electoral process with that speech.

Yes I think it's time to put the lock her up rhetoric to rest. Attacking political opponents with jail is a distasteful despotic rhetoric. Just as discrediting a free press, the what about-ism, constant lies and conspiracy theories, and gas-lighting. These are all tactics designed to create smoke screens and keep American's off balance, much like Putin is doing to try and divide and destroy democracy across the globe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies