Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 12:47 PM

10,767 posts, read 4,349,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
I wish you could hear yourself. You are so wrapped up in chest pounding and partisan politics that you have completely forgotten that redemption should have NOTHING TO DO with a supreme court seat.
Should and shouldn't are not the issue.
I'm talking about what IS.
Do you seriously think Kavanaugh is going to forget about all his?
I think he'll always feel ill will toward Democrats.

Will it impact his rulings? Probably not, but I think Democrats have destroyed any chance of Kavanaugh ever changing his position on anything (and I'm talking over a 20+ year period).
Whereas other judges have changed their position over a 20-year period (very slightly).
After a couple of decades I don't think we'll see Kavanaugh changing his position on anything, because he'll always remember the actions of Democrats in 2018.
That's where the redemption comes in - long term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So, you are basically advocating for the selling of a SC seat. Put him on the court and in exchange, he will do whatever Trump wants, whether it's constitutional or not.

And the worst of this is, you see absolutely nothing wrong with this.

Behold the cult mind. They truly do hate this country and its Constitution. There can be no greater evidence of it than this poster.
As I said, Trump only wants his man to rule according to the constitution.
Whereas the Democrats like judges to rule against the constitution (see the travel ban that Democrats tried to block), and Kavanaugh will never consider that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2018, 12:49 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Everyone knows Trump picked Kavanaugh as his own personal protection Trump likes doing business with the mob and Kavanaugh was just what he was looking for.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:52 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,672,866 times
Trump has already proven to be such a perfect leader, if the means existed, I would totally vote for him to be the supreme dictator of this land for life. And possibly pass on this power to his children </sarcasm>

Old 09-28-2018, 01:05 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Know what the difference is between the post that started this, and something that the enemies of the US want?

Nothing.

This post is designed to inflame and anger one side, and make claims of corruption that are supported by the other. This is the most divisive and anti American post I have read in a while.

Lets say you oppose Kavanaugh. This makes you even more opposed as you now believe the supreme court is by definition corrupt. You lose your faith in our system.

Lets say you support Kavanaugh. You get the thrill of "sticking it to the dems". And you turn this into tribalism.

This is the most vile of postings. Anyone who values the constitution, and our country should be sickened by what it represents. It making America a worse place.

Old 09-28-2018, 01:10 PM

^ Trump is pro-constitution.
Democrats are not.
So Kavanaugh being loyal to the constitution is the same as Kavanaugh being loyal to Trump.
Supporting the constitution is vile?
Trump's unique bond with Kavanaugh (sticking with him despite the nightmare we just witnessed) has just given Kavanaugh greater incentive to always be a constitutional judge and never budge.

Old 09-28-2018, 01:13 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
I think the OP means that the new justice will be on the President's knob. Damn the Constitution!
You mean like liberal justices?

Old 09-28-2018, 01:16 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
^ Trump is pro-constitution.
Democrats are not.
So Kavanaugh being loyal to the constitution is the same as Kavanaugh being loyal to Trump.
Supporting the constitution is vile?
Trump's unique bond with Kavanaugh (sticking with him despite the nightmare we just witnessed) has just given Kavanaugh greater incentive to always be a constitutional judge and never budge.

No one of sound mind is buying this. Trying to turn Trump into the constitution is utter nonsense. He is a man. Nothing more, nothing less. An attempt to imbide him with "the constitution" is something our enemies would love to see one side do.

Old 09-28-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
No one of sound mind is buying this. Trying to turn Trump into the constitution is utter nonsense. He is a man. Nothing more, nothing less. An attempt to imbide him with "the constitution" is something our enemies would love to see one side do.
And anyone who thinks Trump is not in favor of the constitution is free to think that too, no problem there.

Old 09-28-2018, 03:46 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times
I keep on hoping you are just trying to show an example of Poe's law with all your posts.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
I keep on hoping you are just trying to show an example of Poe's law with all your posts.
Poe's law doesn't apply to my posts, unless you think everything Trump does will be rejected by the Supreme Court....
I'm a lot more in touch with reality than Democrats who think they are more in line with the constitution than Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies