Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2018, 01:38 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,570,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
How many times has Trump lied about various things while in office?

"Various things." Yeah, that will hold up in any court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2018, 01:43 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,570,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And actually what I see typical of those bemoaning Trumps win of the presidency. It a projection of doomsday created by nothing more than their mental/emotion state of being.

As far as Trumps private locker room talk from decades ago, if that is what puts you in a state I'm surprised you haven't felt this way forever. Men talk this way when they are in like company (so do women) and sometimes when they are not alone in like company.
Record level unemployment, more manufacturing jobs created than in the past twenty years, highest level of consumer confidence, North Korea stopped threatening us. I'm tired of typing. Just read this list of facts, not feelings. which needs to be updated with even more good things.
Donald J. Trump's Accomplishment's List | MAGA PILL

As for locker room talk, men would be shocked at what women tell each other about the men in their lives. IN DETAIL.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:44 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Every time black lives matter celebrated a dead cop. Every time he preached about the inequality by race in our society from Martha’s Vineyard. He was the absolute worst President in US History and there have been some real losers.
Checkmate--perfectly summed up. And dont forget Mooch whining about how evil white people are for slavery.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:59 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,218,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
As we who support this administration are told daily/hourly by the left, that our enthusiasm for President Trump is base on false information, because we are stupid, lowly, uninformed, rednecks, etc.

The difference: We conservatives know that President Trump loves and supports America and wants what is best for all of us. It's just that the left doesn't agree with what that is.

Well trump certainly loves and supports himself. beyond that, I don't know. FWIW-I don't think you are a stupid, lowly uninformed redneck.

Old 09-25-2018, 02:16 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,808,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Which Democrat policies make America "free for everyone"? Forcing people to buy health insurance plans that are less useful than teats on a boar hog? Forcing people to do business with those they don't agree with? Attempting to control language through political correctness? Screaming racist every time someone disagrees with them? Administering physical beat downs to people who try to say anything they don't like? Running opposing congress members out of restaurants? Sorry, having a hard time seeing the "free for everyone" part of the Democrat platform.
Healthcare - The problem is that Obama should have pushed for single payer initially instead of his half-arsed Obamacare that has done nothing but raise prices for everyone. Obamacare is actually Romneycare, a Republican alternative to real universal healthcare. Problem is even if you could completely repeal Obamacare there's no going back to how things were before. Single payer is the only way forward.

Religious freedom - You have the right to believe what you want and associate with who you want, but if you open a business that is open to the public you have to abide by non-discrimination laws. If you don't want to do that and want to refuse service to people who don't meet your religious piety standards, instead of opening a public business make it a ministry of your church.

Political correctness - What laws have been passed that force political correctness? Businesses are allowed to advocate for social justice if that's what you mean. If they want to say Merry Christmas they can and if they want to say Happy Holidays they can. All I see though is the GOP trying to punish and coerce private businesses into bending to their will.

Racism - If your reasons for hating Obama include him being born in Kenya or him not being a "real American" or his support of Colin Kaepernick, you are a racist.

Violence and civil disobedience - You're always going to have crazies on both sides but most of the violent rhetoric I've been hearing has been coming from the right.

Old 09-25-2018, 02:22 PM

36,500 posts, read 30,843,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Record level unemployment, more manufacturing jobs created than in the past twenty years, highest level of consumer confidence, North Korea stopped threatening us. I'm tired of typing. Just read this list of facts, not feelings. which needs to be updated with even more good things.
Donald J. Trump's Accomplishment's List | MAGA PILL

As for locker room talk, men would be shocked at what women tell each other about the men in their lives. IN DETAIL.
Right, but all that seem to matter to some is how he makes them feel and they base the entire administration on their personal feelings instead of what is actually taking place.

And as a women I agree about what women say in like company about men in their lives or men they wish were in their lives.

Old 09-25-2018, 02:24 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,559,990 times
Quote:
Healthcare - The problem is that Obama should have pushed for single payer initially instead of his half-arsed Obamacare that has done nothing but raise prices for everyone. Obamacare is actually Romneycare, a Republican alternative to real universal healthcare. Problem is even if you could completely repeal Obamacare there's no going back to how things were before. Single payer is the only way forward.

Religious freedom - You have the right to believe what you want and associate with who you want, but if you open a business that is open to the public you have to abide by non-discrimination laws. If you don't want to do that and want to refuse service to people who don't meet your religious piety standards, instead of opening a public business make it a ministry of your church.

Political correctness - What laws have been passed that force political correctness? Businesses are allowed to advocate for social justice if that's what you mean. If they want to say Merry Christmas they can and if they want to say Happy Holidays they can. All I see though is the GOP trying to punish and coerce private businesses into bending to their will.

Racism - If your reasons for hating Obama include him being born in Kenya or him not being a "real American" or his support of Colin Kaepernick, you are a racist.

Violence and civil disobedience - You're always going to have crazies on both sides but most of the violent rhetoric I've been hearing has been coming from the right.
So the baseball game shooter was a Trump supporter?

Old 09-25-2018, 02:26 PM

301 posts, read 189,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Fair enough.

And actually what I see typical of those bemoaning Trumps win of the presidency. It a projection of doomsday created by nothing more than their mental/emotion state of being.
Like I said, this isn't about party or politics for me. It's definitely deeply personal. I agree with you, to an extent, about fears being projections created by mentally and/or emotionally vulnerable people. That can be said about anyone who was "afraid" of a Trump administration - the LGBTQ+ community fearing a potential overturn of marriage equality, certain groups of people fearing the potential overturn of R v. W, Muslim citizens (and non-citizens, for sure) fearing a mass deportation based on who they are as people, to name but a few.

The above examples are based on fear-mongering from the extreme left; Trump himself never said he'd do anything of the sort. These ideas were born from the far left voices "warning" us of what "could happen" to our country if we let this man win. I consider myself more liberal than conservative, but even I knew better than to repeat some of that nonsense, or to hold it as fact. At the same time, we had voices on the far right taking words that Trump said during campaign rallies and twisting them to justify some pretty ugly talk as well. I heard, with my own ears, exclamations of "all the gays better hide now" and "if I see a Muslim in the street, I'll shoot them" and various other colorful sentiments shortly after Trump's victory. I realize that the majority of the right do not say things like this nor do they believe them nor would they celebrate the death of anyone. It can't be denied, though, that the whack jobs on both sides of the party line came out of the woodwork and displayed some of the worst behavior in human history. Fear, whether real or imagined, makes people act very strangely.

Quote:
As far as Trumps private locker room talk from decades ago, if that is what puts you in a state I'm surprised you haven't felt this way forever. Men talk this way when they are in like company (so do women) and sometimes when they are not alone in like company. Maybe you have been sheltered from it but I have not.
See, it isn't actually Trump's "locker room talk" that sends me into "a state." It's the continuous dismissal of this behavior as normal and expected that leaves an unpleasant taste in my mouth. It's that we continuously elevate men who behave in dishonorable ways into elevated and honored positions, which perpetuates the "boys will be boys" stereotype, that makes me fear for the future of this nation. It's the habit we have of automatically assuming a woman (or anyone) who comes forward with a story of being assaulted is a liar, or politically motivated, or in it for the money, while we scramble to find pictures and stories and witnesses to prove that the accused is a "fine man." Some men accused of assault absolutely fit the bill of "fine, upstanding gentleman who wouldn't hurt a fly" but that doesn't mean that man isn't guilty. For that matter, Trump certainly didn't lead a lifestyle pre-presidency that makes it all that hard to believe that he's capable of groping, assaulting, or worse.

I've absolutely witnessed this behavior and been upset by it all my life. It didn't start with Trump or being raped or anything but simply existing as a female. Forgive me, but I don't like knowing that my president so freely chatted about groping women, joke or exaggeration or otherwise. Calling out the action is all well and good, but if we don't call out the words that fuel the action, why even bother?

Old 09-25-2018, 02:48 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,707,417 times
Quote:
We don't need single payer. We need to get the government out of healthcare other than basic safety regulations and - most of all - we need to get healthcare and insurance companies out of government.

Quote:
Any business should have the right to refuse service to anyone at any time. Period.

Quote:
The GOP aren't the ones forcing businesses to perform services for peiple they don't want to associate with. That would be the Dems.
Quote:
None of those cover the reasons I disliked Obama. I disliked him because he was unqualified for the office and because I knew his history in Chicago. Yet, I'm still called racist because I didn't like him.

Quote:
Maxine Waters, Antifa, and BLM are not on the right. Please show me the violence that the right has been committing, and I'll gladly call them out for it.

Old 09-25-2018, 02:54 PM

30,350 posts, read 19,143,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunalvr View Post
Like I said, this isn't about party or politics for me. It's definitely deeply personal. I agree with you, to an extent, about fears being projections created by mentally and/or emotionally vulnerable people. That can be said about anyone who was "afraid" of a Trump administration - the LGBTQ+ community fearing a potential overturn of marriage equality, certain groups of people fearing the potential overturn of R v. W, Muslim citizens (and non-citizens, for sure) fearing a mass deportation based on who they are as people, to name but a few.

The above examples are based on fear-mongering from the extreme left; Trump himself never said he'd do anything of the sort. These ideas were born from the far left voices "warning" us of what "could happen" to our country if we let this man win. I consider myself more liberal than conservative, but even I knew better than to repeat some of that nonsense, or to hold it as fact. At the same time, we had voices on the far right taking words that Trump said during campaign rallies and twisting them to justify some pretty ugly talk as well. I heard, with my own ears, exclamations of "all the gays better hide now" and "if I see a Muslim in the street, I'll shoot them" and various other colorful sentiments shortly after Trump's victory. I realize that the majority of the right do not say things like this nor do they believe them nor would they celebrate the death of anyone. It can't be denied, though, that the whack jobs on both sides of the party line came out of the woodwork and displayed some of the worst behavior in human history. Fear, whether real or imagined, makes people act very strangely.

See, it isn't actually Trump's "locker room talk" that sends me into "a state." It's the continuous dismissal of this behavior as normal and expected that leaves an unpleasant taste in my mouth. It's that we continuously elevate men who behave in dishonorable ways into elevated and honored positions, which perpetuates the "boys will be boys" stereotype, that makes me fear for the future of this nation. It's the habit we have of automatically assuming a woman (or anyone) who comes forward with a story of being assaulted is a liar, or politically motivated, or in it for the money, while we scramble to find pictures and stories and witnesses to prove that the accused is a "fine man." Some men accused of assault absolutely fit the bill of "fine, upstanding gentleman who wouldn't hurt a fly" but that doesn't mean that man isn't guilty. For that matter, Trump certainly didn't lead a lifestyle pre-presidency that makes it all that hard to believe that he's capable of groping, assaulting, or worse.

I've absolutely witnessed this behavior and been upset by it all my life. It didn't start with Trump or being raped or anything but simply existing as a female. Forgive me, but I don't like knowing that my president so freely chatted about groping women, joke or exaggeration or otherwise. Calling out the action is all well and good, but if we don't call out the words that fuel the action, why even bother?
Okay but why are you okay with Bill Clinton actually violently raping Juanita Broadrick but not Trump talking about groping women? Why did women's support of Bill Clinton rise drammatically when we learned that he had abused his authority by having sex with an intern?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies