Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 09:12 AM

10,931 posts, read 11,693,985 times

Advertisements

Since I left America 22 years ago, not really. But I have family and friends who still live in America and they say his trade policies are driving up prices. Otherwise, they are only suffering from acute cases of contempt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2018, 09:14 AM

34,179 posts, read 18,492,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
As we who support this administration are told daily/hourly by the left, that our enthusiasm for President Trump is base on false information, because we are stupid, lowly, uninformed, rednecks, etc.

The difference: We conservatives know that President Trump loves and supports America and wants what is best for all of us. It's just that the left doesn't agree with what that is.
The Left has been duped by their Globalist, Elitist puppeteers that some sort of Utopia is possible, and even wanted by the populace. It is a false assumption.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:14 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,831,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
And Trump has to fight 99.9% of the Media's lies, and leftist agenda. Also Corporate Tech, social media, the Democrats obviously, the deep state bureaucrats in government, EDUCATION, an other elements of society. All anti American, all anti Trump.
Trump is one of the most pro America presidents that has ever been. To be against him is to be anti Ameican. The policies he supports are pro American policies. How can anyone claiming to love America argue with that? Try visiting other countries and live there awhile if you want to see true life changing,
suppressive "leadership".

Old 09-25-2018, 09:17 AM

13,507 posts, read 16,997,994 times
Quote:
Trump is one of the most pro America presidents that has ever been. To be against him is to be anti Ameican. The policies he supports are pro American policies. How can anyone claiming to love America argue with that? Try visiting other countries and live there awhile if you want to see true life changing,
suppressive "leadership".

Trump is pro Trump. That's about it. I'm hoping you are kidding or a kid who doesn't know better.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Since I left America 22 years ago, not really. But I have family and friends who still live in America and they say his trade policies are driving up prices. Otherwise, they are only suffering from acute cases of contempt.

That is so odd because one things that Europeans who visit the US post on YT is that they can't believe how cheap things are here compared to Europe. They are amazed!

Old 09-25-2018, 09:21 AM

29,204 posts, read 14,484,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
One could have asked the same question to conservatives in 2010, "Can any conservative tell me HOW you life has changed for the worse?"

Took a job out of state in late '07, due to the mass quantities of layoffs and companies going under in my state. Came back in late '09, worked for 2 months and was laid off. Was out of work for just over a year. My home value plummeted, had no health insurance, burned thru a lot of my savings. When I finally was able to land a job again it was for $40k less, at a place I didn't like with a 37 mile one way commute.

Like another poster stated, "hey you asked, I answered.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:21 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,044,063 times
The effect of a new round of tariffs will be hitting consumers this week. It's going to directly impact thousands of products that ordinary Americans use every day.

Quote:
Trump’s trade wars start biting GOP ahead of midterms

“This is going to be like death by a thousand cuts hitting every consumer product once you broaden the tariffs out,” said Matthew Shay, president of the National Retail Federation. “Taxing American consumers as a way of getting the Chinese to the table just doesn’t seem like the right tactic to us. If all of these tariffs on $500 billion-plus from China go into effect, prices will increase on everything that gets imported and that‘s going to be painful and real and unnecessary.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...s-china-801315
What impeccable timing by the manchild in the WH. Make sure the price increases hit right ahead of the midterms. He's a genius, I tell you.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:23 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,937,192 times
Quote:
That is so odd because one things that Europeans who visit the US post on YT is that they can't believe how cheap things are here compared to Europe. They are amazed!
Could be true that prices in Europe are more expensive but you missed the point of the post.

It wasn't comparing prices between Europe and America....it was specifically talking about Americans living in America have noticed prices rising.

Doesn't matter what is happening in Europe --- it matters if our prices go up.

5,781 posts, read 5,083,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Economic malaise, low labor participation rate, international chaos, more wars, unfettered illegal alien invasion, divisive rhetoric along racial, gender, and sexual preference lines, war on fossil fuels affecting U.S. supply, political weaponization of the DOJ, IRS, EPA, NSA, FBI, Interior, etc. I could go on. It was a freak show under Obama.

My healthcare insurance TRIPLED after Obamacare was passed, and my deductibles doubled. My copays also went way up.
That's weird. My health plan with my employer remained the same or slightly improved. Maybe it's the type of company one works for and the level of education that one has. Isn't that the free market and the invisible hand that the conservative repubs love so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post

Trump is pro Trump. That's about it. I'm hoping you are kidding or a kid who doesn't know better.
That is your judgemental attitude showing.
I hope you are a college student as we all know they are brainwashed until they grow up and become actual productive citizens making their own living, paying taxes etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies