Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2018, 09:24 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Good point. An intelligent person would cater their speeches to the audience. He spoke to the UN like he was speaking at one of his rallies in Beaver Crack, North Dakota. The delusions might be real in his head. This alone makes him unfit. What an embarrassment.
This is actually what was wrong with his speech. And, for that, I blame his speech writers.

He was on script, aside from the comment about not expecting to be laughed at.

Which was possibly the most gracious deflection I've ever seen him make while in office.

I thought the laughter was amusing, because he really was just fine up there reading that mess.

But, I actually thought his on-stage recovery was quite good.

He should do that more often.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Trump himself said, "The world is laughing at us, they think we're stupid." How prophetic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCwA0DhHKfo
Hey... maybe he really is making things happen. Like, say... laughter... at the US.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:30 AM

956 posts, read 1,207,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Its hard for Trumpers to admit it because it doesn't fit their narrative of the way the world is supposed to work. Everyone is supposed to adore Trump and believe he is a great President. Not all Trump voters are crazy, but the ones who attend Trump rallies are one sad lot. They actually believe in BS like the "deep state". They "love" Trump and criticism of Trump is all wrong. Papers like the New York Times are always lying when they criticize Trump, but always right if they criticize someone who opposes him. Rosenstein was good when Trump appointed him. He's bad now that he won't end the investigation against him. Sessions was fine when Trump appointed him. He's bad now that he won't end the investigation against Trump. Even though the numbers are not much different now they can't give Obama any credit for the good economy. Everyone "knows" that the good economy is simply because Trump is in office. Its pure horse manure, but warped prejudiced minds work like that.

Americans should have known what they were getting when they elected this maniac to office. This guy was the one who started the whole phony birther conspiracy. His behavior since being elected though has been more than erratic. He's suggested that President Obama wiretapped him and that Obama "is a sick guy". He even tried to claim more people had attended his inauguration than any other President when photos of the crowds clearly proved otherwise. He is unsuited to be President and even some republicans like Bob Corker have suggested as much when they talk about his lack of "stability". All this might be humorous if this man didn't have control of America's nuclear arsenal. That makes Trump more than just a joke. He is downright dangerous.

Without Congress and Fox News protecting him he would be nothing.

and those people don't even know they're being used like a bunch of morons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 09:34 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,648,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
It is no longer just the majority of Americans. It is now the entire world that is laughing at Trump and his cult.
I walk the beach quite often. Lot's of tourists, especially during summer. These tourists from Canada, England, Germany, France, etc. all like to talk about Trump. But not the way you think. They love him and wish their leaders we're as bold and wish they had someone like him. I never hear negative remarks.

Just sayin'.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:37 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
This is actually what was wrong with his speech. And, for that, I blame his speech writers.

He was on script, aside from the comment about not expecting to be laughed at.
Yeah, this is something I thought about, too. Who the hell are his speechwriters, that they would put a line like that into a speech before the U.N.? Did they set him up to be laughed at? Because that was an inane line to be in a pre-written speech to begin with.

Usually his written speeches tone down the blustering braggadocio. It's why he always sounds so wooden when he is reading a speech. It almost seems like his speechwriters sabotaged him with this line.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:38 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
I walk the beach quite often. Lot's of tourists, especially during summer. These tourists from Canada, England, Germany, France, etc. all like to talk about Trump. But not the way you think. They love him and wish their leaders we're as bold and wish they had someone like him. I never hear negative remarks.

Just sayin'.
Lol, sure.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Laughing at him only make you look pathetic, he is the man and is definitely MAGA. Your life is so much better than when the last, America hating, gay guy was doing his best to destroy America.
You apparently aren't educated enough to understand how much better life is now that we have a real American in charge.
Fortunately for you, even after you lost, you won, Trump is president. Enjoy the ride, it's going to last six more years...
Grow up.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Huh? What is THEY? There were like one or two person in an auditorium full of hundreds.

And what he said that elicited the disrespectful sounds were true. He absolutely has done more in the two years he's been in office than previous whole administrations. Just the U.N. alone he has gotten the deadbeat nations to pay their dues. No previous U.S. president had the nerve to do that.
Maybe you can expound on these accomplishments. Specifically & factually.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yeah, this is something I thought about, too. Who the hell are his speechwriters, that they would put a line like that into a speech before the U.N.? Did they set him up to be laughed at? Because that was an inane line to be in a pre-written speech to begin with.

Usually his written speeches tone down the blustering braggadocio. It's why he always sounds so wooden when he is reading a speech. It almost seems like his speechwriters sabotaged him with this line.
I'm pretty sure they did. Who goes into the United Nations and gives a speech that focuses on their accomplishments as President and how they plan NOT to work well with the rest of the UN?

Because, that was the upshot of what he was saying.

He didn't just say he believes in putting the US first, but wants to work with our allies. I mean, most people could support the general tone of a statement like that and most leaders understand it.

But, to stand up there and give a prepared speech thumbing your nose at the rest of the world while talking about how you're a shining example is going to get some laughs.

And, any speechwriter with at least a high school education knows it.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:44 AM

1,991 posts, read 900,290 times
Small towns and cities in middle America get ready! At this very moment Trump's staff is desperately calling arenas to schedule Rallies to assuage Trump's ego after being a laughing stock of the world at the UN.
There will probably be a rally every night next week after this little fiasco. Faux News, get ready to provide coverage of every exciting second of Trump's fascinating restore ego tour. C- D posters (and you know who you are) get your calculators out so you can breathtakingly double or triple the attendance figures.

MAGA baby! MAGA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies