Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2018, 09:53 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,880,666 times

Advertisements

Trump thinks they laughed at his statements because they don't clap -- so they laughed to show agreement?

That just makes him look more ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 09:57 PM

31,909 posts, read 14,904,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Go back and reread, because you are forgetting a few things ... just because there were no out bursts of laughter is no sign there was respect. Their response was different, but the end result, much the same.
The Obama record on the world stage
"What this all adds up to — no surprise — is a mixed record."

I had forgotten about these performances ...
‘Obama out’: a brief history of mic drops
"Remember, Mr President, with great mic drops comes great responsibility."

Thus the reason this thread reminded me of Ron White having run for president and made a post about it. Because it seems to me if Americans are going to get in the habit of hiring comedians as representatives they should be looking at those who have done it as a professional, rather than the wanna bees ...

PS: "Can't fix stupid" ~Ron White~
The article says historians will treat Obama very well

Old 09-26-2018, 10:17 PM

15,726 posts, read 7,529,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Yes, and a part of me agrees with him, until I think about the possibility of the effect it might have on the u.s. economy. However, one thing is for certain, we have spread ourselves so thin, could be Trump is right on the money ... as the article says pretty much ... the vote is still out on that one. It is a wait and see.

But still focusing on the laughter is taking away from the important issues, but then America did elect a clown, again ... apparently we haven't a clue as to what makes a great leader, or so it seems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It's hard to be taken seriously when you elect someone like him into public office.
America got the president it deserved. We had 8 years of Obama's embarrassing moments, now we have, will probably have 8 years of Trump. When I look at this culture as a whole, I get it. I truly understand why we have what we have in representatives.

Let me be clear ... Until we change what we expect of a President, expect more of the same in the future.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:35 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,548,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Trump is setting this country up for the next 50 years of prosperity.

We'll be lucky if our economy survives another year of Trump.

Old 09-27-2018, 02:52 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,647,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
They were laughing at him to begin with, and then laughing with him at the end, IMHO.

He's an arrogant bunghole, but on a rare occasion he behaves charmingly, as he did once they started laughing.
Right. He had no choice but to go along with it, since having pouted and walking off would not have worked. Then, acting as if he meant to amuse...what an........

And I love how when reading from a Teleprompter he has to squint, switching from the left one to the right to appear to be natural, not daring to wear glasses since he is vain and would have to admit to a weakness or flaw (to him), in having vision problems. That's why he screws up so much, besides not reading well. Entirely different demeanor than when answering questions or yelling out complaints, insults or being defensive at a rally.

He doesn't know that most all over the world are seeing right through him.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:07 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,647,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Lots of great memes coming right up, drawn from his near-constant gesticulations. Facial expressions are interesting, too.
Oh yeah, such a weirdo...apparently being how he has expressed himself for eons.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:19 AM

18,579 posts, read 10,544,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Trump thinks they laughed at his statements because they don't clap -- so they laughed to show agreement?

That just makes him look more ridiculous.
Honest question, is that really possible?

Old 09-27-2018, 05:03 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,457,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
so..you actually listen to some liberal **** ant who has to rely on dope smoking writers to read cue cards seeing as that moron is incapable of independent thought? Really? a stupid so called comedian?
Don’t be angry because a five year old can speak more coherently then Trump can.

Old 09-27-2018, 05:40 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,226,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
So....all the major world news outlets and papers are all lying too? Give me a break!
Did you watch his speech? No one was laughing at him. No one! They were all very serious as they listened. The room was virtually silent. There was no laughter at all. None, except in his opening statement when he made a joke (I couldn't discern what he said, but it got laughter). After that, you could hear a pin drop as he spoke.

I don't care what the lying "news" media says. I heard it with my own ears, and as I said, Newt Gingrich, John Bolton, and others had high praise for his speech. Nikki Haley sat there smiling and nodding in approval.

We know the major "news" outlets are liars, and they hate Trump. Enough said.

Old 09-27-2018, 05:45 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,226,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Oh, wow, how surprising! Trump's own people supported his speech! Well, that must mean it was a really fine speech, right? Yeah, that's the president who forced his crew to go one by one around the table, praising him, in an embarrassing display of sycophancy.
Oh, Baloney! Quit lying!

And, by the way, Newt Gingrich is not "one of Trump's own people." And John Bolton had high praise for Donald Trump before he was selected to be his National Security Advisor.

None of you people have any credibility at all. You are all just part of the "hate Trump" #Resistance. Enough said.

#NoDemocrats
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies