Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2018, 10:44 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Guess who is listed 2nd-to-last last?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor..._United_States
There is only ONE way to explain this!

Wikipedia is nothing but a leftist organization devoted to the ruin of America and part of the conspiracy to make Trump look bad when actually we all know Trump is not only the greatest POTUS, but the greatest world leader of all time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2018, 10:45 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
He's doing fine. I guarantee world leaders take him a lot more seriously than the bower, Obama. They wanted Hillary to win because they could steam roll her just like they did to Obama. Trump isn't rolling over for their trade imbalances like every other President. We've been taken advantage of by the EEC (Europe/UK), Asia, and elsewhere since WWII. Enough!
Hahaha HAHAHAHA! Um, no.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:45 AM

20,858 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Quote:
He's doing fine. I guarantee world leaders take him a lot more seriously than the bower, Obama. They wanted Hillary to win because they could steam roll her just like they did to Obama. Trump isn't rolling over for their trade imbalances like every other President. We've been taken advantage of by the EEC (Europe/UK), Asia, and elsewhere since WWII. Enough!
You clearly have no idea why we have big trade imbalances. And, neither does Trump, for that matter.

We have trade imbalances because we have the world's reserve currency. We MUST run trade deficits because we MUST send out our dollars to the rest of the world. That is, we get stuff, the rest of the world gets our dollars. And they need our dollars, because that's the currency the world does most of their trade in.

I suppose stuff like that is over the heads of most Trumplings.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:46 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
They sure do love their stay in NYC.

these countries are collectively self indulgent charlatans who hope never to resolve any global or regional issues. they will sell their soul for personal profit pretending to represent the best interest of their people.

Trump has a list of accomplishments the other nation states could never hope to achieve in cooperation or by their own merit.

Trump is the one adult in the audience.

Obama the lawyer and Harvard grad couldn't even pronounce corpsman or get the number of states correct or even know where he was born. We all laughed and are still laughing at the guy who made a career parsing words, constructing sentences and properly placing prepositions and gerunds make cosmic speaking errors.

Outrageous are the countries that still support Iran's economy for sheer profit.
Like what? Be specific & factual. What has trump done & the other nations haven’t?

Old 09-25-2018, 10:47 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,587 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Well, sort of the way you "respect" a big ill tempered dog.

It's not admiring respect, it's more a fear that something's going to set it off and you're going to get bitten, out of nowhere.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:48 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I'm not sure anyone has ever seen were a world leader was laughed at so diresvily as Trump was in his self-aggrandising speech at the UN.

Oh, and he showed up 28 minutes late. Does he think he's Putin or something?

What an embarrassment!

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1044597810501505026
Well of course they laughed at him. Globalist don't consider it accomplishment unless it makes them rich and dictators.

He who laughs last, laughs best

Old 09-25-2018, 10:48 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I will not deny that he has accomplished some of his goals, setting aside for the moment whether or not I think those goals were worthy.

But...to say something like he did, that he's done more for the country than almost any other president? That's just ridiculous. For one thing, he has yet to face any really major crisis. No Civil War, no Pearl Harbor, Great Depression, Great Recession, or 9/11. The only test he has faced is one of public opinion, which is hardly unique - all presidents face criticism. Also, it is a bit early to say how many of the things he's attempted to do will work out for the country in the long run. It would be a lot easier to acknowledge any good he may be doing if he didn't insist on inflating it at every possible opportunity. What nice thing can I possibly say to someone who has already proclaimed himself the best ever?
Well, according to him, he won the largest electoral victory since Reagan (wrong), would have won the popular vote if it weren't for millions of illegal votes (nonsense), had the biggest crowd ever at his inauguration (false) and passed the biggest tax cut in history (untrue). The unemployment rate of 5% in 2016 was fake (really closer to 40%) but now that he's in charged the rate of 4% is to be believed. So of course, why wouldn't he think of himself as the greatest ever?

Old 09-25-2018, 10:49 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Why would I care what you think? You're lack of judgment is showing.
Judgement; what would you know about judgement in any rational sense whatsoever?

C'mon now, even the most dedicated and indoctrinated of Pavlov's dogs knew when it was being deliberately starved.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:49 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It was a wonderful speech. He called out OPEC, Venezuela and dishonest trade partners and made it clear that US dollars will no longer be sent to countries who do not support US policy and plot against us.

The usual Left Wing Lice find fault. There was meat in his speech and that irritates the left. They prefer apology for US behavior and promises that the US will do more to spread its resources around to other countries including those that attack us.
My wife and I just spent a very nice weekend with another couple, good friends of ours, and they are conservative. We lean liberal.

At least I understand why they lean conservative, and I think they understand why my wife and I view things differently.

Have you got any idea about any of that outside the "Left Wing Lice" perspective you seem tightly wrapped up in?

Old 09-25-2018, 10:51 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
It's just a total shame, IMHO!

Why Trump, my pick was so close, now we have this!

Hillary_PAC_2020
Sorry, although Trump needs to go, Hillary is too damaged, and is why she lost in 2016. Was she the most qualified ever? No question, but sense of entitlement and lack of real empathy cost her.

My choice right now?

Avenatti. Because I know he can make mince meat of Trump.

My real choice would be a Jeb Bush or maybe a John Kasich. And yes, I know they are GOP.

As far as Kamala Harris is concerned? Maybe, but I think Trump would eat her up. Same for Booker, who actually had to run a government, and is capable and has proven what he could do. His balancing the municipal budget is a major achievement from the mess he took over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies