Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 01:12 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Wow, you want it to be considered treason to harass our elected officials? Have you HEARD of the Constitution, by any chance, or do you think this country is a dictatorship? Because that's the only form of government where you can lose your life for dissing a government official.

What country are you from, anyway? Because you can't be an American if you think this way.
Have the protesters heard of the constitution? Demanding that we must believe survivors is so unconstitutional it boggles the mind. They think a lawyer who argues before the Supreme Court such as Ted Cruz is going to be swayed by that argument? They’re ridiculous.

And if they want to protest, do it at the Capitol.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:15 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Its alright...their behavior just reinforces my vote for Cruz in the early Texas election next month.
Something tells me you were going to vote for that....well.....dude....anyway.

If someone else expressing their 1st Amendment Rights makes you love a candidate more, one wonders what issues are really important to you.

If the perps did anything illegal, they can and perhaps should be charged. Otherwise it is a pretty typical reaction to those (like Cruz) who tell 10's of millions of Americans that they are not Americans.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:18 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Doesn’t matter, I’m still not voting for Beto directly because of the actions of his voters and political party. I would have voted for him if the Democrats hadn’t gone insane after the 2016 election.
It seems unlikely these protesters are his constituents from Texas, but who knows. i guess absolutely anything is possible.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:34 PM

579 posts, read 368,166 times
The 1st Amendment does not give the people unlimited access to private businesses so they can protest. Walking into a restaurant and not ordering anything, but rather just yelling at people, is trespassing once the manager tells the mob to leave. Trespassing is illegal and does not violate the 1st Amendment.

Why can't these people do their protests the legal way, which is outside on the sidewalk, a public space? They go overboard in their hatred, cross the line into law-breaking, and make themselves look like fools.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:35 PM

8,351 posts, read 5,502,221 times
The right never does anything like this do they?

I don’t condone what they did, but to pretend this is a left problem only is ridiculous. Left and right can go tit for tat on garbage like this.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:36 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso Gil View Post
The 1st Amendment does not give the people unlimited access to private businesses so they can protest. Walking into a restaurant and not ordering anything, but rather just yelling at people, is trespassing once the manager tells the mob to leave. Trespassing is illegal and does not violate the 1st Amendment.

Why can't these people do their protests the legal way, which is outside on the sidewalk, a public space? They go overboard in their hatred, cross the line into law-breaking, and make themselves look like fools.
The manager told them to leave, and it seems they likely did. There's no follow up once the manager was attempting to get them to leave.

It's not breaking the law until you are asked to leave and you refuse.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:39 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
What kind of imbecile would condone this idiotic behavior? Oh wait, you've already answered that.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:46 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Exactly. Chanting slogans doesn't seem all that threatening, except it does threaten your peaceful meal at the upscale restaurant.
Being surrounded by a dozen agitated people not just chanting (but nice try with the lie), is indeed threatening.

I read the Wapo article on the event including the warning one guy made to the other patrons and the other things that were said and so forth....again, you're helping Ted Cruz.

Those idiots may have just given him the margin to beat Beto.

You guys are bigger enemies to Democrats regaining the house than the republicans.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:54 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
These people are nuts. Should they be arrested for harassment?
https://dailycaller.com/2018/09/24/t...dc-restaurant/

Basically cementing his landslide win against the party of Jim Crow... Robert(I'm lily white Irish) O'Rourke.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:54 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Only dirtbags chase people out of restaurants over politics. I’m all for protests and free speech, but Im with Mathguy on this. There is a time and place for protests, and at a restaurant for dinner is neither the time nor the place.

Sure, a part of me wishes that conservatives would retaliate by dong this stuff to Obama or Pelosi when they were out to dinner with their families, but in the end we would end up looking just as bad as them. So I’m glad conservatives dont. When they go low, we go high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies