Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 03:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It won't matter who is president when there's a false-flag attack, because everyone will want to go to war.
I hope you’re wrong, but you rarely are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 03:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
Trump lies about EVERYTHING! I don’t believe a word from that liars mouth!
Bingo. I can’t take his word over any other world leader because he lies with mechanistic constancy.

Old 09-26-2018, 03:11 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
It won't matter who is president when there's a false-flag attack, because everyone will want to go to war.
You mean there's no chance of ever having a sensible POTUS who might actually want facts before going to war?

Old 09-26-2018, 03:21 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,986,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I have to agree with Iran's leader Rouhani: Trump has a "Nazi disposition." He certainly does. The two person(s) Trump won't criticize in this world are Vladimir Putin and white supremacists.
And Koreans, don't forget them.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:04 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Yeah Bush sr. Clinton, Bush JR and Obama had no issue with wars and sending our troops to die.
And I condemn all of that as well.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:09 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I have to agree with Iran's leader Rouhani: Trump has a "Nazi disposition." He certainly does. The two person(s) Trump won't criticize in this world are Vladimir Putin and white supremacists.
Completely false statement.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:11 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
So . . . let me get this straight. In a he said-he said situation, you take the side of an authoritative, oppressive (his regime executes gays and then lies about it, kills political dissidents and then lies about it, etc.) "Supreme Leader" over the word of our president? Got it.
Exactly. The regressives want our enemies to defeat us and humiliate us so long as their blood lust for going after Trump is satisfied.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:29 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,353,710 times
Quote:
Yeah...I wouldn't want to bet against you in a chess game. You seem to have a lot of useful input regarding game-theory-like strategies.

One thing I think will prevent that though, is the last couple decades of war that everybody's still remembering and dislikes. I think Trump won largely because Hillary seemed more hostile towards Russia and militaristic regarding Syria.

Granted, people got very supportive for the world trade center attacks, but that was a massive attack on our own soil. Since about four years after that began, every time most people think of militaristic conflicts in the middle east, or pretty much anywhere else, they think:

"Why are we over there again? I could't find that place on a map. Who is the good guys? We's not bombing the good guys, right? I sure hope we're bombing the bad guys and not the good guys, because this is getting too confusing to keep track of. Who are we trying to make explode now? I want to know who are our buddies and friends and who are the bad people who should be exploded...because I don't want to root for the wrong side. That could be embarrassing, if I end up accidentally rooting for the good guys to be exploded...."

And we know we think like that, and we've been thinking like that for the past decade. Gone is the age of blind patriotism that happened before the World Trade Center attacks. Now we're in the age of: "Well...I'm going to assume our leaders are more like Luke Skywalker than Emperor Palpatine...but I'm not 100% certain about that...."

I just don't see anyone riling up enough patriotism to support a war in this environment. If someone wants a war, they're going to have to be sneaky about it...like all the little troop movements that are currently happening all over the world that nobody really pays attention to. I don't think you can be sneaky about attacking Iran though. Also, if I remember correctly, we broke he treaty between us and Iran, not Iran. That's going to look bad too.

Although, after another decade people might have forgotten about a lot. That all could change by then and take people back to the blind patriotism mentality.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:33 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You mean there's no chance of ever having a sensible POTUS who might actually want facts before going to war?

Wars are rarely about the actual facts that are presented to justify them. Wars are almost always grey.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:39 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,226,183 times
I wonder if people are actually paying attention?

Quote:
EU Sets Up Vehicle For Iran Oil Trade To Avoid Sanctions

By Irina Slav - Sep 25, 2018,

The European Union said it has set up a special-purpose vehicle that will handle transactions involving Iranian oil and European goods, AFP reports, citing a statement made by the EU’s head of foreign policy Federica Mogherini at the UN.
"In practical terms,” Mogherini said, “this will mean that EU member states will set up a legal entity to facilitate legitimate financial transactions with Iran and this will allow European companies to continue to trade with Iran in accordance with European Union law and could be open to other partners in the world."
People need to learn what is the meaning of "Petro Dollars"...

Quote:
After the collapse of the Bretton Woods gold standard in the early 1970s, the U.S. struck a deal with Saudi Arabia to standardize oil prices in dollar terms. Through this deal, the petrodollar system was born, along with a paradigm shift away from pegged exchanged rates and gold-backed currencies to non-backed, floating rate regimes.
The petrodollar system elevated the U.S. dollar to the world's reserve currency and through this status, the U.S. is able to enjoy persistent trade deficits, and become a global economic hegemony. The petrodollar system also provides the United States’ financial markets with a source of liquidity and foreign capital inflows through petrodollar "recycling." However, before the effects of the petrodollars on the U.S. dollar can be examined, a brief history lesson is in order. (For more, see: Global Trade And The Currency Market and US-Saudi Relations: A Complex Scenario.)

History of the Petrodollar

Faced with mounting inflation, debt from the Vietnam War, profligate domestic spending habits and a persistent balance of payments deficit , the Nixon administration decided to suddenly (and shockingly) end the convertibility of U.S. dollar into gold. In the wake of this “Nixon Shock,” the world saw the end of the gold era and a free fall of the U.S. dollar amidst soaring inflation. According to, Dr. Bessma Moomani in the article, " GCC Oil Exporters and the Future of the Dollar," through a series of carefully crafted bilateral agreements with Saudi Arabia beginning in 1974, the U.S. was able to promote bilateral political and commercial relations, market imported U.S. goods and services, and help recycle Saudi petrodollars (more on this later).
Through this framework of economic cooperation, and more importantly, petrodollar recycling, the U.S. managed to influence Saudi Arabia to persuade the other members of Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) to standardize the sale of oil in dollars. In return for invoicing oil in dollar denominations, Saudi Arabia and other Arab states were able to secure U.S. influence in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, along with U.S. military assistance amidst an increasingly worrisome political climate that saw the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan, the fall of the Iranian Shah and the Iran-Iraq War. Out of this mutually beneficial agreement, the petrodollar system was born.

Read more: How Petrodollars Affect The U.S. Dollar | Investopedia https://www.investopedia.com/article...#ixzz5SFgDPIO4

IF... this agreement with the European Union moves forward, and via that process, If it chooses to use other currencies to exchange for oil.... it can lead to the change that the "petro dollar" could be on the way out, and another unit of currency could be used for the exchange of Oil. There is no longer the Soviet Union, and the Israeli matters is becoming more strained as Israel continue their encroachments.
Eventually many nations will agree that Israel's illegal encroachment will not be supported!!! It's more and more seen as plain and simple arrogantly bigoted aggression.

Quote:
If the persistent deficits continued ad infinitum, eventually foreign countries will begin to doubt the valuation of the dollar and the greenback may lose its role as the reserve currency; this is known as the "Triffin Dilemma". (For more, see: How The Triffin Dilemma Affects Currencies.)

Rather than all this blind faith in Trump and this obsessions with Right Wing Agenda... and being blind to the awareness of his ignorance of Geo-Political Matters and what is the basis of the Petro Dollar, and what can become of it. Iraq and Libya and other Middle East Nations have had the discussions before, regarding un-peging Oil to the U.S. Dollar. Trump is a two bit billionaire on a world stage where the true billionaires who don't have the history of corrupt and collusive acts along with money washing, are growing very tired of his madness. He is taking America down and the drama around his daily madness is blinding people from the downfall that is taking place.

The $20+ Trillion Deficit, the decline of Industrial Growth in America, and the continual game of "paper shuffling" along with the history of the 2007 exposure of the "Fake Bond Rating"... then to see this buffoon on the World Stage threatening and attacking nations, and acting like we are the Dictators of the World, and the damage he has done to our Allied Nations, the insults to Germany, the insults to the Europe, the insults to Canada, the insults to Mexico and the lack of regard for Central American Countries, and his incessant attack directed at China, along with his overt disgraceful assault launched at Muslim Nations..... THING CAN CHANGE QUICKLY!!!!

If the U.S. Dollar is no longer the dominant trade currency, then we can't print money that will be regarded as having anything backing it. Nations can begin a sell off America Debt, and if they see better options; especially in the face of Trade Wars Created by Trump, they can sell off their debt for % less than face value, and there is NOTHING that America can do, because America "Can't Buy Back The Debt Instruments". BECAUSE America is already $20+ Trillion in Debt, the GDP is appx. 19 Trillion.... Now, consider what that means, if one subtracts debt from GDP.... The Growth Rate Trump promotes is based on an annualized one, which compounds quarterly GDP growth assuming three more quarters of identical change.
It was actually higher four times during Barack Obama’s presidency. But Republican like to bury that info. Besides the fact that President Obama was a supporter of Diplomacy, as well as working "with nations" on many fronts, from Climate Change, to the Iran Nuclear Deal, and The TPP (Trans-Pacific Partnership) which understand the labor and supply chain that exist in those region and how instrumental it is to America. Yet, Trump pulled out and started a Trade War.

Trump has made everything in America a matter of conflict and contention, he has damaged us in ways that will continue to get worst. Not only did nations have a aim to Re-trust America, when Obama worked with them to assure them that America would never fleece them with "fake bond ratings", which cost nations Trillions in losses, then Trump in his attack on Obama, has damaged the work the relations with nations in regards to the works that Obama achieved, he has set a tone of contempt and a Trade War built on Rage... that has set up back and destroyed grounds that we may be many decades to make it fertile on the Global systems. Then he has the Audacity of Ignorance, to tell the Global Nations, that America will go it Alone, followed by the America First, as if every nations is suppose to kneel and submit to America as if they are regarded as second class nations.

We know and the world knows Trump is a bigoted liar who is obsessed about money and NOT paying taxes !!!! We know Trump detest the fact that America has public service programs, and he detest any money from American going to help anyone, "except the wealthy"... He built himself up chasing tax concession, and his daddy built himself up fleecing government contracts, both being "tax evaders", bigots and racist, their no contest to the charges of racist policy with properties, is because they know they could not put up a defense for something that was systemic in their property rental programs.
Trump collects "federal monies from properties that are rented via Section 8, which is and should be a violation, the Trump property in Washington should have had the clause upheld that no public official could profit from the old post office building.

Now, when it comes Geo Political Dynamics and Economic Realities.... people are just not paying attention.

Oil Producing Countries know that its only so much oil left in the old oil fields of America, they know that people are "now pushing the claim of an Oil boom, based on sifting the sand trying to extract the last drops of oil they can.

The world of nations will find their own means to deal with Trump trying to open up Nature Preserves to Oil explorations, because they know that the world does not need more Petro Pollution at the expense of destroying Nature Preserves all for greed today, with no thought of the impact it will have on Generations 100 yrs from now.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 09-26-2018 at 07:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies