Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 06:05 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Face it, Cruz ruined himself when Trump attacked him in the primary and he didn't stand up to him. In fact, he bowed down to him.

We need a powerful leader, not one that bows down and worships the head of their party.

But... I would take it back if Cruz stands on national TV and attacks President Trump and accuses him of all he did wrong.

But... We know this will never happen ... so O'Rourke.
"We need a powerful leader, not one that bows down and worships the head of their party."

Now THAT is funny coming from a dem.

Clinton was PROVEN to sexually exploited young women, accused of sexual assault and even RAPE and the left DID NOT CARE and STILL adores him and the dems in the senate did NOTHING.

Obama was called the Messiah and the dems "bowed down" to is every whim.

The dems NOW have trashed Kavanaugh and had NO problem with old "cigar" bill.

Why isn't Ellison and Booker under an FBI investigation?

So, SAVE us the sudden attempt to "care"!

Old 09-29-2018, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
I'm surprised that the mods are letting this CA and political thread remain here.

"I'm surprised that the mods are letting this CA and political thread remain here."
Maybe you should READ the TITLE of this forum, "Politics and OTHER CONTROVERSIES"

Old 09-29-2018, 06:11 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,741,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Pretty much. Ex-Californians are a danger to Oregon, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico and Texas. Oregon and New Mexico have historically been liberal anyway, so the ex-Californians moving there isn't going to have as much impact as elsewhere. But with Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, and Texas, the presence of ex-Californians has changed the political and cultural atmosphere in those states. Let's take it state by state:

1. Arizona. Arizona has typically been a Republican state. From 1952-present, Bill Clinton in 1996 was the only Democrat to win the state in a presidential election. Trump only beat Hillary Clinton by 3.5% in 2016. However, this year, Arizona might elect a Democrat to the U.S. Senate for the first time in decades, and that potential future Senator has been in the U.S. House from a Metro Phoenix district for the last 6 years, and got her start as a far left in the state senate as a radical, far leftist. She has moderated during her time in the U.S. House, but is very sympathetic to the far left.

2. Nevada: The Republicans have lost this state in the last 3 presidential elections.

3. Colorado: The Republicans have lost this state in the last 3 presidential elections. For at the least the last 20 years, Boulder has basically been like San Francisco in the Mountains. Metro Denver has moved further to the left with ex-Californians. The city of Denver is nearly as Democratic in terms of voting patterns as San Francisco.

4. Texas: The rise of Beto O'Rourke has much to do with ex-Californians. The Obama 2008 energy around the Beto campaign is scaring Texas Republicans. Hillary Clinton won Dallas County 61-35% in 2016, Austin is basically San Francisco East politically and culturally, the more urban areas of Houston and Democratic strongholds too. Texas is still red in the suburbs of the big cities (the northern Dallas suburbs of Collin County is a good example) but that might change in the future.
I came out of California a Republican, and being in Texas turned me more libertarian. My parents are still conservatives. So making a blanket statement that Californians are this or that isn't a very constructive thing. You know California has a lot of different folks in it, and it's probably not the more left-leaning folks who are frustrated and leaving.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:08 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I came out of California a Republican, and being in Texas turned me more libertarian. My parents are still conservatives. So making a blanket statement that Californians are this or that isn't a very constructive thing. You know California has a lot of different folks in it, and it's probably not the more left-leaning folks who are frustrated and leaving.

There are more conservative people leaving California for neighboring states, but Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, and Texas are trending more liberal.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:12 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
There are more conservative people leaving California for neighboring states, but Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, and Texas are trending more liberal.
I personally saw it happen on the Colorado Front Range which is now very BLUE. Progressives leave their home state to get away for high taxes, over regulation, high cost of living, and other Liberal/Progressive/Democrat characteristics then bring them along and think it will work elsewhere. The height of insanity.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:20 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,890,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"or the Politics forum"

We do NOT have "Politics" forum. We DO have a "Politics and OTHER CONTROVERSIES" forum.

And you call someone else "horrible"! Go figure!
Pedantic much?

Old 09-29-2018, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"We need a powerful leader, not one that bows down and worships the head of their party."

Now THAT is funny coming from a dem.

Clinton was PROVEN to sexually exploited young women, accused of sexual assault and even RAPE and the left DID NOT CARE and STILL adores him and the dems in the senate did NOTHING.

Obama was called the Messiah and the dems "bowed down" to is every whim.

The dems NOW have trashed Kavanaugh and had NO problem with old "cigar" bill.

Why isn't Ellison and Booker under an FBI investigation?

So, SAVE us the sudden attempt to "care"!
Godwin's Law for Conservatives always ends with "but Bill Clinton."

Bill Clinton isn't in office right now. What if I said "but what about Nixon" every time somebody complained about the Left?

You discount your own arguments when you mention Bill Clinton at every turn and it shows your true colors.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:31 AM

[quote=Quick Enough;53223145]
Quote:

"I already know what Cruz is about. He hasn't helped the state one iota since elected"

THIS is one of the MAIN problems we have as a country today.

Congress is NOT supposed to "help the state" they come from.

They are there to do WHAT IS BEST FOR THE ENTIRE COUNTRY AS A WHOLE.

EVERY law affects somebody in a bad way. The law is SUPPOSED to to be good for the MOST people in the COUNTRY.

Until we stop the "bring home the bacon" attitude we will CONTINUE to slide.

Too bad it is NOT taught in school anymore.
A senator is supposed to represent the interests of his state, the interests of his constituents. If he doesn't, he won't be re-elected. Politics 101.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Pedantic much?

Some can't handle criticism.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Godwin's Law for Conservatives always ends with "but Bill Clinton."

Bill Clinton isn't in office right now. What if I said "but what about Nixon" every time somebody complained about the Left?

You discount your own arguments when you mention Bill Clinton at every turn and it shows your true colors.
"What if I said "but what about Nixon" every time..."

Some DO.

"You discount your own arguments when you mention Bill Clinton at every turn and it shows your true colors"

The left HATES showing how hypocritical they are.

I note you did NOT address what I said, instead tried to change the subject and throw insults.

I thin we KNOW what YOUR TRUE COLORS are!

Last edited by Quick Enough; 09-29-2018 at 08:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
View detailed profiles of: