Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 07:15 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I grew up around people who told fish tales.

I learned to tune out the BS.
You should market that as a new form of mindfulness training. Really, if you can teach people to "tune out BS", and then put on a Trump Presser, they would have 80 minutes of pure meditation and internal silence.

I'm a little envious of you right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 07:20 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,479,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
Listened to that Trump press conference for about 30 minutes last night. Much of that time my jaw was literally dropped at the rambling word salad, lies, and blatant display of ignorance. I can’t believe so many people love & support that imbecile. What a train wreck, yet he thinks he’s brilliant, he really believes all his bullcrap.

Naturally the Trump Cult is out in force online today to tell us what a brilliant showing it was. I just do not get it.
That press conference was unwatchable. He is an embarrassment to our country. Anyone who still supports this man is a fool.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:25 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Strongest and most competent President anyone alive today has ever seen in their lifetime. This is what a real leader looks like, folks. Combine the strengths of the last 9 Presidents into one and Trump still leaves them in the dust.

But my enthusiasm is bridled by the knowledge that it will all unravel and be quickly back to the way it was after 2024. No one else has the raw intestinal fortitude and force of personality to stand up to the media and their puppeteers. No one. But the next 6 years will an experience as close as most of us ever get to riding in the cockpit of Thunderbird #1.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:26 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
I hope these "bad" weeks continue, because look at his last 7 polls, all taken since September 16th:
Economist/YouGov 44
Rasmussen Reports 47
NPR/PBS/Marist 44
Reuters/Ipsos 45
Gallup 40
FOX News 46
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 44
Trump's only low poll is Gallup, but Obama had exactly 40% on Gallup during 3 different years in his Presidency.
LMAO. I don't know what is more funny. The fact that you quoted those numbers with no source. I was able to corroborate the Rasmussen number, but the rest seem to either be cherry-picked, or just out and out lies. Here is the current numbers, and a comparison to put them in context:
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

I don't know if your tactic of just posting BS and expecting people to believe you is more funny, or if I should be laughing at your closing statement. You just listed a bunch of numbers, NOT ONE of them shows him having 50% approval, and you think that ONLY ONE of them is a low number.

Even Trump's own base has accepted sub-mediocrity as the new norm. Appalling

Old 09-27-2018, 07:32 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
It kind of shows where we are as a nation when some see that news conference as a home run and others see the very same news conference and call it an embarrassment.
I was just thinking the same thing as I sit here reading this thread. It's hard to believe we were all listening to the same press conference.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:35 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default Here is the whole 80 min press conference from today from Donald Trump

That's 80 minutes of amusing incoherence.

Any Jr High asst principal giving such a performarce would have been relieved of duty immediately and referred for psychological examination.

The world laughs at him.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:05 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Question - "Has there ever been an instance when you've given the benefit of the doubt to a woman?"

Answer - "I've known them for a long time and a lot of these people. A lot of people. And some I've been disappointed with. I have been disappointed with some others like -- you know, there are charges that are pretty weak. But I've known people for a long time."

"And there's some that probably I agree. I can tell you there's some that I -- I've been watching for a long time. And in a couple of cases they weren't Republicans, and a lot of cases they were not. They were exactly the opposite."

Well … that clears up a lot.
He just rambled and ranted on and on and on.

Any time he came right out and clearly said something, it was a lie.

He's an absolute disgrace.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:13 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,728,534 times
Can one of the "Trump is brilliant" people translate that gobbledegook into English for the majority of people, who heard only word salad? Thanks!

Old 09-27-2018, 08:29 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Way back in the summer of 2015, right after Trump announced his candidacy, I thought - ok, maybe we need an outsider who thinks outside of the box to shake things up. So I tuned into an interview on Fox. He sounded pretty much exactly like he sounded last night. In the words of his staff, a total f-ing moron.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:33 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
People who have had dinner with Trump describe their experiences exactly the same way.

He blathers on and on, never stops talking and it is all about one subject. Donald Trump.
I used to be a newspaper reporter, and I keep thinking what a nightmare it would be to interview him. Even when you talk to someone whose answers are succinct and to-the-point, it's rare that you get to include everything, due to space considerations. I cannot imagine trying to get a 12- or 15-column-inch story out of that mess. What would you leave in? What could you cut, without being accused of bias? Oy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies