Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 07:33 PM

669 posts, read 320,652 times

Advertisements

So I assume everybody at Justice wants to protect Rosenstein who's the Key Man in bringing down Trump via Meuller.

It seemed McCabe and Rosenstein were chummy and Rostenstein had nothing to do with the firing of McCabe. Anybody who was at those meetings are also in the same boat in their hatred of Trump.

So why would this be even recorded, and even leaked?

-Leakers thought (those speaking to the NYT) it would lead to Trump firing Rostenstein leading to a crisis before the mid-terms. As why would the NYTs help Trump like this? But this could backfire if Trump does not fire Rosenstein which would be a very negative outcome. As it nullifies Rosenstein and his authority in the Meuller investigation and ultimately, Congress will make sure he testifies under oath.

-They should have known Rosenstein might tender his resignation which effectively puts the power into Trump and therefore the outcome of the Meuller investigation.

-Maybe this Grand Jury investigation for Rosenstein is real? Therefore McCabe had no choice but to 'flip'? Or he didn't trust Rosenstein given what he did to Comey. But it makes no sense to ever memorialize such comments.

-Maybe McCabe was genuinely uncomfortable with going after Trump and therefore, this was his ultimate Ace in the hole saying "Hey, I was pressured from people above me starting from the Obama administration".

-Or the opposite... McCabe was angry at Rosenstein for firing Comey who would have gone all out to get at Trump unlike Rosenstein who's balancing a fine line, so it was McCabe's secret revenge (this is the angle CNN has). But the IG reported vindicated Comey's firing.

Either way, this is a big win for Trump IMO, as it gives a clearer picture of the conspiratorial nature of Justice and the FBI in trying to take down a duly elected Trump.

Now if Rosenstein really is caught between this, he might flip and basically say "this objective to get Trump originated under the Obama administration, and the FBI was leading this charge, to the point where Justice really didn't have a choice but to follow the FBI's lead".

Old 09-26-2018, 08:55 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times
^^^Interesting.

There are a number of theories out there right now, one that is quite interesting is...

That Rosenstein will be exposed, and compromised if the docs that where to be declassified were released. This seems quite possible because Rosenstein clearly had a lot of reservations about the FISA warrant he signed, and in fact he wouldn't even answer whether or not he ever read the warrant he signed. He would go on to stress that he wasn't the affiant of the warrant. Rosenstein has made every attempt to publicly back away from the warrant he signed, and doesn't want to take any responsibility for the accuracy.

Rosenstein knows the information that was to be declassified was going to expose many things that would not reflect well on the DOJ/FBI.

It's likely Trump told Rosenstein he won't declassify the docs, but Rod needs to stay, and clean up the mess he made. Trump has make it very clear he wants Rod to turn over everything to the IG, and have the IG expedite his investigation.

So with the threat of everything being turned over to the IG, and even possible declassification of damaging information, McCabe released his memos to the NYT to blame Rosenstein for the 25 amendment, and wearing a wire stuff.

So, who leaked to the NYT, McCabe's people did, they now see Rosenstein as a threat to exposing what really happened with the Russian investigation.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:23 PM

25,577 posts, read 56,455,902 times
What Rosenstein memo are you talking about?

NYT article re Rosenstein suggesting taping Trump is based on interviews/anonymous sources - NEVER on an actual Rosenstein memo or leaked tapes.

So, say again - what Rosenstein MEMO are you talking about?

Old 09-26-2018, 09:25 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,765,810 times
I've been assuming that the Deep State is trying to bait Trump into firing Rosenstein.

The next two days *could* be very interesting.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I've been assuming that the Deep State is trying to bait Trump into firing Rosenstein.
Hopefully, not on the basis of a memo or tapes - because NEITHER exist.

Title of this thread is about a MEMO.

I want to know - WHICH MEMO?

Old 09-26-2018, 09:38 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post

You know! That memo the deep state wrote to frame Trump.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:48 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,765,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post

The memo that's rumored to exist, where Rosenstein supposedly discusses recording Trump so he can be removed via the 25th amendment.

I'm not saying it exists... I have no idea whether it does or not.

I'm just saying that I think the rumors of such a memo were put out by people who want Trump gone. Trying to bait Cheeto VonTinyhands into firing Rosenstein. Dunno who these people are exactly, but "Deep State" is as good a name as any.

Oh, and I hope the succeed.

LOCK HIM UP!

Old 09-26-2018, 10:15 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:

The next two days *could* be very interesting.
Lol Who made up the deep state. I bet it was Hannity

Old 09-26-2018, 10:30 PM

Quote:
The memo that's rumored to exist, where Rosenstein supposedly discusses recording Trump so he can be removed via the 25th amendment.
Rumors from whom? The braindead, clearly.

The title of this thread is factually INCORRECT.

There is NO memo and never was.

Rosenstein would have to be NUTS to memorialize in writing a thought about taping Trump.

The NYT article - which started this entire brouhaha - is based SOLELY on word-of-mouth comments and recollections of people who HEARD ABOUT or ACTUALLY HEARD Rosenstein VOICE this - and was beat to death - here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-secretly.html

And, if anyone had bothered to read the article, they would know the title of THAT thread was factually INCORRECT also. Rosenstein NEVER recorded anyone.

So, what is the point of this thread? It has NONE. OP never bothered to learn any of the facts and, based on that original factually incorrect thread title, began yet another factually incorrect thread.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:33 PM

5,730 posts, read 2,190,327 times
I too question how and why this was leaked. I have theories similar to yours and hopefully we find out soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies