Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 10:03 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times

Advertisements

Lack of proper sentence structure in written communication today......it's a problem........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 10:09 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Lack of proper sentence structure in written communication today......it's a problem........
LOL, right?

Old 09-27-2018, 10:20 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Mock me all you want....but I've never seen such disrespect for the rights of others, and people texting and talking on the telephone...no none cares about hurting other people, it's me, me, me...attitude....

all kinds of crazy murders going on, that's all you hear about in Philly, but our leaders are not doing anything about it....babies and kids being shot on their bicycles.

Mock me, but if it happens in your neighborhood then it's a whole different ball game isn't it.

Just wait, until your generation of kids grow up to be adults, it's going to get worse.
Why I live in the country with a sign at the entrance to my driveway saying “This Sign Ranged For A .50”

No one bothers me.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:22 AM

23,973 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
No, I can't say I've ever written my elected officials to complain about working parents employing daycare for their children, or that people are texting in public. But I'm sure your letters go straight to the top of the pile, OP. I'll leave you to guess what that pile is.
I've written my state representatives. Every time I read about a child left in a school van. Most are dead when found. The daycare didn't notice they were not in the classroom. Happens too often.

And then a couple years ago, the state blessed an in home daycare. The provider was a young women who got her clients from her church. They all loved her until she put all the babies, toddlers and pre schoolers down for a nap then left for Target leaving a pot of hot oil on the turned on burner.

In many instances both parents have to work. In most instances they look for the cheapest daycare. IMO, that's a problem.

We do part time until the kids are old enough to be by themselves. And yes, they are part of the family so they partake in family life. That includes age appropriate chores. Nobody gets paid for doing work around the house. Nobody got paid for making decent grades. When the taxpayers provide one with an education, pay attention.

Creme, the military does not want compulsory service. The current bunch wants to let private troops get us out of Afghanistan. Eric Prince has been lobbying for that job a couple years.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:24 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,102 times
Quote:
It certainly is in my posts but english
is my fourth language so i do apologize about that.
I still have an overabundance of logic though.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:26 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
[quote=movedtothecoast;53203466]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I think it's time we become working adults again, working in our homes, our society...in other words, stop working to support a mega mansion, 60" tv's and electronics and spend more time with the kids....

you invest in a 401(k) don't you, why not invest in your kids as seriously and get your damn noses out of the phones....

Take a ride in the country with them, show them how to build a camp fire....make dinner over a fire, pitch a tent, let them get dirty....and give them some responsibility at home...make them clean their rooms, take them shopping and show them how, show them how to do the wash, cook, clean, weed the garden...get their butts out of the house, and make them go around the neighborhood looking for work, weeding gardens, helping the older people with their lawns, shovel snow....and show them how to work and not expect a pay check all the time. If they see a woman unpacking their cars with groceries, let them help her bring them in the house, and you as well....when I came home with the groceries, the boys would jump up and help me carry them in the house.

Teach them how to hold the door open for the person behind you....I see adults today who don't do that....

and oh, when your walking in a parking lot of walmart, put the phones away, if a car is backing out, stop and stop your kids, b/c that person in the car cannot always see you. Stop walking behind cars thinking they aren't going to back up?

Lets all work together...no one is going to do this for you, we all have to work together collectively....demand your community hires more policeman...to patrol...go to your township meetings...[/QU

I agree , there is an astounding lack of common sense
in people today , perhaps there always was but now there are more people and they are in my face every
day with their incompetence in simple task such as parking their own gd car in between two lines.
people like that always just expects others to adjust their attitude and life to fit their incompetence.
OP , don't hold your breath that this will improve but I have
always been one to speak up so you are not alone.
ps. the parking lot at walmart should be enough to prove to you that walmart
is not where the most competent people hang out.
I hope your right and it does get better.....

Well, where I live, you've got a combination, they are not all incompetent....believe me....lol

Old 09-27-2018, 10:27 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Why I live in the country with a sign at the entrance to my driveway saying “This Sign Ranged For A .50”

No one bothers me.
LOL

Old 09-27-2018, 10:34 AM

45,223 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Seems to be a natural consequence of team sports (D's vs. R's) and govt schooling.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:34 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Wow! I took my walk and enjoyed the fresh air and sunshine, sat down to finish ordering the gift for my newest cousin, and skimmed through the responses to this thread. It's all over the place, OP. Pick a topic and stick with it. You're angry about everything under the sun! That makes it very difficult to be productive with your time and effort. It's just futile fury. And are you at work and participating in this thread? Do you not have responsibilities to take care of there?

Last edited by randomparent; 09-27-2018 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 09-27-2018, 10:36 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
How did YOUR kids turn out, OP?

Model citizens, are they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies