Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you find Dr. Christine Blasey Ford’s testimony credible?
Yes 46 57.50%
No 34 42.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 12:20 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,672,549 times

Advertisements

She seemed specific in her recounts and believable in her testimony about her sexual assault by Kavanaugh. I believe her. How about you?

Old 09-27-2018, 12:23 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,952 times
I haven't seen it so don't know but Brett surely is telling unnecessary stories which are proven to be 'fake'. This makes him less credible even before he goes and testify. I have my doubts about this judge already.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:24 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
I don’t know.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:25 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times
Regardless of how believable she sounds, I don't know that I'm comfortable with the idea of a Supreme Court nomination being taken down because of one person's unsubstantiated allegations. If my post is in error regarding substantiation of testimony, please correct me. I've followed this only lightly and haven't delved super deep into the facts.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
She seemed specific in her recounts and believable in her testimony about her sexual assault by Kavanaugh. I believe her. How about you?
She read a script.
Looking down to read for answers to the democrats questions.
The lady questioning for the republican side saw it and asked at the end, which she denied. Then her lawyer is taping her on the shoulder, as she slipped up right at the end.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Regardless of how believable she sounds, I don't know that I'm comfortable with the idea of a Supreme Court nomination being taken down because of one person's unsubstantiated allegations. If my post is in error regarding substantiation of testimony, please correct me. I've followed this only lightly and haven't delved super deep into the facts.
All the other SCOTUS justices with the exception of Uncle Clarence didn’t have this problem.

Why is it far fetched that a privileged prep school boy behaved badly in a time when that type of behavior had wide sanction?

Old 09-27-2018, 12:31 PM

24,498 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Her testimony has certainly been moving, her delivery is uneasy, unsure and makes her appear as a frail victim despite her achievements in life and academia and the timing of all this has to be considered a political ploy.

I think something did happen to her at the party but I can't help but think about the countless women that have experienced worse in their lives and have been able to move on from it.

In the end I think Kavanough is done which is scary because if a guy can be convicted in the court of public opinion from an alleged incident at a drunken teenage party with no actual witness to the events of 30 plus years ago, is there a man out there that hasn't done something questionable in his past that could be misconstrued through and remembered incorrectly over decades?

I don't know how Kavanough can respond to this beyond "I don't recall".

Old 09-27-2018, 12:33 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Her testimony has certainly been moving, her delivery is uneasy, unsure and makes her appear as a frail victim despite her achievements in life and academia and the timing of all this has to be considered a political ploy.

I think something did happen to her at the party but I can't help but think about the countless women that have experienced worse in their lives and have been able to move on from it.

In the end I think Kavanough is done which is scary because if a guy can be convicted in the court of public opinion from an alleged incident at a drunken teenage party with no actual witness to the events of 30 plus years ago, is there a man out there that hasn't done something questionable in his past that could be misconstrued through and remembered incorrectly over decades?

I don't know how Kavanough can respond to this beyond "I don't recall".
yeah, bowel moving, vomit inducing

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Kavanaugh already has a pretty sweet job with a lifetime appointment as a federal judge.

I think I feel like I'm not comfortable with him being given the job if there's even the SLIGHTEST chance he did what she says he did.

There are, no doubt, plenty of other conservative judges who deserve a nomination and do NOT come with this degree of baggage and doubt.

1,715 posts, read 2,838,044 times
It's obvious she was traumatized at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies