Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2018, 10:22 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
No, I don’t want to live in that world and neither do most of the liberals I talk to. When it comes to Kavanaugh, he probably wasn’t the choir boy he portrayed himself as yesterday. He probably did grope Ford (not saying he did...but there’s enough evidence there to warrant an investigation which he totally opposes despite all of self righteous posturing). And you know what? The characters in top rated teen movies of that era did far worse. Holding Kavanaugh accountable is like holding someone accountable for racist jokes they told and laughed at in the 1950s in the late 1980s. That’s totally messed up. Kavanaugh was a product of his time. I wish he would have said something along those lines and said if he did do what Ford thinks he did he’s sorry. Instead, he did what conservative Christians do so well and lied with fury and indignation ... how DARE anyone question his impeccable virtue! Why he believes in, fears, and worships a fictional character!

really? where is all this great evidence against kavanaugh in this? of five accusations that have been leveled at kavanaugh, only ford has any possibility of credibility, and she has NO corroborating witnesses, in fact two guys came forward and claimed they did the deed and not kavanaugh. yet they have been completely ignored.

there are so many things in the kavanaugh accusations that are suspect, that they are not credible even in the tiny minds of the democrats, despite what they say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Trump should have the FBI investigate how this poor woman's complaint was handled by Feinstein. Got a big kick out of the "civic duty" verbage of her testimony meanwhile Feinstein failed to forward a attempted rape complaint for over a month. Guess "civic duty" played no roll in that....lmao
what kind of monster would do that to her?

oh well, send Feinstein back to the Senate for another 6 year term so she can celebrate her 91 birthday in office.

not just feinstein either, the FBI should investigate the rest of the senate committee democrats for conspiracy in this issue.

Quote:
Nope, and the repeated statements that being asked questions for a few hours is the same as an FBI investigation is laughable. His indignation couldn’t hide his fear of the truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
The Montgomery County PD has jurisdiction. By now you know that.

Continuing to repeat the FBI mantra amounts to a falsehood. If you need a falsehood to prove your "point' then you have lost the argument.

Ford can shut this whole thing down by going to the MoCo PD and filing a complaint. The MoCo PD has said they will investigate.

You know that, yet you continue to demand something that you know is out of order. That is dishonest. But then again kangaroo courts are the result of dishonesty.

sorry westcobb but moth is right, the FBI does not investigate local crimes. that is the purview of the local police departments. or would you rather have one big national police department that will abuse your rights and basically give us one big police state? or do you want the FBI to become the gestapo where they can just declare someone guilty of any crime just because, and then shoot them on the spot?

Old 09-28-2018, 10:23 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,369,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
It's Trump who wants to be dictator. It's Trump who wants to serve unlimited terms. It's the GOP who STOLE this SCJ nomination and hearing from the Obama administration. Deal with reality and get back to us.

See "Biden Rule" regarding SCJ appointments in an election year, then get back to us. It's really tiresome when Democrats set a precedent, then scream when it is used against them.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:39 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
sorry westcobb but moth is right, the FBI does not investigate local crimes.
It does investigate what the Senate asks it to investigate. Kavanaugh pretends he’s outraged, outraged I tell ya, that anyone would suggest he groped a girl in 1982! Oh great, well then let’s do an investigation to clear his good name. Well, uh, about that....

Come on dude. The Republican lies are becoming easier and easier to see through. I remember when you’all had enough respect for our intelligence to at least make the lie believable.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:43 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
It does investigate what the Senate asks it to investigate. Kavanaugh pretends he’s outraged, outraged I tell ya, that anyone would suggest he groped a girl in 1982! Oh great, well then let’s do an investigation to clear his good name. Well, uh, about that....

Come on dude. The Republican lies are becoming easier and easier to see through. I remember when you’all had enough respect for our intelligence to at least make the lie believable.
Memo to WestCobb:

There are Democrats in the Senate. Think about it.

Do I need to post the Montgomery County Police statement yet again? Are you going to keep pretending you have not read it?

And you call us liars.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:54 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What does she have to gain.
This is an attack against Christians. The left despises Christians, Christianity.

GoFundMe campaigns have raised more than $500,000 to cover Blasey Ford's costs
There are reports that it is over $750,000 now but I stuck with a leftists news link that I know the left will believe.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/27/gofu...ord-costs.html

Women are calling in reporting their rape experiences saying they remember every detail, what music is playing etc.

Professor Ford is lying in my opinion.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:54 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:

sorry my friend, but the FBI is NOT at the beck and call of the senate. they are not a national police force that investigates local crimes on the whim of the senate.

as for the rest of your post, lets examine that shall we? feinstein lied when she said she was concerned about fords privacy, rubbish. feinstein launched this at the very last minute, even though she could have given it to the FBI to include in their background check of kavanaugh, and she didnt. she could have asked kavanaugh when she sat down with him behind closed doors when she interviewed him, and she didnt.

dr ford is a democrat operative, and while she may have been attacked, she has no credible evidence that kavanaugh did the attack, and her laim becomes even more suspect when two guys have come forward and said they attacked ford and that kavanaugh had nothing to do with it. so lets look at this shall we? no witnesses supporting fords allegations, in fact one witness says it never happened like she said, and two people coming forward saying they did the deed and not kavanaugh.

Old 09-28-2018, 11:09 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Feinstein released Ford's name.

Megyn Kelly says so at about the 1:50 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixg69xjQ5dE

Old 09-28-2018, 11:13 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Ford testimony yesterday was exceptionally good proof.
LOL!

Old 09-28-2018, 11:14 AM

301 posts, read 189,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
This is an attack against Christians. The left despises Christians, Christianity.
No it isn't and no they don't.

The left does, however, despise the bastardized version of Christianity that's popular in the United States today. The left despises Christians who use their religious beliefs to attempt to control the choices of others. The left despises the version of Christianity that hides its hatred, intolerance, and bigotry behind "religious freedom."

I'm a leftist and I'm a Christian. I despise the people who call themselves Christian and behave in a way that Jesus would be ashamed of. Try again.

Old 09-28-2018, 11:16 AM

1,183 posts, read 708,705 times
Kauvanagh is damaged goods. No need to proceed with him, there are a 1000 other republican judges qualified to be on the Supreme Ct.

In 1998 he outlined in a memo explicitly and lewd sexual questions he thought should be asked of president Clinton in the independent investigation. Nothing that would advance national interests, nor justice. Simply lurid, lewd and, significantly, prurient. He's obviously got sexual skeletons in the closet. He's a bit $%#Ed up. His "good name" - indeed.

Lets move on to the next nominee. President Trump already had a shortlist, they should just get it out the desk.

Last edited by Chint; 09-28-2018 at 11:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies