Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2018, 11:21 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,671,795 times

Advertisements

All I'm hearing is the ends justify the means for both sides. I generally side with the Democrats because I like their world view better but by no means do I agree with them all the time. Anyone trying to bring up legality, precedent or any other reason to justify his or her side is just being hypocritical. If the tables were turned, the two parties have no problems at all with switching to the opposing strategy.

Also I find this entire presumption of innocence argument quite strange. Noone is arguing for Kavanaugh to go to jail. They are arguing for him not to get the job. In the professional world, people are not hired for unexplained gaps in their resume, social media posts and other more trivial things. There is no presumption of innocence play there either.

Old 09-28-2018, 11:24 AM

1,183 posts, read 708,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
All I'm hearing is the ends justify the means for both sides. I generally side with the Democrats because I like their world view better but by no means do I agree with them all the time. Anyone trying to bring up legality, precedent or any other reason to justify his or her side is just being hypocritical. If the tables were turned, the two parties have no problems at all with switching to the opposing strategy.

Also I find this entire presumption of innocence argument quite strange. Noone is arguing for Kavanaugh to go to jail. They are arguing for him not to get the job. In the professional world, people are not hired for unexplained gaps in their resume, social media posts and other more trivial things. There is no presumption of innocence play there either.

In any event, Presumption of innocence is a legal jury standard. It does not apply outside the court room. Its got nothing to do with a non-court hearing.

If you come home and ask which of your kids spilled the cheerios all over the floor and one tells you he did it, pointing, while they are both standing there I guess half the people here would scream "presumption of innocence"

Like the presumption of innocence all the same people here gave Hilary Clinton in the Benghazi fiasco no doubt.

Its a term thrown around by people who do not even know what it means.

Old 09-28-2018, 11:25 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:

Really?

I don't recall that Republicans sat on a case for months and brought in the uncorroborated case in the last minute trying to derail the confirmation of the Wise Latina and Kagan.

Maybe they should learn from the Democraps.

Old 09-28-2018, 11:27 AM

1,183 posts, read 708,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I don't recall that Republicans sat on a case for months and brought in the uncorroborated case in the last minute trying to derail a confirmation.
You're right, they just refused to proceed period with Garland. That would be a delay ad infinitum. The most successful derailing in history.

And what do you mean uncorroborated?
Are we living in Sharia law society where a woman's rape or sexual assault allegation needs corroboration by 4 male witnesses?

Old 09-28-2018, 11:27 AM

27,565 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Ford testimony yesterday was exceptionally good proof.
I have heard alien abduction stories that are more believable than Christine Ford's testimony.

Like Senator Kennedy said, this is an intergalactic freak show.

Old 09-28-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chint View Post
You're right, they just refused to proceed period with Garland. That would be a delay ad infinitum. The most successful derailing in history.
It's called the Biden Rule. Again, Democraps.

Old 09-28-2018, 11:29 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:

You might want to break out that high school civics book.

We are talking about the Judicial Branch (SCOTUS) and the Legislative (Congress). The Presumption of Innocence is a pillar of both institutions.

I find it strange that you find it strange. And just a little bit scary.

Old 09-28-2018, 11:30 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's not so much the allegations, it's about him possibly lying. He had 3 maybe 4 talking points today and he didn't deviate from them. And he didn't answer many of the questions. He was belligerent and obviously not bipartisan. He showed his true colors when he attacked democrats for conspiring against him along with the Clintons. I wonder who schooled him on this narrative I don't want someone like this to be on our highest court because he will bring a black cloud to it. And honestly, I didn't believe him
So you can't call out partisan witchhunts as such without being labelled a partisan by the people conducting the witchhunt.

The "narrative" is simply the truth.

The reason is the left is threatened by their reign of judicial terror and activism coming to an end.

But it must. It has to. We cannot have activist judges in this nation. It does not work.

Old 09-28-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chint View Post

And what do you mean uncorroborated?
Are we living in Sharia law society where a woman's rape of sexual assault allegation needs corroboration by 5, male, witnesses?
We are not living in a Sharia law society. Our society requires the presumption of innocence for everybody, Democraps included.

The burden of the proof is on the accuser not the accused.

Old 09-28-2018, 11:32 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
I wonder what these same people would think if they were the ones being accused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies