Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 12:36 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,581,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The children were abused both physically and sexually, one was beaten to death with a golf club.

It also wasn't just in Ireland, one of the homes is in Scotland, and there has been problems relating to abuse in many religions across the world.

12 people have been arrested including nuns in Scotland.

In the link you provided:
"common in that period when nuns were the doctors and caregivers"

It goes back to 1894
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2018, 04:43 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,007,511 times
Once again Brave New World seems to be the only poster that backs up what he/she says with links and facts. Everybody else just spewing hatred, gossip and heresay! Are we to believe all Catholics are paedophiles or that all Muslims are suicide bombers? If Tommy whoever he is wants to stay out of jail he simply needs to obey the law. As for Muslims, Jews, Catholics or whatever, if I had my way I would ban the lot of em because religion is poppycock, the bible, the koran or any religous book is not the word of god, its just words of men that seem to think they know what 'god' wants! The world would be a MUCH better place if religion was simply banned.

Old 10-02-2018, 05:51 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,839,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Once again Brave New World seems to be the only poster that backs up what he/she says with links and facts. Everybody else just spewing hatred, gossip and heresay! Are we to believe all Catholics are paedophiles or that all Muslims are suicide bombers? If Tommy whoever he is wants to stay out of jail he simply needs to obey the law. As for Muslims, Jews, Catholics or whatever, if I had my way I would ban the lot of em because religion is poppycock, the bible, the koran or any religous book is not the word of god, its just words of men that seem to think they know what 'god' wants! The world would be a MUCH better place if religion was simply banned.
You forgot to post links and facts to back up what you are spewing.

Old 10-03-2018, 03:48 AM

27,117 posts, read 13,407,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
In the link you provided:
"common in that period when nuns were the doctors and caregivers"

It goes back to 1894

The Scottish home closed in 1981, hence the 12 arrests by the police, whist the one in Ireland was a Magdalen Laundry which were operational until the 1990's.

The Catholic Church has abuse claims against right across the world, and other religions try to sweep abuse under the carpet. This is not unique to any one religion.

Last edited by Brave New World; 10-03-2018 at 03:58 AM..

Old 03-08-2019, 08:16 AM

27,117 posts, read 13,407,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That is great! Why is Tommy Robinson not allowed a jury hearing? It has been forbidden, for fear of jury nullification.

Like I said, they do not have jury nullification here(in this high profile case).
I did continually try to get it across that Robinsons case was being reviewed by the Attorney General, and that he hadn't been acquitted or found innocent.

It has been recently announced that Robinson will now face a new trial at the High Court on the 22nd March. If found guilty he faces up to 2 years in prison.

Tommy Robinson faces new contempt hearing - BBC News

Tommy Robinson faces new contempt of court proceedings - Sky News

Tommy Robinson to face fresh contempt of court proceedings | The Guardian

Tommy Robinson could face up to two years in prison in fresh contempt of court proceedings - The Independent.

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-08-2019 at 08:24 AM..

Old 03-08-2019, 10:02 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,344,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Thank you for watching the video in full. Nobody can listen to Tommy tell his story without realising he speaks the truth. He is no right wing fanatic, just a man who has seen what has happened to his home town, in his quite short life.

I saw the same thing happen in my home town Oldham, over a period of about 35 years, until I left it in 2000. I got out just before the Muslim riots. I watched with interest on television, as the Muslims taunted the police, throwing petrol bombs outside the very church my children went to when boy scouts ten years before.

In the video, Tommy said he has had that talk with his wife and children. If he is killed, he wants them to know why he did what he did. The British government fear him. Their tactics to silence him are not working, and he is gaining attention around the world. They thought all the laws they have brought out for decades, to cow, and silence the white British, were enough. They didn't expect someone like Tommy to refuse to be silenced, no matter what they do to him.
Nah. He's just a common criminal, period. I don't get the fascination of US rightwingers who make him a cause celebre - maybe because Islamophobes want to rally behind each other? He's certainly a very flawed character to be a poster boy for any political idelogy.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I did continually try to get it across that Robinsons case was being reviewed by the Attorney General, and that he hadn't been acquitted or found innocent.

It has been recently announced that Robinson will now face a new trial at the High Court on the 22nd March. If found guilty he faces up to 2 years in prison.

Tommy Robinson faces new contempt hearing - BBC News

Tommy Robinson faces new contempt of court proceedings - Sky News

Tommy Robinson to face fresh contempt of court proceedings | The Guardian

Tommy Robinson could face up to two years in prison in fresh contempt of court proceedings - The Independent.

They keep dropping charges that won't stick and adding new ones to harass him with. Malicious Prosecution.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:40 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,820,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
He is a career criminal that gets off on inciting hate. So of course he is a certain type of persons hero.

Yep. Maybe he can get a group rate in a prison cell if he shares it with Assange. Two trouble makers who need to finally be called for their actions.

Old 05-21-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
He is a career criminal that gets off on inciting hate. So of course he is a certain type of persons hero.
So were George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and James Madison, to the then King.

They seem to be remembered as Heroic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies