Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 07:55 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
This is expected, the dems need to spin their absolute lunacy during this disaster where they have gone to all new lows.

The dems have turned the confirmation process into smear campaigns so vile, many Americans are completely appalled.

It looks like Kavanaugh will be confirmed, and the dems have destroyed all decency within this process for nothing.
I didn't realize Dems were in the room that night with Ford and Kavanaugh. The Dems didn't start this, just so you know, regardless of what Trump calls them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2018, 07:57 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
What rush? This confirmation process has been longer than any other in recent history and more documents have been available than the previous 4 nominees combined.

I’m actually glad there will be a 7th FBI investigation, as it will prove that there is nothing in his background. Of course, the Democrats have already made up their minds, so it will change nothing. But it will deflate their narrative even more.

Simply put, there is zero corroborating evidence to provide any of these accusations and no, we cannot believe any person, msn or woman who makes such a claim when there are zero witnesses and zero evidence.
Personally, all I wanted to see was another FBI investigation into these current allegations. If nothing is proven, nothing is proven. However, that being said, I still believe he doesn't have the temperament to be a Supreme Court judge.

Old 09-28-2018, 08:36 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
want to bet? the house is done for the republicans already for January for the Reps and the election has not happened yet... I love how you have so much support for your reasoning too

i love this, remember 2016 when hillary was a shoe in for the presidency? well thats all you can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Democrats still believe in basic decency, Republicans do not. Democrats need to accept reality that they are dealing with a deeply corrupt, ideological mob who will not work with them no matter what.

if democrats truly believed in basic decency, then they would have brought dr ford forward much earlier in the nomination process instead of at the last minute. they would also have given kavanaugh due respect for an appellate court judge with kavanaughs record.

instead they chose to slander him at every opportunity. sorry odanny, but the democrats are the evil in the congress these days.

Old 09-29-2018, 01:23 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I didn't realize Dems were in the room that night with Ford and Kavanaugh. The Dems didn't start this, just so you know, regardless of what Trump calls them.
Ummm...yeah they did, when they stared at the start that they would fight whoever trump nominated, then made a curcus if the hearing, refused to investigate assault claims against ellison when there are 911 tapes and dr reports, and then held fords letter and never questioned BK either in private or notifying committee when it was received. This is purely a delay tactic.

Old 09-29-2018, 04:51 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Weiner is in jail and he never even met the girl. Clearly, Kavanaugh did.
"Clearly, Kavanaugh did" CLEARLY, really.

Ford's OWN BEST FRIEND and 1 of her "witness's, who she says was there DENYS BEING THERE AND DOES NOT KNOW KAVANAUGH.

CLEARLY your the typical dem who IGNORES the truth in order to get what you want.

If your TV was on during the hearing, you were asleep!

"Weiner is in jail"

What about the other 2? Why did you IGNORE THEM?

Booker ADMITTED to sexually assaulting awoman, Where is HIS investigation. Why isn't he IN JAIL?

The dems are kings of the double standard!

Old 09-29-2018, 09:35 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
I would just advise both sides to use WHATEVER means necessary to get the win, that is what is most important to me...........forget nicey-nice.

Please can the "Our friends across the aisle" BS. If you mean that, I guess you are my enemy >>>>>>>>>>>>>> "The friends of my enemies are my enemies".

Old 09-29-2018, 09:42 AM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post

[i]"Call it the McConnell Rule: Might makes right. Having the power to do something is sufficient reason to do it."
Obama started it, as "Elections have consequences" was his manner to act like he could rule over all elected officials w/o heir consent. He executed the strategy via record numbers of Executive Orders.

McConnell has been too constrained IMO. The final Kavanaugh vote should have happened Monday, 10/1.

Give Ford until noon 09-30 to produce a 1982 New Haven, CT police report on her allegations, and vote Monday if she fails to.

Old 09-29-2018, 10:04 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,106,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Dems aren't getting any majorities or the WH any time soon after everything they have done recently.
Don’t hold your breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies