Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 09:18 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,643,053 times

Advertisements

Today's American psyche has two main pathological flaws which help explain the current situation with Judge Kavanaugh and the #MeToo and #TimeIsUp movements:
1) The bastardization of heroism: The most basic and normal actions that any good-natured and sensible human being should undertake as a matter of ordinary decency and manifest responsibility as a member of society are now labeled as heroic.
Any individual performing a deed within the boundaries set-forth in the paragraph above is heralded a hero, lauded, admired and recognized by their community as a whole. The disastrous consequence of this wholesale hero-labeling is that many people noticing the reaction that their fellow "hero" citizens receive, crave and wish to get the same type of attention, reward and recognition.
Another compounding factor, which is perhaps the most tragic of all, is the fact that not only trivial and ordinary actions are called heroic, but that behaviors and/or deeds that are anathema to the hero ethos are characterized as such.
Fellow humans who seek attention and crave being rewarded -think of them as Pavlovian hounds, or dopamine addicts, are willing to do anything, to be stamped with the hero moniker by their compatriots.
2) The victim complex: Perhaps one of the most egregious creations of the Frankfurt School deviants that have almost succeeded in destroying the West. Sadly this cancer that was for a while confined only to the US, has spread to many other countries in the world. Many decades ago, being a victim was nothing to be proud of. On the contrary, gloating about being a victim was often met with scoffs, ridicule and contempt.
The West's well-meaning obsession of rooting for the underdog and correcting the wrongs of the past -real or imaginary- has caused that being a victim is now something to be proud of.The victim status places the individual beyond the boundaries of any scrutiny or criticism.
If you're a victim you are admired, sympathized with, receive preferential treatment and are even treated with deference. This is why many strive to obtain their victim credentials, at any cost if one might add, so that that they can take advantage of the perks that come with these -should we mention all the hate crimes that turn out to be self-inflicted?
Most troubling of all is the fact that today, the mere allegation that something happened somewhere is enough to call one of the parties involved a victim, therefore elevating them to a position which they're beyond any reproach, and the simple action of questioning or looking into the facts of the purported incident is immediately characterized as a despicable attack on the victim itself.
The modern trivialization of victimhood is a clear disservice to all real victims around the globe. Not every victim is falsifying the facts, but not every one is telling the truth either, which is why one of the pillars of our justice system is the fact that the accused is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Furthermore, the burden of proof rests on the accuser, not the accused.

During the Ford-Kavanaugh hearing, we heard how Senate Democrats called Dr. Ford a hero and a victim. Hero for what one might ask? For doing what she labelled herself as her civic duty? Victim of what? The reality is that her claim wouldn't make it to trial would she file a criminal complaint against Kavanaugh with law enforcement. How can she be a victim of something that has not been proved and most likely cannot ever be proved?
What's her motivation, the Left asks us. She has nothing to gain and all to lose! Her life has been upended! We're told.
It's my sincere belief that the pathologies I described above are among the reasons why this wretched woman made up this whole story. Based on her testimony one can tell she craves attention, pity and truly enjoys being treated as a victim. Most likely she suffers of low self-esteem issues, which she compensates by making up stories in order to elicit sympathy from those around her, including her husband.
Dr. Ford's life is far from being upended or destroyed. Whether the FBI investigation finds additional facts that help prove or disprove her story, it won't matter. She will forever be called a hero and a victim by half of this nation. She will go on to make big bucks -right now she has raised over $700k through different GoFundMe campaigns, will have book deals, get paid interviews and even land movie deals.
Judge Kavanaugh's life on the other hand has been forever upended. Half of this nation will call him a rapist. Any resemblance of normalcy in his life has forever disappeared. Even if he's confirmed, violent leftist will forever hound him wherever he goes, and he and his family will be harassed every time they step out in public.
This is the world we all live in. Straight out of 1984.

Last edited by Angel Calzadilla; 09-29-2018 at 10:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2018, 09:34 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,219,897 times
Excellent post. I would add that the education system has created this.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:49 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Bastardization - hmm....sounds a little like a dog whistle. I see what you did there.

But, for some reason, the divorce rate is going down. The crime rate HAS gone down to about 1/2. The decent states are doing very well by all metrics (life span, income, education, health)....

There is a large part of the USA that is 2nd world. But it's generally not where education, high income and innovation are King......

As to your Hero worship rant....well, I can agree on this much...Have you noticed that every Military Member is a hero? Every one, dead or alive. Every one, whether they did anything much or anything at all...even those who did horrible things that no one knows about. Snipers are now heroes.

Now...this WOULD be the case if 10 Million Russians had landed on our soil and Snipers were taking them out. But, to quote an actual situation from the past, pushing a button in Tampa or 1,000 miles away from an action to send a cruise missile on its way is not really heroism.....or at least not the kind I would consider such.

Heroes are few and far between. But that's certainly not a left or right thing...if anything it is more prevalent on the right side of the aisle. ALL LE are heroes. Yep, even if you sit behind a desk all day or are part of the (many) that steal stuff. Heroes all.

This lefty has always thought the real heroes are the people who spend their lives - usually silently - helping others 24/7/365. A dedicated nurse, a dedicated mother or father....for example. Lots of other examples. This is 1000X as hard as cruising around fully armed looking for trouble.

I respect good LE. I respect the basic idea that we need people who WOULD sacrifice, if called upon, to protect us (whether LE or Military). But it's hard to call them ALL heroes when most of our wars have been "of choice" and losing at that....

But this, in addition to big money bonuses and a poor economy, does help more people sign up.

Once again we have backwards bizzarro world. The same people who tell us parents have created it...or that welfare has created it....or all kinds of other reasons, now tell us "education" has created it. Lack of prayer in schools has created it too.......

Let me tell you what has created this......

1. Corporate control and propaganda.
2. LACK of education about many things, including sex and substance abuse
3. Celebration of lack of education - like "I love the uneducated".....and the Marlboro Man is my ideal.
4. Citizens United and similar situtations which mutated off of #1.

Those pretty much cover it.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:08 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,552,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
The rot of leftism at work.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:00 PM

17,542 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Probably the best CD post that I have ever read. Thanks Angel

The educational system, the media and social media, along with a big does of George Soros, et al. have caused thi split in our country.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:44 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Probably the best CD post that I have ever read. Thanks Angel

The educational system, the media and social media, along with a big does of George Soros, et al. have caused thi split in our country.
Those bass turds !!! Track the scat and it leads right to the demoncrats.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:46 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
According to Johnathan haidt. The stuff we see in our education system stems from 30 years of over parenting which has created the call out culture.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:56 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
By all means Republicans, keep calling education elitist and avoid college. Become a coal miner. Good life lessons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Yes, education system = bad. Trump University = good.

Trump never uses Twitter.

Sheldon Adelson spends four times as much on Republicans as George Soros spends on Democrats. $82M vs. $21M.

Fox News is perfectly balanced.

Old 09-30-2018, 01:55 AM

4,515 posts, read 2,520,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Bastardization - hmm....sounds a little like a dog whistle. I see what you did there.

But, for some reason, the divorce rate is going down. The crime rate HAS gone down to about 1/2. The decent states are doing very well by all metrics (life span, income, education, health)....

There is a large part of the USA that is 2nd world. But it's generally not where education, high income and innovation are King......

As to your Hero worship rant....well, I can agree on this much...Have you noticed that every Military Member is a hero? Every one, dead or alive. Every one, whether they did anything much or anything at all...even those who did horrible things that no one knows about. Snipers are now heroes.

Now...this WOULD be the case if 10 Million Russians had landed on our soil and Snipers were taking them out. But, to quote an actual situation from the past, pushing a button in Tampa or 1,000 miles away from an action to send a cruise missile on its way is not really heroism.....or at least not the kind I would consider such.

Heroes are few and far between. But that's certainly not a left or right thing...if anything it is more prevalent on the right side of the aisle. ALL LE are heroes. Yep, even if you sit behind a desk all day or are part of the (many) that steal stuff. Heroes all.

This lefty has always thought the real heroes are the people who spend their lives - usually silently - helping others 24/7/365. A dedicated nurse, a dedicated mother or father....for example. Lots of other examples. This is 1000X as hard as cruising around fully armed looking for trouble.

I respect good LE. I respect the basic idea that we need people who WOULD sacrifice, if called upon, to protect us (whether LE or Military). But it's hard to call them ALL heroes when most of our wars have been "of choice" and losing at that....

But this, in addition to big money bonuses and a poor economy, does help more people sign up.

Once again we have backwards bizzarro world. The same people who tell us parents have created it...or that welfare has created it....or all kinds of other reasons, now tell us "education" has created it. Lack of prayer in schools has created it too.......

Let me tell you what has created this......

1. Corporate control and propaganda.
2. LACK of education about many things, including sex and substance abuse
3. Celebration of lack of education - like "I love the uneducated".....and the Marlboro Man is my ideal.
4. Citizens United and similar situtations which mutated off of #1.

Those pretty much cover it.
Igual te Word badtardization upsets you, you probably think "*****rdly" is a racial slur.

Old 09-30-2018, 02:09 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,493 times
I always love these little rants. You know what nasty little issue keeps popping up?
What if he did it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies