Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How long should sentence be-fase rape accusations?
1 to 5 years 25 39.68%
6 to 10 years 22 34.92%
11 to 25 years 5 7.94%
11 to 25 years, NO parole possible 11 17.46%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 08:05 AM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Yes, but generally not enforced in rape accusation cases. So new laws would promote the actual enforcement.
Because very few false accusations go any further than an accusation, not arrest, no trial, no conviction, no jail time for the accused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2018, 08:09 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And those came to 25 (when I did a search for rape false accusation) since 1989. And the woman/children were actually raped/assaulted, yes. The justice system, law enforcement, prosecutors, forensics, expert witnesses, jury, judge failed.
And the average jail time spent for rape is 4.5 years. And we have cases where the rapist spend less than a year.
Our Justice system is bought and sold....and often wrong.

But even if it was the best in the world (in writing it is, in practice not so much) there would be problems. Humans are involved.

I have a in-law who murdered her 2nd Husband. Shot him point blank in the belly with a handgun. Drugs, booze...and she had other charges pending for all kinds of "blow" stuff, like smuggling. Right out of a movie.

She got 3 years and was in a 1/2 way house holding down a job in 18 months. By the time she left the 1/2 way house she was in a high position in the (job) org.

That's the way of the world. Circumstances? In NJ they called this a "crime of passion". I think the 3 years was min. because it had a gun. She was found guilty. With the other charges and some known facts it was obvious she was not an angel. But she was extremely smart and attractive....like as smart as any man or woman I've even met and as pretty as most models. Hard working too.

Anyway, that's the story. So the rape time is pretty serious 4.5 - but it always depends on the rape. Violence is a matter of degree, even under the law.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:19 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Whatever the penalty usually is for lying under oath.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Our Justice system is bought and sold....and often wrong.

But even if it was the best in the world (in writing it is, in practice not so much) there would be problems. Humans are involved.

I have a in-law who murdered her 2nd Husband. Shot him point blank in the belly with a handgun. Drugs, booze...and she had other charges pending for all kinds of "blow" stuff, like smuggling. Right out of a movie.

She got 3 years and was in a 1/2 way house holding down a job in 18 months. By the time she left the 1/2 way house she was in a high position in the (job) org.

That's the way of the world. Circumstances? In NJ they called this a "crime of passion". I think the 3 years was min. because it had a gun. She was found guilty. With the other charges and some known facts it was obvious she was not an angel. But she was extremely smart and attractive....like as smart as any man or woman I've even met and as pretty as most models. Hard working too.

Anyway, that's the story. So the rape time is pretty serious 4.5 - but it always depends on the rape. Violence is a matter of degree, even under the law.
Exactly, yet some posters want to blame it all on false accusations. These exoneration brought up by a poster were due to wrongful convictions based on faulty testimony, faulty eye witness testimony, faulty evidence, bad police work and not doing their due diligence by the system in general, not because a rape wasn't committed or the victim purposely lied about it to destroy someones life.

Old 10-02-2018, 11:50 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
This liar only got 45 days:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ail/716950002/

How much time do you all think she should get? She dragged 4 peoples names through the mud:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/36569...aign=dwtwitter

Old 10-02-2018, 11:57 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
And yet hundreds of thousands of rape kits sit on the shelf unprocessed. Those convicted have been exonerated due to bad DNA evidence.
And what about when he says it was consensual, doesn't matter if there is DNA. What if the victim cant identify her attacker, no one to match DNA to.
How many convictions are a result of DNA evidence obtained for a rape kit?

You said filing a false report should be a life sentence because the intent is to destroy a person. How many of the 2% of false or unproven reports end in conviction? Keep in mind only 16% of of the 40% of reported rapes end in conviction and the average jail time spent in 4.5 years. So what is the result of most false reports. They never even get to an arrest. Hardly destroying a person.

So do we do away with intent in other criminal cases? Should the reason or circumstances not come into play or justify the actions? Extenuating circumstance like physical/mental abuse, insanity, duress, torture, kidnapping, mental disorders or age would not be taken into account. Then killing someone in self defense, manslaughter, wrongful death would be the same as pre-meditated murder. A 15 year old girl who lied to her parents because she was afraid she would get in trouble for being out late and her parents file a statutory rape report against her boyfriend, the 15 year old girl should spend the rest of her life in jail. What about rape cases that end in conviction on eyewitness account of a third party. Should the witness go to jail for life, what about the jury and judge, prosecutors?
This has been a huge problem in Memphis. I still don't think they have resolved it.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:33 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
The same as a rape conviction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Shifty beat me to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I think it should carry the same as a rape conviction or lesser but with monetary damages.
An eye for an eye and then some to boot for the inconvenience

Old 10-02-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

How much time do you all think she should get? She dragged 4 peoples names through the mud:

In the first link no one was named or arrested.
Second, dragged names through the mud. They spent what ~4 days in jail before they were released, there was no trial, how did she drag their names through the mud.
The penalty for filing a false report is maximum 7 years depending on the circumstances. Without hearing all the evidence it would be hard to judge how much time she should get. The men spent less than a week in jail from what I can gather so according to some, a week.
I dont understand why the paper printed the accused names but all articles say an unidentified woman.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:56 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
In the first link no one was named or arrested.
Second, dragged names through the mud. They spent what ~4 days in jail before they were released, there was no trial, how did she drag their names through the mud.
The penalty for filing a false report is maximum 7 years depending on the circumstances. Without hearing all the evidence it would be hard to judge how much time she should get. The men spent less than a week in jail from what I can gather so according to some, a week.
I dont understand why the paper printed the accused names but all articles say an unidentified woman.
Disgusting response.

First of all, they were released on their own recognizance, it didn't mean that they were free to go wherever they wanted, etc.

Second, it's not how much time they spent in jail, it's the fact that their names were dragged through the mud with her lies. People's lives have been ruined by this, and you think it's no big deal because "they spent what ~4 days in jail".

Their names and faces were plastered in the news:

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/...s-strip-hotel/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tel-suite.html

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...s-vegas-hotel/

https://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/video/...-in-las-vegas/

https://abc7.com/4-socal-dentists-ac...sault/3872009/

Etc, etc, etc.

This is the entire fricken point. Just the accusation alone can destroy someone's life. And you think it's no big deal because, meh, they spent 4 days in jail.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:01 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

So in the second article, she had intoxicated sex with 4 men she did not know, who videotaped the incident.

That comes very, very close to cases that are prosecuted and the men sent to prison.

In cases of false rape, it becomes so difficult to determine what is the truth.

If you can prove the guy was on the other side of town when she said it occurred, that's one thing and that's crystal clear.

A woman having unpaid sex while drunk with four men she doesn't know and they videotape it is in a truly grey area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies