Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 05:25 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,801 times

Advertisements

update, A poll from veteran WA pollster Stuart Elway shows the initiative passing with 59%.
https://crosscut.com/2018/10/washing...oints-new-poll

That sounds good, but he says that initiatives often drop in support as the election nears. I think it's generally tougher to get a yes vote than a no, because in case of uncertainty, people tend to vote no on initiatives. I 594, a gun background check initiative from 2014, was reportedly polling at 70% yes at this same point, but passed by only 59%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 05:44 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
update, A poll from veteran WA pollster Stuart Elway shows the initiative passing with 59%.
https://crosscut.com/2018/10/washing...oints-new-poll

That sounds good, but he says that initiatives often drop in support as the election nears. I think it's generally tougher to get a yes vote than a no, because in case of uncertainty, people tend to vote no on initiatives. I 594, a gun background check initiative from 2014, was reportedly polling at 70% yes at this same point, but passed by only 59%.
We can only hope that for the sake of Washingtonians the residents realize how bad the initiative is.

Old 10-16-2018, 05:46 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
This is a standard term that has been in use for a long time by authoritative voices, including the New York Times.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/18/b...ing-goods.html

Trust me, the NYT has the most-knowledgeable, best educated editors and writers in the world. They would not use terminology that was not 100% correct. Above you can see that they even used the term in the headline.
So in otherwords I'm right, a media coined buzz phrase for the lemmings.

Quote:
Here is another example:

Local View: Assault-style weapons a threat to 'we the people' | Duluth News Tribune

Quote:
In the world as I know it, especially embracing Christianity and the moral teachings of the Bible, there is no place for individuals to sport assault-style weapons. I've heard various defenses of these weapons, appealing to the Second Amendment. One woman said, "They're fun!" I would posit that her "fun" is a threat to the wellbeing of "We the people."
The Duluth News Tribune is a highly respected newspaper founded in 1869, almost 150 years ago.
Oh?

Old 10-16-2018, 05:50 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
So in otherwords I'm right, a media coined buzz phrase for the lemmings.

Oh?

Very interesting lower, I do like it. Was that custom ordered, or was that a 80% lower that you finished in that fashion?

Old 10-16-2018, 06:01 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,046,591 times
For years I have hunted with my LIBERAL friend.

I always teased him about shooting a semi-auto shotgun. It has been almost 20 years now and have not gotten him to switch to a side by side double.

I even told him, that he could switch to a over and under double. That would at least be better than one of those new fangled semi-auto’s, but NO he was emanored with his semi-auto.

So I just told him I am voting for the inititiative just so he will have to get rid of his semi-auto!!!

He got mad. Went into a rant about how stupid the initiative was, etc. etc.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:01 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
Very interesting lower, I do like it. Was that custom ordered, or was that a 80% lower that you finished in that fashion?
$1500 rifle from Spikes.
Nickel Boron BCG and trigger clean up is a breeze! Brush a little Rotella T6 (synthetic diesel oil it is designed to wick carbon) and wipe off with a rag. Red dot and foregrip sold separately.

I have a few custom lowers. Here's one.
SpaceForce Space Shuttle Door Gunner.

Markings are standby engage brrrrttttt

Have a Mattis lower coming, 2 Wall AR10 lowers coming, Thanksgiving and Christmas lower coming. May have a Kavanaugh, and KEK lower in the works.

Old 10-17-2018, 02:54 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,734,101 times
"I credit an influx of all knowing vastly superior(end sarcasm) Californians" with increasing the communistic matter of our state, increasing our cost of living, lost job/income opportunities, and decreased quality of life all around. You're welcome to pack up and go back where you came from.

Criminals and mentally ill people don't follow laws, more gun laws are just harder on the rest of the law abiding people.

Old 05-15-2019, 10:12 PM

233 posts, read 225,693 times
WHAT IS AN ASSAULT WEAPON ???? During Police training, many years ago, I learned a person can be assaulted
with a hammer, screw driver, crow bar, kitchen knife, on and on, and on.
So, just what is an ASSAULT WEAPON ???????????

Old 05-16-2019, 06:58 AM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John S. View Post
WHAT IS AN ASSAULT WEAPON ???? During Police training, many years ago, I learned a person can be assaulted
Don't forget fists.

Old 05-16-2019, 07:03 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,396,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John S. View Post
For this seven month old thread you felt the need to bump, it's actually clearly defined in the law. It's ridiculous, but clearly defined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies