Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been falsely accused of sexual assault or been assaulted and no one would believe you?
Yes, I have been falsely accused at some point in my life 13 10.83%
I have never been accused, but sometimes I wonder if I should have been 2 1.67%
I have never been accused, nor have I ever deserved to be 45 37.50%
I have been sexually assaulted and have never told anyone 40 33.33%
I have been sexually assaulted but no one would believe me when I reported it 10 8.33%
I have been sexually assaulted and was believed when I reported it 17 14.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 01:12 AM

26,653 posts, read 28,677,767 times

Advertisements

People in a position of power, male or female, may want to have their fun with you. It's like the priests assaulting the young boys--who would have believed those boys? Or a man who contacted me because 30 years ago a distant relative of mine sexually abused him when he was a boarding school student. He never reported it but 30 years later he was still trying to get up the courage. The relative was dead so it was too late.

Whether this alleged attack by the potential supreme court judge was out of lust for power or just plain lust, we don't know. We can't really know. She never reported it to anyone who mattered. I'm fairly sure she is telling the truth but it's too late now. And who really cares what this guy was like 30 years ago at age 17?

As a left of center Democrat, I know this is a stalling technique. And I also don't want someone on the supreme court who is going to take us backwards and probably harm women by voting to overturn Roe vs Wade.

I was sort of assaulted, btw, by the head of the board of trustees. You think anyone would have believed me? He was a man of the church too, well known in the small town. If I had reported it, the repercussions would have hurt me, not him. I needed my job so I didn't dare report him. Still gives me the creeps though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 01:29 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
People in a position of power, male or female, may want to have their fun with you. It's like the priests assaulting the young boys--who would have believed those boys? Or a man who contacted me because 30 years ago a distant relative of mine sexually abused him when he was a boarding school student. He never reported it but 30 years later he was still trying to get up the courage. The relative was dead so it was too late.

Whether this alleged attack by the potential supreme court judge was out of lust for power or just plain lust, we don't know. We can't really know. She never reported it to anyone who mattered. I'm fairly sure she is telling the truth but it's too late now. And who really cares what this guy was like 30 years ago at age 17?

As a left of center Democrat, I know this is a stalling technique. And I also don't want someone on the supreme court who is going to take us backwards and probably harm women by voting to overturn Roe vs Wade.

harm women? and how about harming the millions of babies killed every year in our abortions on demand system promoted by the government?

if ROE vs WADE goes down, it goes back to the states like it was supposed to be in 1972...there is not a constitutional right to an abortion in our constitution. 7 unelected judges in 1972 made new law and pulled that one out of their behinds.

stop it with the scare tactics and that the world is going to end for women who want to have unlimited abortions.

Judges shouldn't make laws from the bench because they are unelected and are not accountable to the voters. Kavanaugh understands that which makes him qualified for the bench,,,,,can't say the same for the rest in the SC.

Last edited by Hellion1999; 09-30-2018 at 01:41 AM..

Old 09-30-2018, 01:50 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,936,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
People need to be treated equally under the law, so it's unimportant if more men than women would feel less shame or angst over being sexually assaulted. It's also unimportant if men tend to be physically stronger, we all need to be treated equally.

Most women who are concerned about their 'reputation' at least in my day, won't end up sexually assaulted. It's usually those girls who are free and loose, drinking with men alone, etc that end up lodging the allegations anyways. And it's almost always in unverifiable situations - they end up in their room, both drunk, and now we need to trust that she was saying no to all further advances?
There you go. The classic "she asked for it defense." Some things just never change.

I'm going to sleep and tomorrow I'm heading for the mountains - with a MALE platonic friend. I'll try to refrain from getting him drunk and assaulting him. I don't want to be laughed to death by a big ole cowboy and possibly left to walk home from Telluride when he flees in terror.

Night all. Have a nice Sunday.

Old 09-30-2018, 01:55 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
There you go. The classic "she asked for it defense." Some things just never change.

I'm going to sleep and tomorrow I'm heading for the mountains - with a MALE platonic friend. I'll try to refrain from getting him drunk and assaulting him. I don't want to be laughed to death by a big ole cowboy and possibly left to walk home from Telluride when he flees in terror.

Night all. Have a nice Sunday.
No not exactly saying "she deserved it" just pointing out she obviously doesn't care about her reputation otherwise she wouldn't voluntarily go back to his room, drunk. At this point, she already earned a reputation as the drunk girl who will sleep around whether she actually did or not.

So spare me with the sob story about them being worried about losing their reputation because I don't buy it.

Old 09-30-2018, 02:00 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,274,484 times
Never been accused, nor had cause to be.

Have been assaulted, by a female manager, never reported it, because one should not abuse your Machiavellian subordinate who has been covering your ass for six months and knows where the bodies are buried. She received just desserts. That said if I had reported it I'm not sure it would have been taken seriously, but subsequently I did record all interactions with her up to the time she left the company, just in case.

Old 09-30-2018, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Never been accused, nor had cause to be.

Have been assaulted, by a female manager, never reported it, because one should not abuse your Machiavellian subordinate who has been covering your ass for six months and knows where the bodies are buried. She received just desserts. That said if I had reported it I'm not sure it would have been taken seriously, but subsequently I did record all interactions with her up to the time she left the company, just in case.

see!!! you got everything documented.....you know the date, the BUILDING(very important) the year ()

you know how you got there and how you returned home.....you got witnesses that can put you 2 in the same building.

take notes MRS FORD.....this is how you keep notes just in case you want to go crying to the U.S. Senate 37 years later for "justice" because you can't fly on planes (allegedly) and want to put 2 front doors in the house.

Old 09-30-2018, 02:53 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times
I've had many unwanted interactions with women. Starting in high school. I often worked part time, when I had female supervisors there was often a lot of unwanted comments and sometimes touching. As an adult, when in night clubs I frequently had random sneak a kiss, jump up on me and wrap their arms around my neck and legs around my waist. Some women went so far as to grab my butt and some even brushed or actually grabbed my crotch. A couple even went so far as to reach inside my pants and grab me directly.
Some I didn't mind but most were 200% unwanted. When out and drinking, even the marginal women think they are hot. Like the women posting here that the men liked it....that's BS! I hate that attitude...it encourages the double standard. Men can't even report this kind of stuff because of that attitude. They are either dismissed or mocked.

Same with when women physically assault men. Men are mocked. Couldn't we handle it ourselves? Sure, but then WE would be arrested. It's a no win for us. We just have to shut up and take it...

Old 09-30-2018, 03:32 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,274,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
see!!! you got everything documented.....you know the date, the BUILDING(very important) the year ()

you know how you got there and how you returned home.....you got witnesses that can put you 2 in the same building.

take notes MRS FORD.....this is how you keep notes just in case you want to go crying to the U.S. Senate 37 years later for "justice" because you can't fly on planes (allegedly) and want to put 2 front doors in the house.
Well that comparison isn't really fair. Firstly I'm a guy, so the onus of proof is on us, further, reporting unwanted sexual conduct can and has been turned around on the reporter when they're male. We really do need firm evidence because the deck is stacked against us if the advances are coming from a female co-worker. That said the inequality isn't the topic of the thread.

Secondly I'm abnormal, I have serious trust issues, hyper-vigilance and OCD, so if anyone is going to record and remember events that would be me. However since this happened more than a decade ago even I don't have records any longer, but I do have a good enough memory to remember the date and time so there is that.

I'm not saying that Ford is or is not telling the truth, I'm just saying my experience and response should not be used as comparison.

Old 09-30-2018, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
I've had many unwanted interactions with women. Starting in high school. I often worked part time, when I had female supervisors there was often a lot of unwanted comments and sometimes touching. As an adult, when in night clubs I frequently had random sneak a kiss, jump up on me and wrap their arms around my neck and legs around my waist. Some women went so far as to grab my butt and some even brushed or actually grabbed my crotch. A couple even went so far as to reach inside my pants and grab me directly.
Some I didn't mind but most were 200% unwanted. When out and drinking, even the marginal women think they are hot. Like the women posting here that the men liked it....that's BS! I hate that attitude...it encourages the double standard. Men can't even report this kind of stuff because of that attitude. They are either dismissed or mocked.

Same with when women physically assault men. Men are mocked. Couldn't we handle it ourselves? Sure, but then WE would be arrested. It's a no win for us. We just have to shut up and take it...

thank you!! right on! .....feminists never talk about equal responsibility and equal treatment.

look at that Senator from Hawaii how she talks about white men and tells men to shut up. ......imagine if a man said the same thing about women, to shut up and they are perpetrating all the sexual abuses in the county. They would lose their damn jobs. There is a double standard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO1Jq2rSg1U

Old 09-30-2018, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Well that comparison isn't really fair. Firstly I'm a guy, so the onus of proof is on us, further, reporting unwanted sexual conduct can and has been turned around on the reporter when they're male. We really do need firm evidence because the deck is stacked against us if the advances are coming from a female co-worker. That said the inequality isn't the topic of the thread.

Secondly I'm abnormal, I have serious trust issues, hyper-vigilance and OCD, so if anyone is going to record and remember events that would be me. However since this happened more than a decade ago even I don't have records any longer, but I do have a good enough memory to remember the date and time so there is that.

I'm not saying that Ford is or is not telling the truth, I'm just saying my experience and response should not be used as comparison.

no is not the same thing........but if I'm going to take down a federal judge who is going to the SC and make a national crisis over it, I better have a lot more than a 37-year-old allegation with no witnesses and no evidence to back up my story.

That's just me.....if I was MRS. Ford's husband I would have protected her a lot better than what the Democrats have done to her, using her as a political football. I would never would have supported her doing this....that's my take.

the judge will probably be confirmed for life and she has to deal with it.....I don't know how this circus is going to help her and destroying both families will do for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies