Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been falsely accused of sexual assault or been assaulted and no one would believe you?
Yes, I have been falsely accused at some point in my life 13 10.83%
I have never been accused, but sometimes I wonder if I should have been 2 1.67%
I have never been accused, nor have I ever deserved to be 45 37.50%
I have been sexually assaulted and have never told anyone 40 33.33%
I have been sexually assaulted but no one would believe me when I reported it 10 8.33%
I have been sexually assaulted and was believed when I reported it 17 14.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 11:11 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,888,435 times

Advertisements

I don't know why I am surprised by this, but I can't help but be rather amazed at all the male right wingers who think sexual assault should be reported within 45 minutes of its occurrence, that those who wrongfully report sexual assault should serve jail time as long as any rapist (it's already against the law to commit perjury and/or defamation of character), that a sober woman who sleeps with a drunken man should be convicted of assault (I think such a woman deserves a medal - in case male drunks don't already know this, most sober women find you disgusting when you start staggering around and trying to paw at us). On and on it goes with each thread more ridiculous than the last.

It's to the point where I'm starting to wonder if some males here are in the habit of forcing themselves on unwilling women and are angry that you might one day be called to account. If so, I feel sorry for your wives and girlfriends if you are lucky enough to have them and if you don't have a wife/GF, it's for a damn good reason.

So, I am curious as to whether anyone here has been the victim of sexual assault or has been falsely accused of sexual assault. Did your friends believe you were innocent? Or did the cops believe you if you were the one assaulted? The following poll is completely private and discuss or not as you please.

Note: Let's all try to be at least semi-polite to one another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 12:41 AM

5,891 posts, read 3,195,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I don't know why I am surprised by this, but I can't help but be rather amazed at all the male right wingers who think sexual assault should be reported within 45 minutes of its occurrence, that those who wrongfully report sexual assault should serve jail time as long as any rapist (it's already against the law to commit perjury and/or defamation of character), that a sober woman who sleeps with a drunken man should be convicted of assault (I think such a woman deserves a medal - in case male drunks don't already know this, most sober women find you disgusting when you start staggering around and trying to paw at us). On and on it goes with each thread more ridiculous than the last.

It's to the point where I'm starting to wonder if some males here are in the habit of forcing themselves on unwilling women and are angry that you might one day be called to account. If so, I feel sorry for your wives and girlfriends if you are lucky enough to have them and if you don't have a wife/GF, it's for a damn good reason.

So, I am curious as to whether anyone here has been the victim of sexual assault or has been falsely accused of sexual assault. Did your friends believe you were innocent? Or did the cops believe you if you were the one assaulted? The following poll is completely private and discuss or not as you please.

Note: Let's all try to be at least semi-polite to one another.
Nobody thinks that. My suggestion was 48 hours.

And I see that you enjoy double standards....why shouldn't women who have sex with drunk men not be convicted of the same exact thing that men who have sex with drunk women are convicted of?

Honestly, that shouldn't be a thing anyway....Drunk does not mean incapable of giving consent. Unconscious yes. Drunk...no.

Old 09-30-2018, 12:50 AM

36,858 posts, read 17,222,569 times
What's the definition of sexual assault?

Old 09-30-2018, 12:54 AM

579 posts, read 362,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post

And I see that you enjoy double standards....why shouldn't women who have sex with drunk men not be convicted of the same exact thing that men who have sex with drunk women are convicted of?
Agreed; I was going to say the same thing

Quote:
Honestly, that shouldn't be a thing anyway....Drunk does not mean incapable of giving consent. Unconscious yes. Drunk...no.
+1

Old 09-30-2018, 12:55 AM

5,891 posts, read 3,195,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Its when a conservative judge might be appointed to the SCOTUS.

Old 09-30-2018, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post

Excuse me - 48 hours.

Now let's get honest here. If a woman bought you drink after drink trying to lower your inhibitions so that you would agree to sleep with her would you be upset or happy? Pretty much all the men I know would be delighted to find themselves in such a "predicament."

Are you telling me that you and your male friends would feel violated if a woman plied you with drinks and then slipped between the sheets with you? That you would wake up horrified and wonder if you were pregnant? Or that you would worry that your reputation was shot because all your other pilot friends had been present the night before and were already texting one another on FB about what a **** you are?

Honestly?

I'd really like to know if men would feel violated and worried about their reputations the way women do in that situation. If so, the male of the species is in major trouble. But I'm somehow not too worried about you guys.

And as I've mentioned elsewhere, there's really no contest when it comes to a man's strength vs a woman's. We do tend to be the weaker sex physically and that's just how it is. A big guy would have to be almost passed out not to be able to fend off a sober woman. Not so true the other way around.

When I was in college, I lost track of all the men who would approach me in a bar and offer to buy me drink after drink. I might accept one or two if the guy was really cute, but I knew better than to drink anymore than that to avoid possible unpleasantness.

And in all my life, I have only met one man who didn't want to sleep with me if I just started up a flirtation. Not because I'm such a fox but because men have a stronger sex drive and fewer inhibitions.

I can't believe that I'm trying to explain this stuff to someone who is presumably an adult male. Although, if you're really Amelia Earhart, kudos to you.

Old 09-30-2018, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
According to the United States Department of Justice, sexual assault is “any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient.” Sexual assault is basically an umbrella term that includes sexual activities such as rape, fondling, and attempted rape.

Needless to say, state laws, tribal law and federal law can vary somewhat in the wording, but for the purpose of this thread, I think most would agree with the definition above.

Old 09-30-2018, 01:48 AM

2,362 posts, read 767,180 times
No and no. Never been sexually assaulted (I'm a male). Well, there have been a couple times I've had a girl grab my butt when I was in school etc, I don't consider that sexual assault but I think by the standards of today that is sexual assault.

I've never been falsely accused of sexual assault. But then I'm not some important guy in the public light. If I was I wouldn't put it past some of the women coming out of the woodwork claiming what was a consensual night was anything but. We're guys - back in our single and young days we didn't exactly wait for "Yes you may" to kiss a girl, to put our hands on her etc. Of course she reciprocated right after but technically in this "Yes means yes" days, this could be twisted into a form of sexual assault by women who want to ruin you.

On the subject of false allegations, I was engaged to be married but called it off suddenly with this woman way back. I'm glad I did, as I could see the warning signs early. She first tried to claim she was pregnant and then later began showing up to my place unwanted. After one such night of refusing to leave, I pushed out her out of my door and locked it. She turned around and filed a police report that I strangled her and kicked her etc. Luckily for me, I was friends with the police and my name was cleared very fast, but it didn't need to be that way. I was never charged, as the police simply called her and trapped her in a lie but I could see this woman coming out of the woodwork and claiming I was an abuser if I was ever a public and political figure. And since accusations are all that's needed these days (why would she lie about being abused!!! she is very courageous), my reputation would be ruined.

Last edited by NomadicDrifter; 09-30-2018 at 01:58 AM..

Old 09-30-2018, 01:57 AM

2,362 posts, read 767,180 times
Quote:
I'd really like to know if men would feel violated and worried about their reputations the way women do in that situation. If so, the male of the species is in major trouble. But I'm somehow not too worried about you guys.
People need to be treated equally under the law, so it's unimportant if more men than women would feel less shame or angst over being sexually assaulted. It's also unimportant if men tend to be physically stronger, we all need to be treated equally.

Most women who are concerned about their 'reputation' at least in my day, won't end up sexually assaulted. It's usually those girls who are free and loose, drinking with men alone, etc that end up lodging the allegations anyways. And it's almost always in unverifiable situations - they end up in their room, both drunk, and now we need to trust that she was saying no to all further advances?

Old 09-30-2018, 02:06 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,701,864 times
Quote:
According to the United States Department of Justice, sexual assault is “any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient.” Sexual assault is basically an umbrella term that includes sexual activities such as rape, fondling, and attempted rape.

Needless to say, state laws, tribal law and federal law can vary somewhat in the wording, but for the purpose of this thread, I think most would agree with the definition above.
By that absurd definition just about every living human being on the planet is a sexual assault survivor.

Odd, when I checked the Dept. of Justice website I found quite a different and more reasonable definition:
Quote:
What is Sexual Assault?
The term “sexual assault” means any nonconsensual sexual act proscribed by Federal, tribal, or State law, including when the victim lacks capacity to consent.
https://www.justice.gov/ovw/sexual-assault#sa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies