Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 12:37 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times

Advertisements

Kanye West: another wealthy successful black conservative being attacked for his political beliefs.

Color me shocked. When a black man in America has a $100 million net worth, I'd like to think perhaps my largely impoverished black community should embrace what he has to say.

But we won't. We'll just call Kanye an Uncle Tom and go running back to white liberals for handouts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 12:40 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
When blacks become successful they start voting republican because they open their eyes. When Hispanics become successful they start voting republican because they open their eyes.

Why do you think the loony left wants to limit success? It’s because they want their sheep dependent on the government for support.

I’m not a big Kanye fan but I respect his courage to not fall in line out of pressure because he’s a black man in America.

Democrats and far left supporters like to blame “whitey and republicans” for oppression. The only ones keeping anyone oppressed are the democrats who throw out just enough crumbs (govt support) to keep you alive so that you can keep voting democratic.

FYI - a majority of "successful" black people vote for Democrats over 90% of the time.

On Kanye, he's kind of a nut.

I actually am a fan of his music and have been a fan for over a decade now. It's sad to me how "Hollywood" and out of touch he's become.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
THIS^^^!!!

To "most" people, wanting to "bring back slavery" is a strange, lunatic fringe, comment.

I am among the many who muted Kanye. I can not stand him, or the Kardashians. A bunch of non-talents and idolaters of money and undeserved fame.

I see Kanye as that crazy relative you have that you tolerate but you know he's crazy.

I do think he is talented - not the Kardashians, but he is a talented music producer IMO.

However, I also thought his comment about "abolishing the 13th amendment" was fringe lunacy.

It also is telling to me the many posters on this thread supporting him wanting to bring back legalized slavery lol. Anything to have a black on their side - they'll even agree with enslaving all the other blacks to have one that agrees with them.

It is sad how far Kanye has fallen. I do know a lot of black people who actually aren't all that upset about his Trump support - but they are upset about the 13th amendment comment. It shows how out of touch he is with reality.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Kanye West: another wealthy successful black conservative being attacked for his political beliefs.

Color me shocked. When a black man in America has a $100 million net worth, I'd like to think perhaps my largely impoverished black community should embrace what he has to say.

But we won't. We'll just call Kanye an Uncle Tom and go running back to white liberals for handouts.

So you agree with him that the 13th amendment should be abolished...?

Old 10-01-2018, 04:10 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Why does he need "support". Is he running for office?
I think the poster meant "fans".

Old 10-01-2018, 04:58 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Wasn't the show over so the only people who saw it was the audience? That's a shame. They should have put him on in prime time. He has a lot to say and the Progressives hate it.

They will find a way to destroy Kanye. He has left the Democrat plantation.
I didn't see the show. I understand the audience booed him and they cut it off.

There's not but one thing wrong with Kanye - his MAGA hat. It's full of ****.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:15 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Kanye was on TMZ live today and said the Democrats are forcing black men to leave their households and abandon their children so they can get welfare.

I guess he doesn't have any confidence in his fellow black men.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:22 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Kanye West is just another empty cored narcissist starving for some sort of external validation. There is nothing special about that guy.

The guy has always had no class. Seriously, he is a complete fool. I have never ever had any respect for him.

Do like his music sometimes. Him? Not so much.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:31 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
Kanye holds no political weight with most people. Kanye is ranting as normal. He rants against the fashion world, the music industry, Silicon Valley/tech industry, other celebrities, social media CEO's...Do you get the pattern? He has issues. People that follow Kanye have known of his erratic behavior for years. I doubt many Trump supporters know him except for that he is one of the only black or minority celebrities that support Trump.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:38 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,862,705 times
I especially liked the part where a grown-ass man, a multimillionaire hosting a nationally broadcast television show, complained about being "bullied" backstage for his hat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies