Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2018, 04:30 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
I agree. I've worked around men all my life and enjoy their company, and friendship. It breaks my heart to watch as democrats marginalize and demonize their existence in society.
I am a man, and I have been around men and women all of my life and enjoy their company.

Don't weep for me with your crocodile tears, I am not marginalized.

Old 09-30-2018, 04:33 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
I agree. I've worked around men all my life and enjoy their company, and friendship. It breaks my heart to watch as democrats marginalize and demonize their existence in society.
That is not a fair statement, if you believe that, then I wonder what you believe of the Centuries and Decades that white men having not only denigrated women and minorities by trying to relegate them to less than status, and have a long history of having done much to hold women and minorities back. ????

Old 09-30-2018, 04:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
To radical conservatives ~ minorities asking for a seat at the table is 'oppressing white males".

Puhleeze.

Old 09-30-2018, 04:38 PM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It is a full swing of the pendulum from the not so long ago days when women who spoke up about sexual harassment and sexual assault were treated as hysterical, over emotional and not to be believed. Or worse yet, that that's just boys being boys.

I came of age in the '70s and experienced sexual harassment routinely in every job I ever held. It was expected. There was no one to report it to because no one cared.

Now women are standing up and saying no more. And that has shaken society to the core because up until now it's been a man's world.

I, too, have had mostly decent, honorable men in my life, but I will never forget a boss laying his hands on me, and knowing I was powerless to do anything about it if I wanted to keep my job.

I'm sorry if men are feeling ambushed by this movement, but women have felt powerless in the face of male dominance for too long now. This is women pushing back. They are shaking up the status quo, and that's a good thing.
Women are not standing up, only the liberal ones are. I live in a conservative area and I know absolutely no women who support all this. I have heard no one outside the internet say Kavanaugh should not be confirmed and a great many people are disgusted by the metoo nonsense, women included. What is happening is liberal women in more liberal places are pushing back and putting serious strains on our society. The Democratic Party is already radicalized and these far left feminist are another club to beat red state America with. Not only is this a war on men, it’s a war on American values. The tensions between the radical left and regular Americans has become very dangerous and it threatens the stability of the Union itself.

Old 09-30-2018, 04:40 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Are you implying snowflakery?

Asking for an acquaintance.

Yes. The typical Conservative male nowadays is a soft, whining crybaby who cower at the sight of their own shadow. They see hobgoblins around every corner. Blacks, Muslims, liberal women, Al Qaeda, ISIS, illegal immigrants, Mueller, the media, Iran, North Korea, Venezuela, unions, Hollywood, Obama, Hillary...it’s never ending with them.

If you ever need to go into a fight, don’t take a Republican male with you. He’ll run if he hears a pin drop.

Old 09-30-2018, 04:42 PM

37,125 posts, read 42,189,292 times
I think a certain subgroup is going for a Swedish style feminist form of government and it's not working out exactly the way they hoped.

Old 09-30-2018, 04:50 PM

21,910 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Women are not standing up, only the liberal ones are. I live in a conservative area and I know absolutely no women who support all this. I have heard no one outside the internet say Kavanaugh should not be confirmed and a great many people are disgusted by the metoo nonsense, women included. What is happening is liberal women in more liberal places are pushing back and putting serious strains on our society. The Democratic Party is already radicalized and these far left feminist are another club to beat red state America with. Not only is this a war on men, it’s a war on American values. The tensions between the radical left and regular Americans has become very dangerous and it threatens the stability of the Union itself.
I find it really interesting that they continue to double down on the policies that have lost them so many elections over the last 6 years.

Old 09-30-2018, 04:55 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yes. The typical Conservative male nowadays is a soft, whining crybaby who cower at the sight of their own shadow. They see hobgoblins around every corner. Blacks, Muslims, liberal women, Al Qaeda, ISIS, illegal immigrants, Mueller, the media, Iran, North Korea, Venezuela, unions, Hollywood, Obama, Hillary...it’s never ending with them.

If you ever need to go into a fight, don’t take a Republican male with you. He’ll run if he hears a pin drop.
Ya mean all this bold rwnj talk about another civil war is just hot air?

But all those wannabe Johnny Rebs sure are tough keyboard commandos.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:16 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Ya mean all this bold rwnj talk about another civil war is just hot air?

But all those wannabe Johnny Rebs sure are tough keyboard commandos.

+1

Keyboard commandos!

Old 09-30-2018, 05:21 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
What is worse is they are indoctrinating boys as well. The leftists think being masculine is a negative thing, and they work hard to suppress competitive drive ruggedness, and other male tendencies out of boys.
That combined with other factors like social media, raised by single mothers, Hollywood depictions of what men should be like, etc., are creating a bunch of effeminate men.

Leftists/Liberals will not be happy until "toxic masculinity" as some of them call it, is driven out of society and we are left with soyboys.
Society has moved on and is moving away from the "brute" concept as being the definition of what is a man. No one needs that "brute" concept in the world and society of today... People use their brains, and the work with respect of others as equal human being, to reach their understanding...

The cave man concepts should have died out long ago with the cave man. Man does not have to battle nature in the ways they did in frontier days, heck... people don't even have to go hunting for food, because man used his mind and created farms....and ranches...
Nobody has to go out and prove they are man by fixing a car, or even changing a flat tire, they can call a mechanic, or roadside service.

People who want to play "frontiersman" find a way to move in the country so they can do so, but it is not a base necessity.

Its like work today, its not as it was long ago of arse and elbow in the air... man has made machine to many things and technology continues to advance what machine can do. Some Farmer don't have to sit on a Tractor all day, they simply use "GPS and Digital system" and the Tractors will plow miles of fields, as long as the fuel holds out in the tractor.
there is not a mass need of "ditch digger's today" it takes a few people running a bore machine, and they can lay miles of pipe or tubing in a very short span of time.

The old concept of a man as arrogantly aggressive and brutishly assaulting is not the modern day reality of what is a man.

Those who don't get it, only get left behind trying to recreate something that has past its time of being the concept which was borne of a previous era.

Masculinity is a natural trait of males, as is femininity a natural trait of females. Neither trait needs fictitious embellishments.

I do think it is better for kids to have both parents... but one can't claim single fathers or single mothers as not being able to raise children.

Our societies over emphasis on being sexual provocative, may be more the culprit that damages both males and females... it has damaged as much as, if not more than the self measure based on materialism and money; which has caused great damage within and unto society for centuries and decades.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 09-30-2018 at 05:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies