Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2018, 05:25 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Actually there is but Fox News has convinced you that since Democrats aren't supportive of a patriarchal society where women are required by law to submit to the whims of their husbands that we are trying to discriminate against men.

In the Fox News world there's no middle ground. It's just like the fact that apparently we've banned "Merry Christmas" because we don't have laws that prevent retailers from using the more inclusive "Happy Holidays."

What are you talking about? Where did you get that information?? Let me guess, MSNBC and CNN.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:32 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
I’m an old white male and I don’t know whether to laugh or cry by the faux victimhood and stupidity of threads like this.

All we need is to see Mitch McConnell, Chuck Grassley, Lindsey Graham and Oren Hatch standing behind poor little Brett Kavanaugh swaying back and forth singing “We Shall Overcome”.

Give me a break.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
That is not a fair statement, if you believe that, then I wonder what you believe of the Centuries and Decades that white men having not only denigrated women and minorities by trying to relegate them to less than status, and have a long history of having done much to hold women and minorities back. ????

And if you look at the last 100 years of American history, many of those white men were democrats.

I've never felt "less than" anyone, male or female, nor "held back" by men. It's the left that promotes victimhood these days.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:40 PM

1,279 posts, read 852,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I’m an old white male and I don’t know whether to laugh or cry by the faux victimhood and stupidity of threads like this.
Nobody is claiming victimhood.

For stupidity, I’m simply taking Democrats’ words, verbatim. And you’re the one who can’t spell ORRIN Hatch.

Hate is wrong, period, and that’s what I’m concerned about, particularly when people who hate take power. (I’m also concerned about Donald Trump and, as I’ve stated before, am not a Republican, do not watch Fox News, etc.)

Old 09-30-2018, 05:42 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
I've never felt "less than" anyone, male or female, nor "held back" by men. It's the left that promotes victimhood these days.
LOL. This entire thread is one of right wing male victimhood. What else would you call it?

Poor, poor white men. They have it so difficult in America today. Forget that they control absolutely everything, that they hold all the power, that they control the majority of wealth. They are suffering, people!

It's a tragedy, I tell you.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:42 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:

All we need is to see Mitch McConnell, Chuck Grassley, Lindsey Graham and Oren Hatch standing behind poor little Brett Kavanaugh swaying back and forth singing “We Shall Overcome”.

Give me a break.

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Bureaucrat again."

Old 09-30-2018, 05:47 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
LOL. This entire thread is one of right wing male victimhood. What else would you call it?

Poor, poor white men. They have it so difficult in America today. Forget that they control absolutely everything, that they hold all the power, that they control the majority of wealth. They are suffering, people!

This thread is not about power. Its about Racism and sexism blatently on display from the left. Conclusion- Lefty is racist as hell.

Quote:

Give me a break.
Youre ok with racism? Why dont you call out racism? Ive posted multiple quotes of blatent racism aired on tv and social media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I’m a man. No one has declared a war on me.

Maybe the problem is that conservative men are soft.
Its not a war. Its irresponsible open racism spewed from msm. Do you judge a man by the color of his skin? MSM been having a good week of it.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:49 PM

1,279 posts, read 852,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

So the following deserve mockery, rather than the same concern that the left gives to other groups?

*Unemployed coal miners in West Virginia who are white men

*White working class men whose wages have fallen, in real terms, over the past 40 years

*Boys in school who underperform relative to women (leading to entering classes at elite schools having fewer men than in the overall age bracket)

*Homeless white men

*Disabled veterans who are white men

They control all the power and have privilege?

I’m not keen on giving those people handouts, affirmative action or the like, and I don’t see white men as victims (time for personal responsibility), but it’s not right for the Left to claim to care for people in need, but mock and denigrate people who are going through hardship simply if they are white men.

At least I am simply asking that people be treated equally, with equal respect and concern and courtesy, even if they are white men.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yes. The typical Conservative male nowadays is a soft, whining crybaby who cower at the sight of their own shadow. They see hobgoblins around every corner. Blacks, Muslims, liberal women, Al Qaeda, ISIS, illegal immigrants, Mueller, the media, Iran, North Korea, Venezuela, unions, Hollywood, Obama, Hillary...it’s never ending with them.

If you ever need to go into a fight, don’t take a Republican male with you. He’ll run if he hears a pin drop.

I double dog dare you to show up at Sturgis and say that, lol.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:52 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppiesandKittens View Post
Nobody is claiming victimhood.

For stupidity, I’m simply taking Democrats’ words, verbatim. And you’re the one who can’t spell ORRIN Hatch.

Hate is wrong, period, and that’s what I’m concerned about, particularly when people who hate take power. (I’m also concerned about Donald Trump and, as I’ve stated before, am not a Republican, do not watch Fox News, etc.)
Guess I got my Hatch and Hershiser mixed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies