Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2018, 06:29 PM

25,409 posts, read 9,715,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The Democrats are anti white and anti religion and wonder why they lose elections. Last l looked more than half of us are religious and more than half white.
No they're not. Lots of whites in the Dem party. And as far as religion, I don't know any Dems who are against religion. Against having religion pushed on them is another subject though.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:43 PM

11,989 posts, read 5,254,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
All the racist complicit fools on this thread are exactly what is wrong with this country.
I would agree with that. I just see a different group of racist fools.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:46 PM

1,279 posts, read 844,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
No they're not. Lots of whites in the Dem party. And as far as religion, I don't know any Dems who are against religion. Against having religion pushed on them is another subject though.
There is a recent Pew survey that shows that just as many liberal Democrats think that churches are a bad thing as the number of liberal Democrats who think that churches are not a bad thing. Google it; the percentage of each side is around 45%. That is innate hostility to religion and is very troubling.

Edited to add: Google Pew liberal Democrat church bad influence and the poll will come up.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:49 PM

1,279 posts, read 844,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
That isn’t racism. The whole meme is horseshyte trying to deflect from the Alt-Reich’s own overt racism. It’s just laughable to all but the most devout white identity cultists.
Not so. I absolutely reject and cannot bear Steve Bannon and his horrible views, and the views of his followers. Steve Bannon is against everything that I am for, more or less. But hate is hate and is wrong, be it Steve Bannon or Keith Ellison who is expressing it.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:53 PM

27,534 posts, read 15,986,108 times
Quote:
The evidence makes you the *, is against you.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:06 PM

16,382 posts, read 10,416,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Let me put it this way. The Democratic Party is the party that protects my human rights as a non-Christian and as a gay man. Republicans want to infringe on those rights.
Maybe. But they also want to protect you from virulently anti-gay Third World Muslim savages. The Democrats, on the other hand, want to invite in as many of them as possible.

If America were ruled by theocratic Christians, you could kiss gay marriage goodbye. But if were ruled by theocratic Muslims, you could kiss your HEAD goodbye.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:11 PM

16,382 posts, read 10,416,692 times
In the quote below, the word in bold has been changed from the original. If the revised sentences cause you to get angry at the blatant racism on display, then you should be just as angry with the sentences as they were actually uttered. And if the original quotes don't bother you, but the ones here do, then you are either a hypocrite or a racist, or both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Here is a collection of the msm’s outright racism/hatred just from this week.
Ann Coulter - September 26, 2018 - NO MORE MR. BLACK GUY
small example:
“Women across this nation should be outraged at what these black men senators are doing to this woman.” -- Rep. John Garamendi, D-Calif.

“There has been some discussion of the GOP senators who happened to all be ... black men.” -- Jim Sciutto, CNN correspondent

“What troubles me is now there are ... they’re all black men.” -- Jennifer Granholm, former governor of Michigan, on CNN

”You’re seeing on display a metaphor for what this party is, which is basically ignorant black men.” -- “Morning Joe” contributor Donny Deutsch

“All these black men ... stumbling all over themselves asking her, you know, aggressive and obnoxious questions.” -- Asha Rangappa, CNN analyst

“What are those -- that collection of old black men going to do?” -- Cynthia Alksne, MSNBC contributor
And so many more at the link, and way more on social media.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:15 PM

5,768 posts, read 3,202,325 times
It's all about Roe v. Wade, and Kavanaugh has the ear of the Christian right.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:43 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,820,452 times
Quote:
That would be pretty surprising to the 60+% of Democratic voters who are white.

And no, we are not self loathing.

What we do loath though, is bigotry and open appeals to white ethnocentrism and racism.

Strom Thurmond served as a moral compass to me. If I ever found myself agreeing with Ol’ Strom on anything, I knew it was time to reconsider.
I loathe bigotry myself regardless of who that bigotry is aimed against

Old 09-30-2018, 07:47 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,820,452 times
Quote:
I see two groups of racist fools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies