Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2018, 07:48 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,806,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post

If America were ruled by theocratic Christians, you could kiss gay marriage goodbye. But if were ruled by theocratic Muslims, you could kiss your HEAD goodbye.
I believe that if evangelical Republicans got everything they wanted, eventually it would be illegal to be openly gay like it is in Russia and like it was here in the 1950s. I know because I grew up Baptist and had to listen to the conversations in the fellowship hall. And considering Muslims in this country lean moderate and are less than 1% of the population, I’m far more worried about the evangelical Christian Trump supporters.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:32 PM

34,019 posts, read 17,045,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
I can regard that of "equal opportunity, because the results will be varied...

(I don't think "indifferent" is the right word. I certainly don't see the results as being "less than" because its not white male dominated, therefore the word "indifferent" does not suit well with the principle of "equal opportunity" and a fair play level playing field it infers that if not white male dominance then results will be mediocre and that is just not a reality fact.)
Indifferent, in the same manner a good ump is indifferent to who wins. He simply calls balls and strikes, safe and out, fairly and impartially.

Indifferent is the correct word. We should care about a level playing field, but be indifferent to the results. No matter the gender, race, or any other demographic breakdown of results.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:06 PM

6,340 posts, read 2,892,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Is anyone else feeling like the democrat party is out of control with their attacks on men, especially white males?
Yes. I used to like what the democrats stood for, but they have changed. They seem to have made 3rd wave feminist misandry part of their platform. This metoo McCarthyism that they are embracing is way too much. They kicked one of their own (Al Franken) out without even a hearing.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:11 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Is anyone else feeling like the democrat party is out of control with their attacks on men, especially white males?
A day doesn’t go by now without some democrat politician or activist saying things like, “men should just shut up,” “our country’s problems are from male privilege” “ white men are all a$$ holes,” “you can’t trust a group of all male senators” etc etc etc

The Kavanaugh hearing has really brought this to a head for me. Two possible victims — Ford possibly a victim of sexual groping, and Kavanaugh a possible victim of false horrific accusations to ruin his career and life.
But the female victim is treated so very very differently than the male victim, and we think that unfairness is just fine.

As a senior female, I have only a few times in my whole life had bad experiences with men, the vast vast majority of men in my life have been honorable, kind, generous with help and advice, and honest. I fear the Dems are indoctrinating a whole generation of young women to view men as villains.
It's the flavor of the day. Don't worry, when this is all played for what they can get out of it Dems will push the pendulum the other way and another group will be the target.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Ya mean all this bold rwnj talk about another civil war is just hot air?

But all those wannabe Johnny Rebs sure are tough keyboard commandos.

LMAO!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
This thread is not about power. Its about Racism and sexism blatently on display from the left. Conclusion- Lefty is racist as hell.

Youre ok with racism? Why dont you call out racism? Ive posted multiple quotes of blatent racism aired on tv and social media.

Its not a war. Its irresponsible open racism spewed from msm. Do you judge a man by the color of his skin? MSM been having a good week of it.
Men aren’t facing any issues in this country except that the ones on the right cry all the time and have yellow stripes down their backs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
I double dog dare you to show up at Sturgis and say that, lol.
Lol...please. Bikers without their gangs ain’t ****!

Bikers get their asses whipped and die from gunshots just like everyone else. I ain’t impressed by that 1% crap.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It's the flavor of the day. Don't worry, when this is all played for what they can get out of it Dems will push the pendulum the other way and another group will be the target.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Indifferent, in the same manner a good ump is indifferent to who wins. He simply calls balls and strikes, safe and out, fairly and impartially.

Indifferent is the correct word. We should care about a level playing field, but be indifferent to the results. No matter the gender, race, or any other demographic breakdown of results.
There is no such thing as a level playing field. My son and Bill Gates’ son don’t have the same opportunities. Equal opportunity is a fantasy.

Being indifferent to results is the talk of a cyborg. Societal results matter.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:15 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I believe that if evangelical Republicans got everything they wanted, eventually it would be illegal to be openly gay like it is in Russia and like it was here in the 1950s. I know because I grew up Baptist and had to listen to the conversations in the fellowship hall. And considering Muslims in this country lean moderate and are less than 1% of the population, I’m far more worried about the evangelical Christian Trump supporters.
I'm a Christian and we are taught not to judge and not to hate, besides hating can suck the life out of you if you let it. But Dems must make a group a villain so they can point to that group and tell you they'll save you from them just like Hitler made Jews the villain and promised to save Germany from them. It's obvious you can't see it even though history repeats itself over and over, some people easily get caught up on the rhetoric just like you are buying into every word, and every accusation of the Dems rhetoric.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I'm a Christian and we are taught not to judge and not to hate, besides hating can suck the life out of you if you let it. But Dems must make a group a villain so they can point to that group and tell you they'll save you from them just like Hitler made Jews the villain. The problem for you is you can't see the game they are playing and you are buying into every word, and every accusation of their rhetoric.
Funny how that’s all Christians have historically done in this country...judge and hate.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
There is no such thing as a level playing field. My son and Bill Gates’ son don’t have the same opportunities. Equal opportunity is a fantasy.

I disagree, as while Gates has more money and is a clear outlier, that does not mean your son cannot thrive. Most families have continuously done better in America each successive generation. 2 gens back, most of my family were hard working, lower middle class who would be astounded at how well most of gen 3 has done.

For most of us, we compete vs those with similar opportunities as ourselves, and if we have self respect, we do not want unnatural advantages, but simply a level playing field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies