Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2018, 08:32 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Endless brands within each party and some trend extreme.

I don’t think white supremasts define the Republican Party. Do you?
I hear what you are saying, and agree to an extent. However, you must admit, the DNC has gone farther, and farther LEFT, especially with identity politics, and the free stuff for all mantra.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:34 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,979,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Is anyone else feeling like the democrat party is out of control with their attacks on men, especially white males?
A day doesn’t go by now without some democrat politician or activist saying things like, “men should just shut up,” “our country’s problems are from male privilege” “ white men are all a$$ holes,” “you can’t trust a group of all male senators” etc etc etc

The Kavanaugh hearing has really brought this to a head for me. Two possible victims — Ford possibly a victim of sexual groping, and Kavanaugh a possible victim of false horrific accusations to ruin his career and life.
But the female victim is treated so very very differently than the male victim, and we think that unfairness is just fine.

As a senior female, I have only a few times in my whole life had bad experiences with men, the vast vast majority of men in my life have been honorable, kind, generous with help and advice, and honest. I fear the Dems are indoctrinating a whole generation of young women to view men as villains.
The parties in this country represent extreme views at the moment. The dems push, the repubs push back harder, the dems push harder and the repubs shove.

We need balance in this country or it's going to continue to move on the shoving match until a fight breaks out. Next thing you know the war on men is an all-out war.

Time for a 3rd party, one that walks the line and helps moderates on both sides of the current spectrum.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:37 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
The Democrats' agenda is pure retribution, and punishment of those they identify as committing past wrongs. It does sell to many who want to Virtue Signal that they are evolved, and enlightened. It is a crock of BS, but hey, the weak minded swallow it.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:38 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I can't tell you specifics because of privacy concerns. My friend's husband was laid off a year ago from a high level corporate position. He looked for almost a year and many headhunters told him they had to hire a woman, better yet if it was a black woman. They are called a Double D, which means two minorities instead of one. My husband has been with his company for 20 years and put his hat in the ring for a job that came up that has been his dream job. The hiring people flat out told him they needed to hire a woman. He is not going to sue them. He understands what is going on and these people are his friends. And before you say my husband is not qualified, blah, blah, blah, they TOLD him he was qualified.
Sounds like headhunters may be putting words into the mouths of employers.

He may not be the MOST qualified.

Employers may prefer someone younger ( possibly cheaper, too)

He may not be a good cultural fit.

Friends may be putting their own spin on things.

Friends lie to friends all the time.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppiesandKittens View Post
All men have wives, mothers and/or daughters and most guys I know wouldn't want any of that to happen to the women they know and love, and we all stand up against those terrible things.

Standing up against sexism, sexual assault and sexual harassment is of course the right thing to do, and all the men I know do so.

However, the fact that there was and is gender-based bias and mistreatment does not mean that all men (or at least white men) are evil people. Some are, but not all. As a guy today, I want to support women every way I can and eliminate the scourge of gender-based mistreatment.

But I also know that some people on the left hate me just because of my race and gender (I’m a white guy), and I know that I’m not welcome among their ranks. I also know that I have to tread with extreme caution around women, since even an unsubstantiated accusation could wreck my life. Is that fair? Should people be treated that way because of their race and gender? I don’t think so.
This thread demonstrate some are challenged to differentiate between one, few, some, many and all. They seem to prefer to use a broad brush.

No shortage of stereotyping based on gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and politics.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:02 AM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILRef View Post
It's really sickening. I used to be a Democrat. A white, male Democrat. But they hate me. Openly mock me. Over things I can't control. I don't discriminate. I treat my wife (and other women) with respect. I raise my children to be kind, good citizens.

They have spent years trying to divide us by race. Now they are trying to do the same with gender. They want to break up families. It's gross.

There's no reason for any person who wants a united country to be a part of today's Democratic party. Walk away.
Unfortunately, I think there is a lot of truth to this.

The Democrats really need to focus on economic issues that affect everyone regardless of gender and skin color. The economic populism of Trump and Sanders had a strong showing for a reason.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:07 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,493 times
I’m not even going to bother reading through this thread. It’s now a war on men, or war on white people, war on Christians, war on families, war on Christmas. You RWNJs have a real hard on for war.
I guess it firgues since you finally seemed to get the clue that real war is expensive in dollars and lives so you’ll just fall for the next thing in line for you to get your war on.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I remember the very first time someone told me about affirmative action and what it was. I thought it was wrong then and I still think it's wrong. It TEACHES people to do things based on race, gender, etc. It goes against the very goal we want to achieve.

AA has formally been around for nearly 60 years. Policies were developed to address long histories of discrimination faced by minorities and women which created an unfair advantage for white males.

Private employers are not subject to quotas ( targets) unless court- ordered due to pervasive discrimination.

In the 70’s...

I am old enough to remember being told there were ( office) jobs women could not do and males being awarded higher raises because they had families to support. Same deal for promotions.

I am old enough to remember customers declining training because the trainer was black.

I am old enough to remember restaurants declining entry to women during lunch.

I am old enough to remember the “ businessman’s lunch special.

I am old enough to remember corporate travel policies that required females to share hotel rooms.

I am old enough to remember males attributing any woman in a more senior position as having slept her way to the spot.

I could go on for pages.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:11 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,688,884 times
If you ever notice a lot of the protest going on there are a lot of young dumb white males involved. They are really going to regret their actions one day if things keep going the way they are. Once they realize they've been used to push an agenda through to penalize white people for simply being white. Then they will be realize they did nothing but hurt themselves.

It just baffles me how the USA is nothing but full of racist white people yet we elected a black man President not once but twice. Things are getting better but they don't change over night. You have to wonder how differently white people in the 60's might do things if they knew all this would result in hatred towards white people decades later.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
IMO DNC hates whites, even more than just males.

Their dream is to win majorities of all levels of government with solely minority votes, and female votes, as their campaigns well show. Whites are labeled as deplorable unless radically left SJWs.

Its sickening that just a few decades ago, those "deplorables" were a respected portion of the DNC base. Bu they tend to be religious, and Dems hate that nowadays.
Hyperbole much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies