Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 04:16 PM

52,222 posts, read 33,922,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Here is a collection of the msm’s outright racism/hatred just from this week.
Ann Coulter - September 26, 2018 - NO MORE MR. WHITE GUY
small example:
“Women across this nation should be outraged at what these white men senators are doing to this woman.” -- Rep. John Garamendi, D-Calif.

“There has been some discussion of the GOP senators who happened to all be ... white men.” -- Jim Sciutto, CNN correspondent

“What troubles me is now there are ... they’re all white men.” -- Jennifer Granholm, former governor of Michigan, on CNN

”You’re seeing on display a metaphor for what this party is, which is basically ignorant white men.” -- “Morning Joe” contributor Donny Deutsch

“All these white men ... stumbling all over themselves asking her, you know, aggressive and obnoxious questions.” -- Asha Rangappa, CNN analyst

“What are those -- that collection of old white men going to do?” -- Cynthia Alksne, MSNBC contributor
And so many more at the link, and way more on social media.
just the tip of the iceberg.

Old 10-01-2018, 04:19 PM

52,222 posts, read 33,922,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Why isn't there such a think as Toxic Femininity, or "Womansplaining"? Both exist, but hardly ever discussed.
pretty sure such things are considered 'diversity', worthy of 'celebrating.'

Old 10-01-2018, 05:45 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,693,206 times
Domestic violence services are almost exclusively for women. 'Affirmative action' focuses on issues such as education and employment, specifically granting special consideration to racial minorities(this does not apply to men of color FYI) and women.*

Women are:*
• favored in healthcare*
• exempt from selective service*
• less often the victims of violent crime yet we have the VAWA*
• receive lighter criminal sentencing for the same crime*
• assumed to be the competent parent re: child custody*

Old 10-01-2018, 05:55 PM

5,768 posts, read 3,193,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Is anyone else feeling like the democrat party is out of control with their attacks on men, especially white males?
A day doesn’t go by now without some democrat politician or activist saying things like, “men should just shut up,” “our country’s problems are from male privilege” “ white men are all a$$ holes,” “you can’t trust a group of all male senators” etc etc etc

The Kavanaugh hearing has really brought this to a head for me. Two possible victims — Ford possibly a victim of sexual groping, and Kavanaugh a possible victim of false horrific accusations to ruin his career and life.
But the female victim is treated so very very differently than the male victim, and we think that unfairness is just fine.

As a senior female, I have only a few times in my whole life had bad experiences with men, the vast vast majority of men in my life have been honorable, kind, generous with help and advice, and honest. I fear the Dems are indoctrinating a whole generation of young women to view men as villains.

I'm a white male Democrat and you are not going to turn me against the party. Perhaps liberal racist newscasters should watch what they say.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:11 PM

301 posts, read 187,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILRef View Post
This right here is the problem. Keep telling me to shut my mouth and take a seat when I've done nothing wrong. I don't often make "you" statements but I feel confident in saying people like you are what is causing the divide in this country. It's truly sad.

I’m not telling you to do anything. I said that I think it’s important for men to be willing to (metaphorically) sit out of the conversation and listen to women, about this specific topic and in this specific context. Perhaps I should just tell you straight up to sit down and shut up, instead. It’s not like you’ll do either, so it’s really all the same, eh?

Old 10-01-2018, 07:17 PM

22,275 posts, read 11,769,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Poor men. They are witnessing centuries of total dominance slipping away.
I'm sorry that you carry such bitterness within you.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:43 PM

22,275 posts, read 11,769,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Guess I got my Hatch and Hershiser mixed up.
It's Orel Hershiser

Old 10-01-2018, 08:08 PM

8,761 posts, read 4,425,323 times
I have a question or 2 for the "men" on here that still support the Democrat Party - do you miss your testicles? do you know who has them?

Old 10-01-2018, 09:08 PM

1,279 posts, read 840,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pupper View Post
republican = conservative = independent = libertarian

all 4 are the same thing.

Who are you kidding?
You don’t know the difference between Republican and Libertarian (which I am)?

Try comparing Gary Johnson and Donald Trump. No difference? Seriously?

Old 10-01-2018, 09:21 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,167,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I am a Democrat and don't do any of that.

No one I know does.

You just like to make chit up ...
Partisan politics... everything is described in hyperbolic terms and it's "us v them" and most of the hyper partisan don't see their "sides" part in it eve when they do the exact same thing. The division is being encouraged by both sides and the media. It keeps people complacent and occupied with hating other Americans instead of demanding politicians work for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies