Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 05:06 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
The text messages exist.

From the NBC link:

“Kerry Berchem, who was at Yale with both Kavanaugh and his accuser, Deborah Ramirez, has tried to get those messages to the FBI for its newly reopened investigation into the matter but says she has yet to be contacted by the bureau.
In one message, Yarasavage said Kavanaugh asked her to go on the record in his defense. Two other messages show communication between Kavanaugh's team and former classmates in advance of the story.“
Great, then you can show me a picture, right? And the transcript then at least. After all, they exist. Should be easy to find since those people were happy to talk to the media.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:09 PM

5,742 posts, read 4,697,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
KAVANAUGH WITNESS TAMPERING

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna915566

He's caught sending text messages to friends trying to line them up to all refute Deborah Ramirez.

Enough is enough. Repubs need to cut this guy loose and send him packing. Nominate somebody else after the election.
If the FBI confirms this, then yes, he's done.

Next in line will probably be Amy Coney Barrett... funny thing is, if she is seated, the Dems will probably wish they had Kavanaugh back instead.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:09 PM

13,733 posts, read 7,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Great, then you can show me a picture, right? And the transcript then at least. After all, they exist. Should be easy to find since those people were happy to talk to the media.
Unbelievable.

If the text messages exist NBC should have gotten copies before running the story.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:10 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,165,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
So heresay is evidence now? Hmmm. I read the article and she doesn’t herself have any of the text messages. She said a friend said she had some. What passes for news now is odd. Why didn’t NBC do the work, talk to this person who supposedly have these texts and get a copy of them? Story seems odd.
Not hearsay. NBC has them, article says "according to text messages obtained by NBC News."

This is very damaging because he's lying about something that happened this year, not 30 years ago.

I smell toast.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:11 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Not hearsay. NBC has them, article says "according to text messages obtained by NBC News."

This is very damaging because he's lying about something that happened this year, not 30 years ago.

I smell toast.
Oh they have them? Great, show them. After all, why would NBC News not publish them if they have them. I’ll wait.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:16 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,943,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
So Ford texts the Washington Post about this alleged incident with Kavanaugh on or about july 7-9. Ford states there were 2 boys present and includes the info that she has the marriage therapy notes. The therapy notes state 4 boys were present.

Ford amends the copy of the therapy notes to "2 boys were preseent'' and testifies the therapist made an error in the notes.

2 boys present is Kavanaugh and Judge; 4 boys present would mean 2 additional boys that would need to be tracked to verify. Too many ''boys'' would have been a problem.

Ford needed to keep her story straight.

This and, among other things, the politics played by Feinstein & Katz since early August using an attempted rape story about a sitting Federal judge and a nominee to the SCOTUS, completely poisons this whole thing.
Too add, Feinstein had Ford’s allegation in august, and as the ranking member of the u.s. senate fudiciary in the middle of vetting a nominee to the SCOTUS referred ford to far-left attorney Katz instead of referring the matter for confidential investigation.

Feinstein meets with Kavanaugh August 20, the hearings are subsequently held, vote set. The information is leaked so now the public can make its own social media judgment. Hmm. Isn’t that what Feinstein wanted along?

How could the champion of women disregard ford’s allegations? But for this information being “leaked”, what was Feinstein going to do with this information otherwise?

The fact that this serious allegation was made against anyone, let alone a sitting federal judge nominated to the SCOTUS, and manipulated for political purposes is disgusting.

This was all a political sham.

Last edited by Kamms; 10-01-2018 at 06:31 PM..

Old 10-01-2018, 05:17 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
I read him last night when I was checking on the Gamble vs US meme being spread around. He didn't seem concerned it was the magic wand for Trump in issuing pardons that it was made out to be. He checks out as left.

Speaking of Palmer:
https://www.palmerreport.com/factche...a-magic/13098/

Old 10-01-2018, 05:19 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
She also says that her parents didn't give her the respect and appreciation she deserved, according to her husband. I won't look up the link because I've already posted it several times. But this ties in nicely - seems like she really, really has an inferiority complex. It makes me wonder if she didn't at some point feel rebuffed by whoever was at the party with her and twisted off into this mode.

She is so jacked up it's not even funny.
She's done very well for herself professionally and has co-authored over 50 scientific publications, book chapters and books.

I'm sure if she wasn't "jacked up" you'd cite that as evidence that she hadn't been assaulted.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:20 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
how does one provide evidence of something that didn't happen?
True. Unlike her, Kav can't prove he still has the cherry and the box it came in, so to speak, as a matter of course, as they say, and such as like, yada yada...

Old 10-01-2018, 05:27 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
If the FBI confirms this, then yes, he's done.

Next in line will probably be Amy Coney Barrett... funny thing is, if she is seated, the Dems will probably wish they had Kavanaugh back instead.

Yes sir, win win for the Republicans.

On top of that, the hit job on Kavanagh will rally the base for midterms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies