Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 01:04 PM
exm

3,721 posts, read 1,780,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Flake will be a no vote on Kavanaugh confirmation this week regardless of the results of the fbi investigation he called for last week.

Speaking with Jeffrey Rosen, the president of the National Constitution Center, and Democratic Senator Chris Coons at The Atlantic Festival on Tuesday morning, Flake called the judge’s interactions with lawmakers “sharp and partisan.”

“We can’t have that on the Court,” said the Arizona senator, who didn’t elaborate on which interactions he was referring to.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...anaugh/571915/
Left out from your quote, from the same article:
"I caught up with Flake briefly as he left the event, and asked if this meant he would not vote to confirm Kavanaugh, even if the FBI cleared him by week’s end. He appeared rattled, and his handlers rushed him into the stairwell. “I didn’t say that …” he stammered. “I wasn’t referring to him.”

Old 10-02-2018, 01:05 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I don't believe in this instance, it proves Kavanaugh to be partisan. The point being, the character assassination was orchestrated by the Left - Feinstein being the ringleader. I expect that his anger would be directed to them.

I personally would rather have someone with passion going over every detail of law on the Supreme Court. I sure wouldn't want someone like Flake, who goes whichever way the wind blows.
I don't believe Feinstein is any "ringleader" and I don't believe that the Democrats "orchestrated" anything. This is just like the Clarence Thomas situation: the Senate must ask questions if a charge of sexual harassment or assault arises, no matter when. Feinstein didn't go out looking for Ford. And Kavanaugh's "anger" was largely--if it was real--a result of his pathological sense of entitlement being challenged, and especially being challenged by a woman.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:06 PM

89,012 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
the new liberal "rule of law"

Guilty until proven innocent... let's see how that works for ya in Nov...
Who thinks minorities are on board with that? They've been fighting for decades against EXACTLY that.

Black men have been lynched on nothing more than white women's "say so."

Old 10-02-2018, 01:07 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
"I caught up with Flake briefly as he left the event, and asked if this meant he would not vote to confirm Kavanaugh, even if the FBI cleared him by week’s end. He appeared rattled, and his handlers rushed him into the stairwell. “I didn’t say that …” he stammered. “I wasn’t referring to him.”
Flake has a long history of tough talk and no action. He may be a true conservative, but he is a true coward as well. No profile in courage here. He will vote for Kavanaugh and always was going to. The whole FBI thing is nothing but a smokescreen to give him and the other holdouts cover. They are not even bothering to interview Ford. What a farce!

Old 10-02-2018, 01:07 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Heard on the news now that the FBI report will not be made public, only Senators will have access to it. McConnell says the vote will happen shortly after the FBI completes the report, this week.
The report will come back with info that doesn't change anything.

Judge produced old pay statements from his Safeway employment. Don't prove anything one way or the other.

BK drank excessively. BK didn't drink excessively.

He was a mean drunk. He was a silly drunk.

His two girlfriends say he was a virgin. Non of the other prep school girls were willing to say he wasn't.

Renate says she didn't sleep with him or anyone else at Georgetown Prep. Some people said she did.

Unable to identify the unnamed additional boy alleged to be at the alleged gathering.

None of the original parties changed their statements.

The vote will be held. BK will be confirmed. The report will eventually be leaked.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:08 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
sorry mate it undercuts nothing at all.

what you got here is inference, not a lie not a "got ya".

This is nothing more than an absolutely desperate attempt to smear an otherwise squeaky clean witness.
Frankly if this is the best you guys can come up with than you may as well post "I think she was a stunningly good and trust worthy witness".

“Renters and a business operating out of Dr. Ford’s home would explain the added door,” he said. "Clearly, there were business purposes [for it], not just ones related to her anxieties.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:08 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
The mass media is apparently excluding this part of Jeff Flake's comments. Shocker.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:09 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
the new liberal "rule of law"

Guilty until proven innocent... let's see how that works for ya in Nov...
again it is not trial no matter how hard you guys try to pretend it is.

It is a hearing to investigate the suitability of an applicant to the SC.

KAVANAUGH is not suitable to fill a seat on the bench, he has a very questionable history that involves bar fighting, gambling debts , accusations of numerous SEX CRIMES, a conspiracy believer, and a completely unsuitable temperament.

Kavanaughs outbursts alone disqualify him.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:11 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
I don't believe Feinstein is any "ringleader" and I don't believe that the Democrats "orchestrated" anything. This is just like the Clarence Thomas situation: the Senate must ask questions if a charge of sexual harassment or assault arises, no matter when. Feinstein didn't go out looking for Ford. And Kavanaugh's "anger" was largely--if it was real--a result of his pathological sense of entitlement being challenged, and especially being challenged by a woman.
Feinstein held the information until the 11th hour and lawyered her up, as per Ford's testimony, which is in violation of the Senate Judiciary rules. Feinstein can say that she did not hold the information, but that is contrary to what she actually did by recommending the activist attorneys from DC.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:12 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
“Renters and a business operating out of Dr. Ford’s home would explain the added door,” he said. "Clearly, there were business purposes [for it], not just ones related to her anxieties.
cool you can quote the text. now make a point.

my point was simple, if this is all you guys have then you may as well just admit she was a very credible witness unlike Kavanough who lost his temper repeatedly and lied numerous times.(demonstrable lies, not implied )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies