Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 09:01 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,407,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I've taken at least 4 polygraph tests - first company I ever worked for has a policy that all employees had to take the test every 6 months. My last one was because I had to get bonded and the polygraph test was part of that. NONE of them were 2 questions.
I have taken three and been through 40 hours of classroom training on the poly, that test Ford took was BS.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:02 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Ah. See, learn something new everyday.
Oh, I’m full of useless information. Just glad it finally came in handy.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Depends on the clearance he had. If he had yankee, then he would have had the ssbi, and they would have went all the way back to whenever, but at least to the age of 18 and examined everything, interviewed people, etc, and things like drinking, finances, if come up, would be logged and examined about the severity, and see if he receives a clearance.
Wouldn’t working in the White House qualify for that?

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
USA Today is no liberal rag:

"Even with Jeff Flake's FBI investigation, Brett Kavanaugh Is unfit to serve

After his intemperate tirade against Democrats, with his rancorous tone and belief in hostile conspiracies, Brett Kavanaugh has disqualified himself.

Kavanaugh was not simply angry; he was unhinged."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/1454562002/
An opinion piece. My opinion is he's 100% qualified.

I'm more trustworthy than any hack media person.

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Excellent. That mutual friend should be found, and review the jail record. That would be the most evidence of anything so far.

Has zero to do with Ford, I could not care less about this incident as it was a long, long time ago and Kavanaugh himself was not arrested (funny that one).

This one should be very easy to prove.
That and saying it to a newspaper is a whole lot different than saying it under penalty of felony. I fully expected these kinds of smear stories to crawl out of the woodwork when they announced the delay for an investigation. Called it that day. Remember the same thing happened with the Duke Lacrosse case and UVA story. Once it was found out those allegations were false, those people who claimed these stories to smear the accused just faded away never to be heard again. Funny that.

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
That's one opinion. But if the betting lines are any measure of success than Kav. did very well.

Right after Fords testimony I believe Kav. had a 30% chance on reaching the high court.

Now its over 60%
Frankly, I think the betting odds have more to with bettors gauging Congress than a direct comment on Kavanaugh's behavior. Because just as some Congress critters will never accept Kavanaugh, others will support him no matter how he acts.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:05 PM

29,438 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
None of them said it didn't happen. They said they didn't recall. Just wanted to clear that up.
Sure about that ? The reports i've read stated "they denied it happened", not sure if that was their direct statement or how the news reported it.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:07 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
I have taken three and been through 40 hours of classroom training on the poly, that test Ford took was BS.
Given my job in the military back then, we took a seminar/class on how polys are beaten. Always considered that ironic since one of the things I had to do for my clearance was take a poly. Also learned interrogation techniques - that was fun.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Thanks -- that answers several questions I had. I never quite worked out what the yellow paper was.
It was the Statement that she and her Lawyer worked out for her to Swear to for the polygraph test.

Several cross outs and it's basically what she said in her testimony in the Judicial Committee Hearing.
The polygraph had ONLY two questions and both concerned this written statement. The polygraph examiner (one used by the Katz, Bain Law firm) judged her "passing the Polygraph". Odd that the test was in a Hotel and on the day of her Grandmothers funeral -- which even shocked the Arizona gal.

NOTHING about the Letter she sent to Dianne Feinstein or anything else except the events as she remembered them

Read this yellow paper statement very, very closely - and see if you can spot what is missing.

The names of people don't appear anywhere in this statement that determined the results of the Polygraph Test. She uses 2 first names "Brett & Mark" and that's it. Once again - very fuzzy about who was there and it's a very bare bones statement that the Polygraph Examiner wasn't very interested in at all ..... just "is this statement true"?

That's very interesting. Lawyer Katz & Bain got what they wanted and they got it long before the Washington Post story came out. Text was done on August 7.
Kind of puts the lie to everything. She planned to come out long before Feinstein outed her. By the time that leak happened, she had already scrubbed her social media and take a polygraph.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:08 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
That very well may be correct. But that's not a line for any Sup Court justice to cross, at any time, according to ABA ethics guidelines. Judges are supposed to be "neutral, decisive, respectful, and composed." Kavanaugh was anything but composed, that's for sure.
Then it is time that RBG is impeached.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies