Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 06:26 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
The pattern that seems to be forming from the left since this FBI investigation was initiated is one of resignation that the investigation will not find anything earth shattering, coupled with an effort to delegitimize the investigation to soften the blow that may come from its inconclusive results. Find fault in the way the investigation was run and see if you can get any moderate republicans to agree that the investigation was insufficient and call for a more comprehensive investigation with a more open ended time frame. This is all about delaying the final vote in any way possible, after all.
The investigation is insufficient. Trump is telling the FBI how to conduct it, what they can and cannot probe, etc. Oh, and he'll get the report and then decide what to do with it. What could go wrong? I'm sure that's not quite what people had in mind when they asked for an investigation. SMDH.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:26 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
None of them said it didn't happen. They said they didn't recall. Just wanted to clear that up.
You forget what I consider one of the most damning statement from Keyser, Ford’s very good friend. She had never met Kavanaugh, with or without Ford. That’s a definitive statement and well beyond just do not recall. And it effectively destroys Ford’s accusation as well.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:28 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
The investigation is insufficient. Trump is telling the FBI how to conduct it, what they can and cannot probe, etc. Oh, and he'll get the report and then decide what to do with it. What could go wrong? I'm sure that's not quite what people had in mind when they asked for an investigation. SMDH.
Asked this on the last thread from another or you, can’t recall. Feel free to post links on White House saying this because official WH statement is that is not true but was erroneously reported by NBC they were limiting witnesses.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:38 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Was that officially the longest thread ever on CD? I wouldn’t be surprised.
At 1770 pages, it is currently the longest Politics and Other Controversies thread.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:42 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
No, I believe she’s a lying vagina hat wearing scum**** Leftist
This.

But a credible lying vagina hat wearing scum**** leftist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Sorry -- she has no idea how she got there. No idea how she left there. Her home is at least 8 miles from the Country Club. Not a shred of any evidence.

Nobody bothered to ask her - if Brett Kavanaugh was using one hand to attempt to take off her clothes and the other hand to smother her ...... what the HELL was she doing with her 2 Free Hands?

She said the door was locked ...... then she said that she saw her chance to escape and "ran out the door" ....... nobody asked - "what kind of lock was on the bedroom door? How did you unlock it?"

She said -- No music or TV downstairs - music was on in this upstairs bedroom with nobody upstairs, she said they turned the music up loud so the people downstairs couldn't hear her scream.
She said that Kavanaugh & Judge were stumbling drunk .... and yet, they were not so "stumbling drunk" that they didn't carefully lock the door, carefully turn up the magic music and then carefully turn OFF the music right after she "ran out the locked door".

She testified that she could clearly hear them drunk going down the stairs AND talking with the people at the bottom of the stairs. No Music.

Picture this -- 2 girls, 4 boys at a "gathering". The 2 girls are "best friends, lifelong friends". ONE of the girls disappears and NOBODY noticed .... not even her "best friend".

Best Friend never, ever, ever mentions ....... "what happened to. you? why did you disappear?"
"why did you leave me all alone with 4 guys". WHAT Happened????
Good reason that the same Best Friend says ..... I've never met Brett Kavanaugh, I don't remember any such party - EVER.

Sorry ....... I'm not buying any of it.
Funny how flying all over the world is no problem and yet "I can't fly to Washington because I'm too traumatized to fly after the attempted Rape/Murder". She giggled about that. Giggle,Giggle

I actually think most females have experienced something that when they look back - yeah, that would be called "sexual assault". I know I did a couple of times. The worst was in college - it would have been a date rape thing if I had not fought him off. I ran, I fought and I told him my brother would be paying him a visit ..... which he did. I vividly remember him trying to hold me down, I remember running and I remember when I convinced him my brother would beat him bloody.

We all heard Ford's testimony -- She thought she might die with a hand over her mouth - smothering her. And yet - when Senator Leahy asked her - "what is your most vivid memory of that night? Christine Ford answered -- "the laughter", "they thought it was funny".

NO -- I don't believe her. "laughter" is not what you would remember. Being held down, hand over mouth ..... that's the sort of thing a person who thinks they are in danger remembers.
I think I got it figured out. Too many questions for one thing, but here's three answers...

Mrs. Peacock did it in the ballroom with the leadpipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
How do you know she's lying? On the last thread we had at least one poster putting up disinformation about her. Why would they do that if she was already lying? Why would they risk being exposed as liars if they were trying to out a liar?

Could it be
LODD:
LODD-- Liberal Opposition Defiance Disorder--
I was snarkily responding to a humorously un-PC assessment of her, but to answer the question, I think the Deep State or whatever you wanna call them put her up to this.

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-30-2018 at 07:03 PM..

Old 09-30-2018, 06:42 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Sorry -- she has no idea how she got there. No idea how she left there. Her home is at least 8 miles from the Country Club. Not a shred of any evidence.

Nobody bothered to ask her - if Brett Kavanaugh was using one hand to attempt to take off her clothes and the other hand to smother her ...... what the HELL was she doing with her 2 Free Hands?

She said the door was locked ...... then she said that she saw her chance to escape and "ran out the door" ....... nobody asked - "what kind of lock was on the bedroom door? How did you unlock it?"

She said -- No music or TV downstairs - music was on in this upstairs bedroom with nobody upstairs, she said they turned the music up loud so the people downstairs couldn't hear her scream.
She said that Kavanaugh & Judge were stumbling drunk .... and yet, they were not so "stumbling drunk" that they didn't carefully lock the door, carefully turn up the magic music and then carefully turn OFF the music right after she "ran out the locked door".

She testified that she could clearly hear them drunk going down the stairs AND talking with the people at the bottom of the stairs. No Music.

Picture this -- 2 girls, 4 boys at a "gathering". The 2 girls are "best friends, lifelong friends". ONE of the girls disappears and NOBODY noticed .... not even her "best friend".

Best Friend never, ever, ever mentions ....... "what happened to. you? why did you disappear?"
"why did you leave me all alone with 4 guys". WHAT Happened????
Good reason that the same Best Friend says ..... I've never met Brett Kavanaugh, I don't remember any such party - EVER.

Sorry ....... I'm not buying any of it.
Funny how flying all over the world is no problem and yet "I can't fly to Washington because I'm too traumatized to fly after the attempted Rape/Murder". She giggled about that. Giggle,Giggle

I actually think most females have experienced something that when they look back - yeah, that would be called "sexual assault". I know I did a couple of times. The worst was in college - it would have been a date rape thing if I had not fought him off. I ran, I fought and I told him my brother would be paying him a visit ..... which he did. I vividly remember him trying to hold me down, I remember running and I remember when I convinced him my brother would beat him bloody.

We all heard Ford's testimony -- She thought she might die with a hand over her mouth - smothering her. And yet - when Senator Leahy asked her - "what is your most vivid memory of that night? Christine Ford answered -- "the laughter", "they thought it was funny".

NO -- I don't believe her. "laughter" is not what you would remember. Being held down, hand over mouth ..... that's the sort of thing a person who thinks they are in danger remembers.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:43 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You forget what I consider one of the most damning statement from Keyser, Ford’s very good friend. She had never met Kavanaugh, with or without Ford. That’s a definitive statement and well beyond just do not recall. And it effectively destroys Ford’s accusation as well.
Here's a thought. Maybe she didn't meet Kavanaugh because he wasn't in the room with her. He was upstairs with Ford and Judge.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:46 PM

3,080 posts, read 1,544,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
So have liberals explained yet why they believe Ford when she has zero evidence?
Because they dont like Trump, the Republicans, anyone who voted for a republication and Judge Kavanaugh.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:46 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Of course nothing will come of this investigation. Trump has got the questions the FBI can now ask narrowed down to "what is your middle name, Mr. Kavanaugh?" What a joke.
You cannot be serious.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:47 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
This.

But a credible lying vagina hat wearing scum**** leftist.
How do you know she's lying? On the last thread we had at least one poster putting up disinformation about her. Why would they do that if she was already lying? Why would they risk being exposed as liars if they were trying to out a liar?

Could it be
LODD:
LODD-- Liberal Opposition Defiance Disorder--
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies