Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 05:17 AM

11,910 posts, read 6,487,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The FBI report is now complete. There is no corroborating evidence of Christine Ford’s sexual assault allegation against Brett Kavanaugh.

This is the last word. Now it’s on to the vote.
Plus Mitchell’s report is so damning of Ford and her accusation that it in itself should be enough to approve Kavanaugh
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/marc...he-whole-fight

Old 10-04-2018, 05:23 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,467,047 times
Time for the Dems and left to start screaming about the FBI investigation not being thorough, long enough, etc. because they need to delay and stall.

Bottom line they expected Kavanaugh to step aside, Trump to remove his nomination, or the Republicans to cave and vote no. None of that is happening and they never expected it to get anywhere near this point.

Take the vote!

Old 10-04-2018, 05:41 AM

58,545 posts, read 26,856,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You keep saying "he lied" but have provided ZERO evidence of that other than you saying it. You do not have insight into those terms because you were not part of his circle.

He did not lie and YOU KNOW IT.

All he has is, "check his wife's face during Thursday's testimony"

Old 10-04-2018, 05:48 AM

88,613 posts, read 44,334,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
Time for the Dems and left to start screaming about the FBI investigation not being thorough, long enough, etc. because they need to delay and stall.

Bottom line they expected Kavanaugh to step aside, Trump to remove his nomination, or the Republicans to cave and vote no. None of that is happening and they never expected it to get anywhere near this point.

Take the vote!
PLUS, the incumbent Dem Senators from red states have lost support. The more insane the left gets, the more support they lose.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Am I the only one who hates Trump and despises. Kavanaugh and thinks there is no chance he won't get enough votes???
I am grateful that the. National Council of Churches and these. Law professors have come out to protest Kavanaugh's appointment but unless they have some clout (read votes or money) to use against the GOP senators, their comments are worthless...

Does anyone really think that Jeff Flake is going to vote NO and he was the one persuaded to dig in his heels for an FBI investigation yet he still voted YES out of committee-what good did an FBI investigation do???
Nothing because Kavanaugh was not questioned again
Ford was not questioned again although Grassley is acting like a turd about getting more info from her when he would not allow her therapist or the polygraph operator to testify DURING THE HEARING as they both offered to do...

The GOP has bought so wholeheartedly into Trump's playbook that I am beginning to suspect that even more of them have ties to Russian/dirty money than I previously thought and they believe they need Kavanaugh to protect themselves from Mueller's investigation at some point...
Graham certainly seems to be so afraid of some blackmail being used against him he has literally been transformed into someone 180 degrees from the Graham of the campaign and early days of the Trump administration...
Grassley is just a crotchety old fool--
If there was a picture perfect example of why term limits are better for the country he and Orin Hatch would be the Ben and Jerry mockup...
"Am I the only one who hates Trump"

I am GLAD to FINALLY hear a dem they ADMIT HATE.

WE survived 8 years of clinton and 8 years of Obama and have NEVER heard I "hate" them.

"and despises. Kavanaugh"

I NEVER heard one repub say they "despise" Sotomayour or Kagen.

MANY on the left have SERIOUS MENTAL PROBLEMS when their disagreement on issues turns into HATE and DESPISE ANYONE who dares disagree with their positions.

THIS is one reason why the deplorables won"!

" National Council of Churches and these. Law professors"

Want to make a BET they are ALL LIBERALS?

Old 10-04-2018, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
Only ONE copy of the FBI report is to be made available to all senators on Thursday.

So, we have:
  1. The president shaming a reported sexual assault victim. Not proven otherwise.
  2. Forty reported witnesses who have been attempting to be heard by the FBI but have not been.
  3. The two primaries, Blasey-Ford and Kavanaugh, who reportedly haven't been interviewed by the FBI.
  4. Stonewall Mitch McConnell orchestrating from behind the scenes to pull Kavanaugh's bacon out of the fire and to obstruct anything that would do otherwise.

If this were a court investigation instead of a Senate requested FBI investigation, there would be a name for it. Marsupial related.

"Only ONE copy of the FBI report is to be made available to all senators on Thursday."

This is how the LSM EARNED the moniker "FAKE NEWS"

EVERY SINGLE MEMBER of the Senate has a copy.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:04 AM

Quote:
So you agree the FBI investigation. Which wasn't--was really a sham for Senators like. Mulkowski and Collins to justify their voting for Kavanaugh in spite of resistant in their home states?

That the FBI never had any intention of verifying if Kavanaugh lied under oath about his drinking habits or his sexuality since he made it a point to claim he was a virgin until marriage...
That the GOP had no intent in making this a cooperative effort to allow input from the Democrats who represent more than 50% of the people in America and who might want to have a say in what the FBI checked into based on testimony under oath...

Grassley himself was trying to force Ford to turn over her therapist's transcripts and the data from the polygraph exam although he outright refused to allow both of them to testify at the Thursday hearing in person AND admit their information into evidence at that time...
Nope he wouldn't allow that because he couldn't compel them to testify to what he wanted--
So now he is trying to smear Ford's story all over again by claiming to want this additional information so he can cherry pick what helps the GOP's case...

The only people who are afraid of talking to the FBI are those who have something to hide...
You have more than 40 people last count who knew Kavanaugh at Yale and want to testify about his drinking habits and party habits---and none of them were questioned...
No need to ask why--because their honest testimony about Kavanaugh's behavior would put paid to his "oath"

He is very likely going to be the first Supreme Court justice to be impeached from the bench...
If he and Trump together don't tear down the Constitution to get their way...
Consider what you wish for GOP...

You may "love to read, BUT you seriously LACK reading and listening comprehension.

"since he made it a point to claim he was a virgin until marriage.."

That is NOT what he said.

Your ENTIRE rant is just that a baseless RANT based on your OWN BIAS!

Old 10-04-2018, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Do you really think I. Would not vote????? I ALWAYS vote even in TX where a Democrat's vote is like spitting on a forest fire most of the time...
I just don't think people who are railing about this should expect to get anything but more cow tipping from Mitch McConnell---he is a nasty piece of turkey waddle...

I gave money tonight to the CrowdPac campaign for Susan Collins's opponent---and that money is gone because she WILL vote for Kavanaugh so I will gladly fund her opponent...whoever that might be...
And she is really dumb, isn'''t she----not just naive in an old---lady kind of way--but just dumb...
I have donated money to three Democrats running (NOT in my state even) and to Beto O'Rourke running against Ted Cruz in my state's senate race...

Do you REALLY think this SURPRISES ANYONE?

Old 10-04-2018, 06:13 AM

52,212 posts, read 33,980,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
White House Finds No Corroboration of Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Kavanaugh in FBI Report
https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-h...ort-1538625927
Quote:
How nice your master has spoken.....
Maybe that alone will be enough to put some backbone into some GOP senators
But I doubt it
And it certainly didn't address his fitness to act as an impartial jurist or lying under oath...
Especially since they failed to investigate so many people with first hand knowledge...
But just stick you head in the sand--
You certainly won't be distracted by anything that way...
I posted a link. that's it.
triggered much?

Old 10-04-2018, 06:22 AM

52,212 posts, read 33,980,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
There is no information in that "letter" about who took the testimony, or anything to indicate that it is a genuine document. Do you have anything further? If not, it looks like a fabrication, and it is fishy that he wanted to remain anonymous.

If he's legit or not, the FBI needs to question him, don't you think...?
was it also fishy that ford wanted to remain anonymous?

sure, have the FBI interview him. fine by me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies