Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 12:50 AM

76 posts, read 24,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
We have people stating that a man has a right to be angry for being held accountable to attempted rape. PreTrump I'd never seen anyone admit these kinds of things. I knew these type of ideas were out there but now we know who had them.
Can you point to anyone saying this? Should be easy.

PreTrump the LWNJs would have laughed at this half baked scheme cooked up by a Feinstein. It would never have seen the light of day given the obvious issues. You have all let hatred of Trump cloud even rudimentary critical thinking and decision making.

And best of all, you aren't even embarrassed or ashamed, but rather you seem to revel in it like pigs in mud.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:52 AM

15,792 posts, read 6,206,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
So that’s the biggest load of bunk ever. People believe he has a right to be angry because ALL evidence shows he is being wrongly accused. And I, for one, believe him.
I'm PMing you a link. Decide for yourself.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:53 AM

11,011 posts, read 10,963,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Thank you. I'm glad to hear you say that. I was wondering because I caught some clickbait (didn't click) that stated 55% of Republicans wanted him even if these allegations where true.
Note I did add to that post saying any proof needs to be pretty damn solid too. At this point, vague isn’t going to cut it.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Note I did add to that post saying any proof needs to be pretty damn solid too. At this point, vague isn’t going to cut it.
That's fine. I just meant whatever would cut it for you.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamLabroy View Post
Can you point to anyone saying this? Should be easy.

PreTrump the LWNJs would have laughed at this half baked scheme cooked up by a Feinstein. It would never have seen the light of day given the obvious issues. You have all let hatred of Trump cloud even rudimentary critical thinking and decision making.

And best of all, you aren't even embarrassed or ashamed, but rather you seem to revel in it like pigs in mud.
It was literally right over your head. I pmed that other guy. If you missed it the first time I can only assume you had a reason.

Old 10-01-2018, 01:00 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,222,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Ford was very brave for coming out to tell her story. Unfortunately, some call others every name in the book and believe the men. This is why many women never say a word.

well, you have to understand that there are many FALSE sexual accusations made by women....just look at the Duke lacrosse case and many others cases.

Sorry, if most of us men take a pause on a 37-year allegation that wasn't even a rape with no witnesses or evidence and the accuser doesn't remember much and some question her timing and political motives.

I don't take just the word of a man or woman to destroy a person's career and family just because you disagree with his politics.

if you don't understand our side and our concerns then you are the problem.

Old 10-01-2018, 01:00 AM

149 posts, read 550,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The actual polygraph test consisted of two - two - questions.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0353bd2d0489b
I'm thinking the test was longer but they didn't include the baseline questions that would reveal various things about her personal life in their report. They only included 2 of the (perhaps several) questions asked about the specific incident.

Old 10-01-2018, 01:04 AM

11,011 posts, read 10,963,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advocate4 View Post
I'm thinking the test was longer but they didn't include the baseline questions that would reveal various things about her personal life in their report. They only included 2 of the (perhaps several) questions asked about the specific incident.
Yeah, and several problems with the test too like was that statement in fact the one she was referring to when answering the questions. My conclusion on that test is it provides little to no substantive value. Of course, I also have issues with polys and consider them quite unreliable.

Old 10-01-2018, 01:05 AM

590 posts, read 283,214 times
It would actually be great if the Senate held another hearing for the other 2 or 3 accusers. When the nation sees how nutty they are it could only help Kavanaugh.

Old 10-01-2018, 01:08 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,222,612 times
I said this before and say it again.....take out the names and the politics of liberals vs conservatives out of this.

if this was Jane Doe making the same allegations on Michael Jordan, Joe Montana or Jerry Seinfeld when both were in high school with no witnesses and no evidence and Jane Doe doesn't remember much, this NEVER makes the news....their lawyers will kill this quickly if Jane tries to file a report, or tries to go out in public with her allegation and this never makes it into court.

only in Washington's politics this gets national attention and is a national crisis. That is a fact.

if this would have happened to Johnny Carson, his lawyers would have killed this so quickly and never makes the news, especially when Jane Doe didn't even file a police report.

you know I'm right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies